Image Image Image Image

time to trade samardzija?

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

time to trade samardzija? 

Post#1 » by hermes » Tue Jun 3, 2014 1:55 pm

shark has been pitching great this year (except for his last start) and with no contract talks currently going on it seems likely that he will be moved

should they start looking to move him now with his value probably at its highest and with most of the league still in contention for the playoffs (more suitors, more potential for a bidding war that results in a nice haul for us)?

what do you guys think? when should this year's fire sale begin?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Re: time to trade samardzija? 

Post#2 » by karch34 » Thu Jun 5, 2014 5:30 am

I think they're probably already looking, but I think closer to the deadline even if less teams are in it, the package is going to get better. I don't think they're in any hurry and even if there's an offer they like,I doubt they feel they gain anything by taking it immediately.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:49 pm

He'll get moved it's just a matter of when. With the Rays making David Price available Samardzija isn't the best pitcher on the market. They will probably try to move Hammel first. Similar to last year when they traded Feldman early before moving Garza closer to the deadline. It just depends on when one of the teams that could use a pitcher, i.e. Baltimore, Toronto, Kansas City, Colorado, etc decide they want to commit to this year and how much future value they are willing to give up for a chance at a run this year.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

Post#4 » by hermes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:55 am

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/ ... api_public

they have begun, for shark and hammel

Return to Chicago Cubs