Dinwiddie on Wizards: "For them, They’re over there trying to get paid, not play winning basketball

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Re: Dinwiddie on Wizards: "For them, They’re over there trying to get paid, not play winning basketball 

Post#21 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:15 pm

Then that's crappy considering the Mavs are only 3 gamed ahead of the Wizards in the standings... And Luka on the Wizards roster would be championship favourites so might wanna chill on trashing them lol.
HanzGruber
Senior
And1: 1,074

Re: Dinwiddie on Wizards: "For them, They’re over there trying to get paid, not play winning basketball 

Post#22 » by HanzGruber » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:17 pm

He may be right but it’s kinda dumb to say when you lose to them 3 times in a row lol
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,255

Post#23 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:shut up Spencer. Worry about your team, mate.

I read the quote as being about the Mavs. He's criticizing his team losing to a team that isn't even as focused on winning.
For a team that has real aspirations and has an MVP, went to the conference finals last year, we have to be better to a man."

I'm not saying it's a good quote, but I think he's disparaging the Mavs first and doesn't mind as much collateral damage to the Wiz as possible.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Post#24 » by Revived » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:20 pm

TravisScott55 wrote:Dinwiddie is by far the biggest idiot in the NBA

Isn’t Dinwiddie the same guy that was trying to get paid entirely in Bitcoin or something? The NBA saved him from himself…but then on social media he was promoting bunch of scam NFTs and stuff.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#25 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 pm

Weird quote after the loss from them.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:

I read the quote as being about the Mavs. He's criticizing his team losing to a team that isn't even as focused on winning.
For a team that has real aspirations and has an MVP, went to the conference finals last year, we have to be better to a man."

I'm not saying it's a good quote, but I think he's disparaging the Mavs first and doesn't mind as much collateral damage to the Wiz as possible.

You can say your team needs to beat teams at home without the little petty shot at your old team. I know that ended poorly and Spencer is really happy to be out of there, but no need for that. Guys move around a lot. It's likely one or more of those players become his teammate down the road. It's why he has a bad reputation with a lot of players. He is outspoken to a fault. Sometimes guys don't want to hear it. And this ain't Chris Paul and his resume either.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Vox Populi
Junior
And1: 197

Post#27 » by Vox Populi » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:25 pm

The Wizards seem like a team that exists only so the bigwigs in the capital have somewhere to take friends.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,691

Post#28 » by KyRo23 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:28 pm

He found a way to **** on the Wizards and his own team at the same time. Honestly impressive
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,683

Post#29 » by Nate505 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:33 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=l-DwK3HO1SFvXgltdZHPyg

So, let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

Spencer Dinwiddie, a member of the Mavericks and a team with a 25-24 record, takes a shot at the Wizards, a team with a 21-26 record (or let's say, two more losses than the Mavs currently), about their willingness to win?

I mean, at least he said this after the Mavs thrashed the Wizards and the Wizards were playing like dog crap out there right? Oh, he said it after the Mavs lost to the Wizards at home?

What the hell? Is he some kind of clueless **** moron or something?
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#30 » by WillyJakkz » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:43 pm

Maybe the Mavericks should play "not winning basketball" and they'd start winning?

Honestly sounds like a shot because he lost to his former team and really wanted to beat them.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#31 » by Pointgod » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:45 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=l-DwK3HO1SFvXgltdZHPyg

The best part about this quote is that it can also be applied to Wizards ownership and management
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,398

Post#32 » by AbeVigodaLive » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:16 pm

Inspektor1312 wrote:Don’t watch them so I don’t know if it’s true, but this reminded me of one Darko Milicic quote about playing in Minnesota with K.Love. He hated how Love was happier if he scored 30 and lost, then if he scored 10 and the team won (I’m paraphrasing).

"I had the opportunity to play with great players in the NBA, but they were all crybabies, like Kevin Love, for example."

- Darko Millicic

The funny part is that the Kevin Love Minnesota teams barely won with Darko, so just how often did this occur?

- Minnesota was 2 - 22 in games Darko Milicic appeared in his first season in Minnesota. The GM, David Kahn, still thought it was a good idea to beg and plead with Darko to resign for four more years.
- The Wolves went 15 - 54 with Darko as its starting center in year 2.
- The Wolves won 14 games with Darko the next season... before they benched him... then gave him DNPs for the remainder of the season. Then, they waived him as it was clear that Darko (1) sucked and (2) was just there to collect paychecks.

That's only 31 wins over 2.5 seasons. LOL.

[Note: That's all a bunch of context around a single thought -- screw Darko. He was terrible and lazy and petulant and should never be taken seriously for what he did on the court... or said off of it.]
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#33 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:33 pm

Knicks fans are thrilled with this development.

Spoiler:
Knicks own the Wizards pick 15-30. Wizards are currently 2.5 games away of moving up in the standings and relinquishing their pick to us

Knicks own the Mavs pick 11-30. Mavs are currently in the 17 slot but only 1 game away of moving back in the standings to relinquish a better pick (11th) to us
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,482

Post#34 » by DwayneSchintzus » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:39 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Inspektor1312 wrote:Don’t watch them so I don’t know if it’s true, but this reminded me of one Darko Milicic quote about playing in Minnesota with K.Love. He hated how Love was happier if he scored 30 and lost, then if he scored 10 and the team won (I’m paraphrasing).

"I had the opportunity to play with great players in the NBA, but they were all crybabies, like Kevin Love, for example."

- Darko Millicic

The funny part is that the Kevin Love Minnesota teams barely won with Darko, so just how often did this occur?

- Minnesota was 2 - 22 in games Darko Milicic appeared in his first season in Minnesota. The GM, David Kahn, still thought it was a good idea to beg and plead with Darko to resign for four more years.
- The Wolves went 15 - 54 with Darko as its starting center in year 2.
- The Wolves won 14 games with Darko the next season... before they benched him... then gave him DNPs for the remainder of the season. Then, they waived him as it was clear that Darko (1) sucked and (2) was just there to collect paychecks.

That's only 31 wins over 2.5 seasons. LOL.

[Note: That's all a bunch of context around a single thought -- screw Darko. He was terrible and lazy and petulant and should never be taken seriously for what he did on the court... or said off of it.]

I just want to say, I love this board for this exact reason - someone looking up the T-Wolves' record with Darko Milicic just to **** on him. Well done hahahaha.
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,754

Post#36 » by Exp0sed » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:41 pm

Duffman100 wrote:They're not trying to pay winning basketball yet still beat you?

Feels like Dinwiddie should be more concerned about the Mavericks.

did u read what he said?

he IS concerned about the Mavs, that's what he's saying: "we should be better to a man" meaning - we should be but we aren't.
that's directed at himself and his teammates

and yes while he is at it, he fires a veiled shot towards the wizards and the toxic lockeroom he was traded from
i'm sure if u ask KCP he'll tell u the same thing (about the Wizards, I mean)

Point is he's being hard on himself and the Mavs
I can paraphrase what he said as: "it's embrassing to lose a team where everyone plays for themselves"

and he's right, a home loss to the shorthanded Wizards it embrassing
Wood or no Wood
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,255

Post#37 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:51 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:

You can say your team needs to beat teams at home without the little petty shot at your old team. I know that ended poorly and Spencer is really happy to be out of there, but no need for that. Guys move around a lot. It's likely one or more of those players become his teammate down the road. It's why he has a bad reputation with a lot of players. He is outspoken to a fault. Sometimes guys don't want to hear it. And this ain't Chris Paul and his resume either.

100% agree it was petty.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,371

Post#38 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:53 pm

Vox Populi wrote:The Wizards seem like a team that exists only so the bigwigs in the capital have somewhere to take friends.

lol, I've never got that sense. DC has a strong basketball culture and would love to cheer for a team that was all about winning and actually did win; but like in most arenas around the country I would presume corporations buy up most of the expensive lower level seats.
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,354

Post#39 » by zshawn10 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:30 pm

Buddy, the Mavs only have 4 more wins that the Wizards lol
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,557

Post#40 » by ken6199 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:50 pm

I like Dinwiddie's brutal honesty. It's not secret that most of the guys in this league play for money, and only a selected few who don't care about money at certain stage in their careers with the only goal to win a championship. I actually wish more guys call it like this.

All these players talk PC stuff in front of camera "I just want to win, and get better every day", while thinking "hmmm my team is hopeless anyway how can I make myself look good and get that next contract".

You love your work, you don't need to love your job/employer.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.

Return to The General Board