Lakers Interested In Bradley Beal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers Interested In Bradley Beal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:59 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have interest in Bradley Beal, sources tell Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report.

The Washington Wizards are not expected to entertain trading Beal unless he requests a trade. Beal re-signed with the Wizards on a five-year, $251 million deal this past offseason. Beal has a full no-trade clause, which could allow him to dictate his next team. 

Beal was the third overall pick in the 2012 draft, which was headlined by Anthony Davis. Beal will turn 30 in June.

The Lakers can currently trade their 2027 and 2029 first round picks. The Lakers can trade a 2023 first round pick after the selection is made. The New Orleans Pelicans own a pick swap with the Lakers in this year's draft.

Via Chris Haynes/Bleacher Report

hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Re: Lakers Interested In Bradley Beal 

Post#2 » by hyberx » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:15 pm

The Lakers wanted one of the top players in the league to save their sorry season for LeBron because he couldn't get it done without a super team or the peak of a global pandemic. Shocked, I am shocked!
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#3 » by Tom White » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:36 pm

What is it with all these Lakers stories? Who cares if they are interested? How many players are actually interested in the Lakers? Darned few right now, I'd bet. The Lakers are stinking up the place now. How many teams would not be interested in him? I'm interested in a nice pumpkin pie right now. They may as well write about that.
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 61

Post#4 » by YourGM99 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:38 pm

hyberx wrote:The Lakers wanted one of the top players in the league to save their sorry season for LeBron because he couldn't get it done without a super team or the peak of a global pandemic. Shocked, I am shocked!

Do you have an issue with the Cavs current super team?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Beal on that contract just makes the situation worse.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#6 » by alienpick » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:58 pm

hyberx wrote:The Lakers wanted one of the top players in the league to save their sorry season for LeBron because he couldn't get it done without a super team or the peak of a global pandemic. Shocked, I am shocked!

You realize that he won championships before the pandemic right? And Lebron, Kyrie, and a neutered K-Love isn't as superteam.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,948

Post#7 » by BigGargamel » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:09 am

Four freaking front page blurbs about the lakers on real GM right now. My god, there are 29 more interesting teams to follow right now.

My insiders tell me the lakers are interested in Jokic, embiid, Doncic and Giannis too.

What is the point of these endless articles about the lakers? They’re old news.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,400

Post#8 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:13 am

Washington is interested in this why? So they can get Russ back? Pretty sure Beal can net something better than picks that are 3-5 years out and Russ for Beal.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#9 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:57 am

Michael Jackson wrote:Washington is interested in this why? So they can get Russ back? Pretty sure Beal can net something better than picks that are 3-5 years out and Russ for Beal.

Honestly Washington getting off Beal for an expiring would be a win. This is going to be the worst contract in the NBA in a couple of years.

Expiring Russ and two promising firsts for Beal would be a massive win for Washington.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Post#10 » by elmdawgg69 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:07 am

OKC should do this and trade Dort and seven picks. It would have to be a three or four team deal.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#11 » by RipCityKJ » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:11 am

YourGM99 wrote:

The Cavs drafted and made great trades to create their team, LeBrom tears down franchises then leaves them in the dust.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#12 » by RipCityKJ » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:20 am

alienpick wrote:

You realize that he won championships before the pandemic right? And Lebron, Kyrie, and a neutered K-Love isn't as superteam.

You realize there is no way Cleveland wins that title without Kyrie and Love? Both had performances in the finals that without them would have been a loss and series over. Also LeBrons lost more finals than he’s won and half his wins took 7 games so it’s not like he single handily won any championship.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#13 » by alienpick » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:12 am

RipCityKJ wrote:
alienpick wrote:

You realize there is no way Cleveland wins that title without Kyrie and Love? Both had performances in the finals that without them would have been a loss and series over. Also LeBrons lost more finals than he’s won and half his wins took 7 games so it’s not like he single handily won any championship.

You realize teams have 5 players on the floor right? Of course Kyrie and Love helped. It's a team game. Kyrie and Love weren't "superstars" so it wasn't a superteam. It was a good team.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 740

Post#14 » by kacey ring » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:28 am

Tom White wrote:What is it with all these Lakers stories? Who cares if they are interested? How many players are actually interested in the Lakers? Darned few right now, I'd bet. The Lakers are stinking up the place now. How many teams would not be interested in him? I'm interested in a nice pumpkin pie right now. They may as well write about that.

RealGM been living off the Lakers articles last few years. This past summer was bad too. Article for every free agent that Lakers had interest in. Article for every Westbrook trade rumor.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#15 » by CZ Eddie » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:42 am

They need to trade Lebron for Beal.
Let Washington tank for a few years to start over.
Lebron will still bring in some crowd and advertising dollars.
Keep your politics out of my sports
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#16 » by CZ Eddie » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:44 am

Beal + The Brow could make the Lakers fun again.
Keep your politics out of my sports
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#17 » by dice » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:49 am

CZ Eddie wrote:They need to trade Lebron for Beal.
Let Washington tank for a few years to start over.
Lebron will still bring in some crowd and advertising dollars.

CZ Eddie wrote:Beal + The Brow could make the Lakers fun again.

you cannot be serious
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#18 » by Rek » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:03 am

Rob and Jeanie have apparently learned nothing yet about trading for Washington's overpaid stars.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#19 » by deeps6x » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:29 am

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:Washington is interested in this why? So they can get Russ back? Pretty sure Beal can net something better than picks that are 3-5 years out and Russ for Beal.

Honestly Washington getting off Beal for an expiring would be a win. This is going to be the worst contract in the NBA in a couple of years.

Expiring Russ and two promising firsts for Beal would be a massive win for Washington.

My first thought was the same. Washington getting out of that Beal contract and getting those Laker firsts would be a win.

However, I'm sure the Lakers could do better than an over paid Beal. Yeah, it might work for them, this season, because they are also getting rid of Westbrook, but if I was their GM, I'd be looking to trade those two firsts for someone younger. Early to mid 20s. Hell, even late 20s is better than Beal.

Maybe Dillon Brooks or Gary Trent Jr. The Lakers could easily make salaries match their deals. And both teams are worried about losing them in free agency. Of course, it is too early in the season for either Memphis or Toronto to be willing to trade a key player away, so they would need to have incentive to make a trade. Two future first rounders would be lots of incentive. If the Lakers don't do something soon, this is a wasted LeBron season for sure.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#20 » by hyberx » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:42 am

YourGM99 wrote:

Cavs has a super team? What are you smoking because you are the only one talking about it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion