ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ime Udoka facing suspension

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

OT: Ime Udoka facing suspension 

Post#241 » by dagger » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:07 am

alienchild wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Multiple violations. So not just one affair? Or an affair that persisted after he was warned to cease and desist? The issue is not just the affair or affairs, but breach of the code of conduct, which he would have known, which, in the legal sense, constitutes a breach of trust. A breach of trust of this nature can be grounds for dismissal with cause. But he might contest dismissal with cause in court, because he’d be losing all moneys still owing him. Hence why he wasn’t fired immediately. Look for an out of court settlement. Neither side will want this dirty laundry aired in a courtroom. But he won’t be back to coach the Celtics.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,009

Re: OT: Ime Udoka facing suspension 

Post#242 » by kalel123 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:19 am

What's out there isn't enough for a one-year suspension so would have to think there's more to this story. They wouldn't give out this kind of punishment lightly given current environment and also the fact that he took them to NBA Finals in his first year. People shouldn't jump to conclusions either way since none of us have the full info.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#243 » by brownbobcat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:28 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
douggood wrote:even after the backlash over the last 24 hours, they still follow through and officially suspended him for the season. methinks there is more to this story.

The rumour is he had sex with the VP of Finance's wife. The VP of Finance is technically his superior, so he can get him suspended or fired.

I'm completely against punishing someone for having an affair with a co-worker, but if he had an affair with a superior's wife, he knew the risks. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Having sex with a superior's wife doesn't really break any employment rules (unless you're doing it in the office). It must be related to another employee AND involve some other big detail that's missing so far.
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,106

Post#244 » by The Warrior » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:29 am

Hooo man!

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Pixel 6a using RealGM mobile app
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#245 » by ontnut » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:49 am

People should really stop getting married tbh.
Most people just aren't ready for what it actually entails.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,439

Post#246 » by KL78192020 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:57 am

He must've hooked up with someone seniors wife. Most teams would sweep this under the rug if their coach just led them to the finals. If this was just some random girl, there is way more to this story. 1 year is steep, just fire him at this point and let him find work elsewhere.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#247 » by Red_Claw » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:00 am

Plot twist. The consensual affair is with one of the players.... :o
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#248 » by Sherlock » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:02 am

Jay240 wrote:Based on how long the suspension might be, I have a feeling that he might have been involved with underage intern or somebody like that.

And for all those saying if it's consensual it should be ok, (I don't mean in terms of underage, but in regards of relationships with co-workers), companies have policies in place to prevent conflict of interest, favoritism, brand image etc.

But I would assume that punishments for these violations would be handled internally. So this must be really huge.

What does 'handled internally' mean for a public figure like head coach of an NBA team?

People will notice if Udoka's not at training camp. Or behind the bench on opening night.

There's only so many times you can use the excuse that he ate some bad shellfish and has the runs before people will catch on that maybe something else is going on...
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,936

Post#249 » by Potential » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:03 am

This man really got fired for having sex :lol: :lol:
Udoka has no choice now but to resign and he probably will tomorrow. If I'm KD I'm getting on the phone with Udoka ASAP. Nets with Udoka revenge season
KL78192020
RealGM

Post#250 » by KL78192020 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:09 am

Potential wrote:This man really got fired for having sex :lol: :lol:
Udoka has no choice now but to resign and he probably will tomorrow. If I'm KD I'm getting on the phone with Udoka ASAP. Nets with Udoka revenge season

lol a one year suspension is nuts just fire the guy and put both yourselves out of each others misery.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,936

Post#251 » by Potential » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:11 am

KL78192020 wrote:

lol a one year suspension is nuts just fire the guy and put both yourselves out of each others misery.

I seen a tweet where they said its gonna be extended beyond 1 year basically forcing Udoka to resign
KL78192020
RealGM

Post#252 » by KL78192020 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:16 am

Potential wrote:
KL78192020 wrote:

I seen a tweet where they said its gonna be extended beyond 1 year basically forcing Udoka to resign

he def smashed someone's wife higher up and they getting their revenge.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#253 » by blastttOFF » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:27 am

Red_Claw wrote:Plot twist. The consensual affair is with one of the players.... :o

Grant Willims always looked pretty sus
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#254 » by will » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:40 am

That higher up exec's wife enjoys gallivanting, no?

Exec's hand was seemingly not that strong. She showed her true colours. It is what it is.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,411

Post#255 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:49 am

brownbobcat wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
douggood wrote:even after the backlash over the last 24 hours, they still follow through and officially suspended him for the season. methinks there is more to this story.

The rumour is he had sex with the VP of Finance's wife. The VP of Finance is technically his superior, so he can get him suspended or fired.

I'm completely against punishing someone for having an affair with a co-worker, but if he had an affair with a superior's wife, he knew the risks. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Having sex with a superior's wife doesn't really break any employment rules (unless you're doing it in the office). It must be related to another employee AND involve some other big detail that's missing so far.

No, it doesn't. But a superior can fire/suspend you for looking at them the wrong way, let alone having an affair with their wife. This is a personal vendetta if true.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,411

Post#256 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:53 am

Udoka has sex with Tsai's wife and ends up in a CCP labour camp.
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#257 » by pagal » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:56 am

will wrote:Sawwwft!

Let's also not ignore the fact that he's in a certain city...

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/bf73ae97-3440-4502-aaac-2b66d62e7e6c
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#258 » by pagal » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:05 am

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#259 » by will » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:07 am

pagal wrote:
will wrote:Sawwwft!

Let's also not ignore the fact that he's in a certain city...

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/bf73ae97-3440-4502-aaac-2b66d62e7e6c

I was just referencing this whole situation as being soft.

How and why this is even such public knowledge is just soft. Handle that business in house, either get rid of them or keep them on.

Yes, one employee was clapping cheeks, and another employee was giving up said cheeks to get clapped. Happens everywhere.

Then again, we don't have all the details and facts. We won't ever get all the details and facts.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#260 » by sule » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:17 am

brownbobcat wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Yup. I'd bet it has to do with misappropriation of funds to further his relationship with her, or severe neglect of duty to engage in illicit behavior on company time and on company property.

If it was strictly just an affair across power dynamics, then they would've just fired him or swept it under the rug. There's precedent for both.

But the fact that they haven't plainly fired him, but instead chose to suspend him with a statement that his employment is up in the air means that they are investigating something behind the scenes that either needs his cooperation, or still needs to be determined.

The fact that Woj got vague intel and quickly tweeted it probably meant he got a leak from the Celtics organization that they were looking into something relating to Udoka. But that's all he got. Then Shams comes in and sweeps the leg with the mic drop news of the affair.

Return to Toronto Raptors