Tua Tagovailoa Taken To Hospital With Head, Neck Injuries

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Tua Tagovailoa Taken To Hospital With Head, Neck Injuries 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Tua Tagovailoa was taken to a local hospital with head and neck injuries suffered on a second-quarter sack in Thursday night\'s game between the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

Tagovailoa hit the back of his head on the ground when he was sacked by Josh Tupou. His arms appeared to seize up almost immediately. 

He remained on the field for roughly 10 minutes before he was loaded onto a stretcher and taken away.

The Dolphins said just before halftime that he was conscious and had movement in all his extremities at the hospital. After the game, they said Tagovailoa was expected to be released from the hospital Thursday night and travel back to Miami with the team.

Mike McDaniel said Tagovailoa called for him when he went down.

\"I could tell it wasn\'t the same guy that I was used to seeing,\" McDaniel said. \"It was a scary moment. He was evaluated for a concussion. He\'s in the concussion protocol, but he\'s being discharged.

\"It\'s an emotional moment. It\'s not a part of the deal you sign up for. His teammates and myself were very concerned, but he got checked out and it\'s nothing more serious than a concussion.\"

Via Marcel Louis-Jacques/ESPN

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,662

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Taken To Hospital With Head, Neck Injuries 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:01 pm

"Nothing more serious than a concussion"

lol ... tell that to Bebe Thomas and Junior Seau.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion