Knicks Resistant To Trade Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Knicks Resistant To Trade Immanuel Quickley 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 pm

The New York Knicks have changed their tune on the trade market for third-year guard Immanuel Quickley. Where New York was once willing to move the combo guard, the Knicks are now setting a high asking price for Quickley.

In early-December, New York was looking for a first-round pick for Quickley. It's now believed it would take more than a single pick for the Knicks to trade the young guard. In addition, New York doesn't seem to really want to move Quickley at all, at this point in the season.

Quickley has become a key part of Tom Thibodeau's rotation. His defensive play off the Knicks bench has helped sparked the team's turnaround from an under-.500 start to the season.

Via Fred Katz/The Athletic

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Re: Knicks Resistant To Trade Immanuel Quickley 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:54 pm

It's only Wednesday.

Knowing how Thibs and the rest of the NYK circus runs....Quickly will probably be benched, sent to the G-League, back on the team and starting, then back on the trade block but only in return for 57 first round picks and a fatted calf, all before the start of February.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
odiggity3
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by odiggity3 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:08 pm

He really needs to be the starting two guard on the team. Team plays significantly better as he's better fit in the starting unit. He is less usage, better defender, and provides better speed/handle/spacing than RJ. Obviously benching a guy you just gave 107mil to isn't a good look but he's already taking away his minutes. I'm assuming they'll gauge RJs trade value this summer again.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:57 pm

It makes sense to keep him. He's their best player on the bench, I could see him becoming that 6th man of the year type of player. Trade him, your depth is gone. I completely understand the resistance to trading him. He's done nothing but get better during his time here.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#5 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:34 am

I think you mean reluctant. Resistant doesn't fit. No one is resistant to trades for as long as offers can be made.

Return to Wiretap Discussion