LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,555

Re: LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special 

Post#181 » by Heej » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:20 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Roy T wrote:I think it's pretty obvious now, that LeBron uses some kind of advanced doping. There is no way a body can endure that amount of work he has put in.

He's pumping himself full of the most expensive designer peptides you can imagine - stuff that isn't currently monitored.

Lol and you think Jordan wasn't doing the same s***? Bron just built different mentally. No amount of gear can make up the difference in his ability to recover mentally and come to work day after day.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,284

Post#182 » by Zenzibar » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:02 pm

Dino353 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Dino353 wrote:Anyone who doesn't feel he's the GOAT is in straight up denial.

He is not the greatest player ive ever seen in my 30 plus years of watching the nba. Seems you only post on here to stan for him. Do you have anything to back your comments up with other than just saying this?

Well the NBA is nothing without LeBron James but yes I have several reasons why I believe LeBron is the GOAT:

1. We've never seen anyone 6"9' 250-260 who can run,jump,pass, or think the game like he can.

2. He carried his team to 8 straight Finals with no breaks unlike Michelle Jordan and was the best player on all those rosters.

3. He is going to be the all-time scoring leader and is a pass first player.

4. 20 straight years of superstar play with again no breaks averaging well over 25+ points per game and being expected to compete for the title year after year.

5. He alone is a walking dynasty, 10 Finals in 20 years win or lose he got to the mountaintop.

6. He's just the most entertaining player to watch come playoff time and has carried this albatross of a league for practically 2 decades.

The NBA will do just fine after Lebron retires my guy. Just as they have flourished in all other eras. The other thing is that other than Steph, Lebron's era has been devoid of all-time greats other than himself..
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,827

Post#183 » by Sofia » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:29 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Dino353 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

He is not the greatest player ive ever seen in my 30 plus years of watching the nba. Seems you only post on here to stan for him. Do you have anything to back your comments up with other than just saying this?

Well the NBA is nothing without LeBron James but yes I have several reasons why I believe LeBron is the GOAT:

1. We've never seen anyone 6"9' 250-260 who can run,jump,pass, or think the game like he can.

2. He carried his team to 8 straight Finals with no breaks unlike Michelle Jordan and was the best player on all those rosters.

4. 20 straight years of superstar play with again no breaks averaging well over 25+ points per game and being expected to compete for the title year after year.

5. He alone is a walking dynasty, 10 Finals in 20 years win or lose he got to the mountaintop.

6. He's just the most entertaining player to watch come playoff time and has carried this albatross of a league for practically 2 decades.

The NBA will do just fine after Lebron retires my guy. Just as they have flourished in all other eras. The other thing is that other than Steph, Lebron's era has been devoid of all-time greats other than himself..

Lebron’s era is much longer than others, so his era is going to seem devoid of other greats. It shouldn’t be held against him that his career was so much longer than than the others

Duncan Shaq Kobe Curry Giannis Wade Dirk KG CP3 KD

That’s 10 top 30 all time guys who overlapped for multiple years in Lebron’s career
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,488

Post#184 » by Jazz9 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:45 pm

When your body says "I'm done" no amount of PED can make you elite again in a sport like basketball, not the way LeBron is still playing anyway.
Could he be on something? Sure, like everyone else. But there's no magic powder that only he in the whole world has access to.
Dude won the genetic lottery like no one before and has a great work ethic.
picko
Starter
And1: 3,408

Post#185 » by picko » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:14 am

JN61 wrote:
therealozzykhan wrote:it's crazy he's not even known as a scorer. Guys like Curry/KD/Kobe and many others were known "scorers" ahead of LBJ, yet he is about to be #1.

That is just a lazy media narrative. Everyone who actually follows basketball knows LeBron always wants his 25 points.

I think it's an overplayed narrative but there is an element of truth to it. I don't think that LeBron typically forces his individual offense in the way that some other known 'scorers' have done in the past, such as Kobe or Iverson or even Jordan. They focused primarily on scoring with everything else, such as playmaking, clearly of lower priority.

LeBron has been more balanced in that regard and I think his twilight years are showing that if he'd chosen to focus more attention on scoring, as others have, then he could have scored a lot more points than he did. The ease with which he scores 30 points a night these days, despite a considerable loss of athleticism, is really quite extraordinary. It makes you wonder what the 2009 version of LeBron would do under the same circumstances.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,284

Post#186 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:16 am

Sofia wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Dino353 wrote:

Lebron’s era is much longer than others, so his era is going to seem devoid of other greats. It shouldn’t be held against him that his career was so much longer than than the others

That’s 10 top 30 all time guys who overlapped for multiple years in Lebron’s career

I would argue that only Curry, KD and Giannis have been at their respective peaks during Lebron's career.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,194

Post#187 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:22 am

Meh so strange to hate in Lebrons career or any other greats career. LeBron has done something some others who greats haven’t. Chose your own Goat. LeBron is not mine personally but to argue he is not in the discussion is silly. Jordan likely is for me… growing up with personal ties to him and watching his whole career…. Still not undisputed though. Let’s just say whatever metric… Jordan surely isn’t Russell. Let’s compare the rings. All the metrics are pic and chose but I surely don’t put any of the greats I have seen that far above or below one another personally.
Sofia

Post#188 » by Sofia » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:59 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Sofia wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

I would argue that only Curry, KD and Giannis have been at their respective peaks during Lebron's career.

