Why Can’t the Celtics Beat the Magic?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,191

Re: Why Can’t the Celtics Beat the Magic? 

Post#21 » by The High Cyde » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:44 am

My guess is Celtics just don’t take them seriously as the Magic are basically bottom dwellers. Then the games start and Boston is like “oh shoot, they got game”. The Magic aren’t turrible, just young and inexperienced.

That’s not to say Orlando won’t be a legit playoff team in the hunt for the title in about 2 to 3 years. Watch out.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,066

Post#22 » by SOUL » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:49 am

I don't buy the "don't take us seriously thing". Sure, the 1st game maybe.. but we played literally the next game at their place again and beat them.

Then they probably had some pride and wanted to win again after those losses and lost again.

Mix of length, injuries (helped a bit in the last game for Orlando), and playing physical against them. Banchero in particular shoots way better for some reason against them too.
ChumboChappati
Junior
And1: 233

Post#23 » by ChumboChappati » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:56 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:I mean they have the best record in the league and are 0-3 vs The Young and mediocre Magic team. I’m not sure what this means but maybe Celtics, Magic fans and people who watched these games can chime in and give some feedback as to how the hell the Magic have been able to dominate the Celtics?

have you seen the size of Magic? this team will become very good in the near future
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#24 » by Viper1500 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:59 am

A team as good as the Celtics wouldn’t lose to the Magic 3x if there wasn’t matchup issues.

Do I think Orlando would win a playoff series? No

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#25 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:01 am

The Magic's young stars match up well with their stars. Franz has been on a tear the last 20 games. 50/42/85 22 ppg.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/franz-wagner-stats-last-20-games

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
Cricket23
Senior
And1: 522

Post#26 » by Cricket23 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:24 am

I think it's the same reason that Indiana and OKC beat Boston. These teams have a lot of young, athletic, and hungry players, and Boston is just trying to cruise by.
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 191

Post#27 » by JT3000 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:50 am

MagicMatic wrote:Celtics didn't take Orlando seriously whenever they played.

How many consecutive losses does it take to start taking a particular team seriously? If this is the excuse the Celtics wish to use, it says a lot about them, none of it good.

Ugalde wrote:just a regular season aberration. we see them all the time. celtics would crush them in the post season.

How can you be so sure? How does one go from losing a season series to "crushing" that same team in the playoffs? How often does that even happen? :-?
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Post#28 » by rocketsfan100 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:59 am

On a side note, Jonathan Issac I’ve been high on him even his pre his injury in 2020 days and I’ve mentioned it here before and I got to say he showed flashes of the Magic have in him is valuable. He is long athletic rim protector with ability to hit the tray ball and has a ok mid range game. He will just give them another long athletic skilled big to go with Banch, Wendell Carter Junior and Bol. It’s a future that can only be described extremely bright
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,382

Post#29 » by RunOKC » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:04 am

Celtics were missing guys in all 3 losses and the Magic aren’t a bad team

Happens
Bird4Three
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,471

Post#30 » by Bird4Three » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:05 am

Papi_swav wrote:It's the length. Magics have too much of it

Magic wand
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#31 » by Ugalde » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:36 am

JT3000 wrote:

How many consecutive losses does it take to start taking a particular team seriously? If this is the excuse the Celtics wish to use, it says a lot about them, none of it good.

Ugalde wrote:just a regular season aberration. we see them all the time. celtics would crush them in the post season.

How can you be so sure? How does one go from losing a season series to "crushing" that same team in the playoffs? How often does that even happen? :-?

they won’t take them seriously until it’s the playoffs.

i honestly cant give you specific examples but it has 100% happened. lebrons heat had this happen a couple times and his cavs. where a team had their number in the regular season but in the playoffs lebron crushed them. you’ll see this often if you pay attention enough. the thing is regular season just isn’t intense at all. so sometimes some teams can steal game away from the big dogs. sometimes they can even steal the regular season series. but in the playoffs it’s a different monster.

i’d put my house on the line that the celtics would beat the magic in a playoff series
politics
to many 3s
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#32 » by RookieStar » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:33 am

The curse of Eddie House. Somehow, Magic players easily channel their inner Celtic Killers when they see him.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#33 » by Hussien Fatal » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:35 am

Ugalde wrote:
JT3000 wrote:

they won’t take them seriously until it’s the playoffs.

i honestly cant give you specific examples but it has 100% happened. lebrons heat had this happen a couple times and his cavs. where a team had their number in the regular season but in the playoffs lebron crushed them. you’ll see this often if you pay attention enough. the thing is regular season just isn’t intense at all. so sometimes some teams can steal game away from the big dogs. sometimes they can even steal the regular season series. but in the playoffs it’s a different monster.

i’d put my house on the line that the celtics would beat the magic in a playoff series

And because of the 3-1 lead the Magic have, you can also say that’s a bad bet.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,332

Post#34 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:42 am

Because they have the size to match Tatum.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
AdamTH21
Senior
And1: 673

Post#35 » by AdamTH21 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:55 am

Eddie House.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,928

Post#36 » by JDR720 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:44 am

Orlando are ready to make the jump into a legit playoff team next season.

But for the OP question, I think it's just a bad matchup. Orlando are long and their best players play the same position as Boston's best players.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#37 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:34 am

ryan in Maine wrote:Curse of Bol Bol.

Mo Wagner.

He WANTED to be a Celtic. The Cs kept Luke Kornet over him (not a bad decision, but perhaps they should have kept both).
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#38 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:37 am

Guy wrote:

Woah

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#39 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:42 am

Well of course!

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,662

Post#40 » by MagicMatic » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:15 pm

JT3000 wrote:

Orlando matches up extremely well against the Celtics.

The rosters are built similarly. Boston is undoubtedly the better team right now, but the Magic have had better games against them than anyone else.

Return to The General Board