Image Image Image Image

Wrong Jackson

HBK9
Sophomore
And1: 5

Wrong Jackson 

Post#1 » by HBK9 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:39 pm

I think my eyes subconsciously skipped over the OF in the headline :)

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/po ... rhp-cooper

They are starting to load up on the "change of scenery" pitchers.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Re: Wrong Jackson 

Post#2 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:05 pm

This had nothing to do with the pitcher they got back. They DFA'd BJax and Arizona claimed him and they added a RP for the Iowa playoff run. The point was to clear a 40 man roster spot. Now the question is why did they need to clear a 40 man roster spot NOW? Are they about to add Bryant to the 40 man and bring him up? Are they going to make a strong push for Rusney Castillo, who is expected to sign with someone between today and early next week? Was this just roster clearing to prepare for the off-season?

I'm leaning to them going hard after Castillo. A CF from Cuba who can play all three OF positions and is supposed to be MLB ready makes sense. It will give them more options going forward and more flexibility in who they could trade to add the needed pitching and other things going forward.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#3 » by karch34 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:59 am

I has kind of forgotten he was with us. It's kind of weird to think that him and Vitters were the future not that long ago.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:15 am

It's even harder to believe that the Cubs were being so terribly ran they passed on Matt Wieters for Vitters to save a few bucks.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#5 » by karch34 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Or drafting Hayden Simpson over actual first and second round talent to save a few.

Return to Chicago Cubs