I get it if with Shaq, but did Dirk, Duncan, Kobe, KG all peaked before 2003?

There’s also Wade and CP3 whose entire careers have been in the same window.

TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#189 » by TheLand13 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:21 am

enigmatics wrote:It's still funny to me that anyone really believes he's naturally defying the laws of aging.

We believe it because he is. But please, by all means, prove it if that’s not the case.
trueballer7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,153

Post#190 » by trueballer7 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:59 am

Heej wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Roy T wrote:I think it's pretty obvious now, that LeBron uses some kind of advanced doping. There is no way a body can endure that amount of work he has put in.

He's pumping himself full of the most expensive designer peptides you can imagine - stuff that isn't currently monitored.

Lol and you think Jordan wasn't doing the same s***? Bron just built different mentally. No amount of gear can make up the difference in his ability to recover mentally and come to work day after day.

He's one of a kind. Truly, the only big name player in history who plays the game only to get stats. These past 3-4 years have been the happiest of his entire career, you can tell by how big he smiles. Only thing he has to do is stay fresh, play when in form, jack up shots, lose by 20.
Heej
General Manager

Post#191 » by Heej » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:02 am

trueballer7 wrote:
Heej wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

He's one of a kind. Truly, the only big name player in history who plays the game only to get stats. These past 3-4 years have been the happiest of his entire career, you can tell by how big he smiles. Only thing he has to do is stay fresh, play when in form, jack up shots, lose by 20.

Imagine having such a low IQ post the first thought reading it is that this is some good satire
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,660

Post#192 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:03 am

trueballer7 wrote:He's one of a kind. Truly, the only big name player in history who plays the game only to get stats. These past 3-4 years have been the happiest of his entire career, you can tell by how big he smiles. Only thing he has to do is stay fresh, play when in form, jack up shots, lose by 20.

Read on Twitter
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Post#193 » by rocketsfan100 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:03 am

It’s a downright crime that the lakers are hesitant to trade a pick 5 years down the road to get legitimate help for Lebron who is arguably playing like a top 5 or 6 player currently. It really is.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,483

Post#194 » by infinite11285 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:05 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
trueballer7 wrote:He's one of a kind. Truly, the only big name player in history who plays the game only to get stats. These past 3-4 years have been the happiest of his entire career, you can tell by how big he smiles. Only thing he has to do is stay fresh, play when in form, jack up shots, lose by 20.

Read on Twitter

It's an easy plan to execute considering LeBron’s playing with a bunch of Walmart employees.
trueballer7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,153

Post#195 » by trueballer7 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:19 am

Heej wrote:
trueballer7 wrote:
Heej wrote:Lol and you think Jordan wasn't doing the same s***? Bron just built different mentally. No amount of gear can make up the difference in his ability to recover mentally and come to work day after day.

Imagine having such a low IQ post the first thought reading it is that this is some good satire

Imagine Ty Lue slapping you right across the face.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#196 » by nikster » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:21 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Sofia wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

And you would be hilariously wrong.

Wade was in Lebrons draft. Paul was drafted after and had his entire career with lebron in the leagu. Kobe had 9 seasons near peak Kobe form dueing which he had 4 finals appearance and 2 titles
Sofia

Post#197 » by Sofia » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:24 am

infinite11285 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's an easy gameplan to execute when considering LeBron’s playing with a bunch of Walmart employees.

Plumbers > Walmart employees?

Heej
General Manager

Post#198 » by Heej » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:27 am

trueballer7 wrote:
Heej wrote:
trueballer7 wrote: He's one of a kind. Truly, the only big name player in history who plays the game only to get stats. These past 3-4 years have been the happiest of his entire career, you can tell by how big he smiles. Only thing he has to do is stay fresh, play when in form, jack up shots, lose by 20.

Imagine Ty Lue slapping you right across the face.

Ooh free money

Worth more than these awful takes.

Good timing on this thread btw OP. A great LeBron performance wasted
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,185

Post#199 » by lambchop » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:39 am

nikster wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Sofia wrote:

Wade was in Lebrons draft. Paul was drafted after and had his entire career with lebron in the leagu. Kobe had 9 seasons near peak Kobe form dueing which he had 4 finals appearance and 2 titles

Wade definitely peaked in high school. Just look at how he dominated high school compared to the pros. As for Kobe, he just a 3rd option behind Gasol and Fisher in those championship years.

Dirk is an OK player but not an all time great. I've got guys like Ayton and Kleber comfortably ahead of him.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#200 » by nikster » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:45 am

lambchop wrote:
nikster wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

Wade definitely peaked in high school. Just look at how he dominated high school compared to the pros. As for Kobe, he just a 3rd option behind Gasol and Fisher in those championship years.

Dirk is an OK player but not an all time great. I've got guys like Ayton and Kleber comfortably ahead of him.

Duncan never peaked, his career is a smooth curve :lol:

Return to The General Board