LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,646

Re: LeBron since turning 38 

Post#161 » by Phystic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:30 pm

Not a single triple double, really chosing his age.
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,240

Post#162 » by payton2kemp » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:35 pm

formula 400 wrote:stat padding as usual just to look good

Why don't other old player stat pad like Lebron if that all it is?
formula 400
Pro Prospect
And1: 621

Post#163 » by formula 400 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:47 pm

LascelleL wrote:
formula 400 wrote:stat padding as usual just to look good

The hate is strong with this one.

im just being sarcastic. lbj is having an awesome year
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Re: LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special 

Post#164 » by Capn'O » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:03 pm

Clearly the best late career of all time.

But will he ever get a LeBron?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,811

Post#165 » by Homer38 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:12 pm

About 10 years ago, some predicted that LBJ was not going to have a long longevity in his 30s because of his style!....They were wrong like crazy!
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,240

Post#166 » by payton2kemp » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:22 pm

it's crazy he's not even known as a scorer. Guys like Curry/KD/Kobe and many others were known "scorers" ahead of LBJ, yet he is about to be #1.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,417

Post#167 » by MavsDirk41 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:31 am

Dino353 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Dino353 wrote:Anyone who doesn't feel he's the GOAT is in straight up denial.

He is not the greatest player ive ever seen in my 30 plus years of watching the nba. Seems you only post on here to stan for him. Do you have anything to back your comments up with other than just saying this?

Well the NBA is nothing without LeBron James but yes I have several reasons why I believe LeBron is the GOAT:

1. We've never seen anyone 6"9' 250-260 who can run,jump,pass, or think the game like he can.

2. He carried his team to 8 straight Finals with no breaks unlike Michelle Jordan and was the best player on all those rosters.

3. He is going to be the all-time scoring leader and is a pass first player.

4. 20 straight years of superstar play with again no breaks averaging well over 25+ points per game and being expected to compete for the title year after year.

5. He alone is a walking dynasty, 10 Finals in 20 years win or lose he got to the mountaintop.

6. He's just the most entertaining player to watch come playoff time and has carried this albatross of a league for practically 2 decades.

Ok i can play along. Jordan has more:

Chanpionships 6
League MVPs 5
finals MVPs 6
Scoring titles 10
Defensive player of the year 1
All defensive teams 9
Lead the league in steals 3 years
Highest scoring average per season all time 30.1 ppg
Highest playoff scoring average 41ppg
2nd all time in 50 plus point games with 31

James is 4-6 in the finals and was not the best player in the 2011 finals- Wade and Dirk were both better

He has been swept twice in the finals

Formed superteams etc…

And the statement about him being the most entertaining player ever is your opinion. Look you have a right to your opinion about who is the goat just like everybody else. Not everybody will agree on this. Its very objective. But to say people are in denial if they dont think lebron james is the goat is a ridiculous statement. Its your opinion.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,603

Post#168 » by Heej » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:14 am

Capn'O wrote:Clearly the best late career of all time.

Apparently after this rebounding stretch a Lebron has been officially upgraded to 27/8/7. So it's now officially possible
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,956

Post#169 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:19 am

Bro made Jerami Grant and Josh Hart look like children last night.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#170 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:33 am

Heej wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Clearly the best late career of all time.

Apparently after this rebounding stretch a Lebron has been officially upgraded to 27/8/7. So it's now officially possible

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201704070CLE.html
AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Post#171 » by AussieRules » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:14 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
AussieRules wrote:
ROballer wrote:
His team is 5 games away from the 3rd seed while not having Davis for a huge chunk of the season and despite starting 2-10.
And they lost a ton of games by one possession, even at the buzzer.

Pull your head out of your ass a little bit, it's not that hard. I'm not a Lebron fan at all, not even close. But this notion that the Lakers are a bottom dweller level team needs to cease. They are and will be fine even without additional trades, all they need is health.

I didn’t know my head was in my ass for stating facts :lol: Happy to know I hurt your feelings for being factual.

Yet a guy like SGA, who is also a solo act for the most part, is being considered a superstar here now and is averaging similar numbers over all, this season, entering his prime. LeBron is 38. Their teams are separated by 1 game. You could easily argue SGAs supporting cast is better than what LeBrons played with this year, too. This isn't to knock SGA, but to put it in perspective. Lebrons been amazing this season for his age.

How the mighty have fallen, we are comparing Lebron James to SGA now? Superstar? We’re discussing GOAT status here.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 838

Post#172 » by Roy T » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:49 am

I think it's pretty obvious now, that LeBron uses some kind of advanced doping. There is no way a body can endure that amount of work he has put in.
Long2_noD
Junior
And1: 415

Post#173 » by Long2_noD » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:55 am

Roy T wrote:I think it's pretty obvious now, that LeBron uses some kind of advanced doping. There is no way a body can endure that amount of work he has put in.

Maybe. Who cares?
NBA does not really enforce any anti-PED policy. If we assume Lebron is using, then many many others are too for sure.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#174 » by JN61 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:15 pm

therealozzykhan wrote:it's crazy he's not even known as a scorer. Guys like Curry/KD/Kobe and many others were known "scorers" ahead of LBJ, yet he is about to be #1.

That is just a lazy media narrative. Everyone who actually follows basketball knows LeBron always wants his 25 points.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#175 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:48 pm

Roy T wrote:I think it's pretty obvious now, that LeBron uses some kind of advanced doping. There is no way a body can endure that amount of work he has put in.
Anything he does now is advanced compared to what the past players had available. It's not just doping.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,811

Post#176 » by Homer38 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:55 pm

JN61 wrote:
therealozzykhan wrote:it's crazy he's not even known as a scorer. Guys like Curry/KD/Kobe and many others were known "scorers" ahead of LBJ, yet he is about to be #1.

That is just a lazy media narrative. Everyone who actually follows basketball knows LeBron always wants his 25 points.

But not at all cost....
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#177 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:48 pm

JN61 wrote:

meh, it's just more the role he's had to play on his respective teams as well as a skillset that is conducive to scoring. iow, it's isn't that he "wants" his 25, it's just that with the role that he plays and the skillset he brings to the table, over the course of a 48 minute game, those 25 points are pretty much inevitable. it would be hard for him not to average 6-7 points a quarter.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#178 » by whitehops » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Homer38 wrote:About 10 years ago, some predicted that LBJ was not going to have a long longevity in his 30s because of his style!....They were wrong like crazy!

yeah i remember those days... there was a ton of speculation that he would fall off a cliff when he was older because he relied on his athleticism. gotta give lebron props for keeping his body in tip top shape and for developing his skills to perform how he is at 38.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,234

Post#179 » by enigmatics » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:05 pm

It's still funny to me that anyone really believes he's naturally defying the laws of aging.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,234

Post#180 » by enigmatics » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:06 pm

He's pumping himself full of the most expensive designer peptides you can imagine - stuff that isn't currently monitored.

Return to The General Board