Dinwiddie on Wizards: "For them, They’re over there trying to get paid, not play winning basketball

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,048

Re: Dinwiddie on Wizards: "For them, They’re over there trying to get paid, not play winning basketball 

Post#41 » by Lalouie » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:01 pm

that's FO not doing due diligence

they put together this group
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,063

Re: Dinwiddie on Wizards: "For them, They’re over there trying to get paid, not play winning basketball 

Post#42 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:07 pm

i dont get it. this is the grown up version of saying "we cant be losing to these bum ass N*****" its not like anyones going to make an argument against his comments about washington. They suck and the mavs need to beat teams that suck if they wanna climb the standings.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,368

Post#43 » by baldur » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:07 pm

Dallas will be dropping even further by all star break given their brutal schedule.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#44 » by AFM » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,191

Post#45 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:16 pm

Coming from a guy who tried to use questionable financial practice to generate extra money from his contract which got shutdown by the nba.
Inspektor1312
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,325

Post#46 » by Inspektor1312 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:18 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Inspektor1312 wrote:Don’t watch them so I don’t know if it’s true, but this reminded me of one Darko Milicic quote about playing in Minnesota with K.Love. He hated how Love was happier if he scored 30 and lost, then if he scored 10 and the team won (I’m paraphrasing).

"I had the opportunity to play with great players in the NBA, but they were all crybabies, like Kevin Love, for example."

- Darko Millicic

The funny part is that the Kevin Love Minnesota teams barely won with Darko, so just how often did this occur?

- Minnesota was 2 - 22 in games Darko Milicic appeared in his first season in Minnesota. The GM, David Kahn, still thought it was a good idea to beg and plead with Darko to resign for four more years.
- The Wolves went 15 - 54 with Darko as its starting center in year 2.
- The Wolves won 14 games with Darko the next season... before they benched him... then gave him DNPs for the remainder of the season. Then, they waived him as it was clear that Darko (1) sucked and (2) was just there to collect paychecks.

That's only 31 wins over 2.5 seasons. LOL.

[Note: That's all a bunch of context around a single thought -- screw Darko. He was terrible and lazy and petulant and should never be taken seriously for what he did on the court... or said off of it.]

Haha that just makes the point he was making even better imo.
In the rare event that they actually won a game, Love wouldn’t be satisfied unless his personal numbers weren’t good.
And there are surely players with the same mentality today.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,399

Post#47 » by AbeVigodaLive » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:45 pm

Inspektor1312 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Inspektor1312 wrote:Don’t watch them so I don’t know if it’s true, but this reminded me of one Darko Milicic quote about playing in Minnesota with K.Love. He hated how Love was happier if he scored 30 and lost, then if he scored 10 and the team won (I’m paraphrasing).

"I had the opportunity to play with great players in the NBA, but they were all crybabies, like Kevin Love, for example."

- Darko Millicic

The funny part is that the Kevin Love Minnesota teams barely won with Darko, so just how often did this occur?

- Minnesota was 2 - 22 in games Darko Milicic appeared in his first season in Minnesota. The GM, David Kahn, still thought it was a good idea to beg and plead with Darko to resign for four more years.
- The Wolves went 15 - 54 with Darko as its starting center in year 2.
- The Wolves won 14 games with Darko the next season... before they benched him... then gave him DNPs for the remainder of the season. Then, they waived him as it was clear that Darko (1) sucked and (2) was just there to collect paychecks.

That's only 31 wins over 2.5 seasons. LOL.

[Note: That's all a bunch of context around a single thought -- screw Darko. He was terrible and lazy and petulant and should never be taken seriously for what he did on the court... or said off of it.]

Haha that just makes the point he was making even better imo.
In the rare event that they actually won a game, Love wouldn’t be satisfied unless his personal numbers weren’t good.
And there are surely players with the same mentality today.

Maybe. The guy was a quote machine... but simply not somebody to take too seriously.

- "I had issues with everyone, and that was caused by me playing just for myself."
- "I thought I was sent by God. So I got into fights, got drunk before practices, spiting everyone."
- "I met with David Kahn and told him: "Don't trade for me for the love of God, I don't want to play in the NBA anymore, I'll ruin your team. I'll f*** up the team chemistry, do not trade for me."
- "So yeah, I was the problem."

But the best quote?

- "I will find the referees, murder them and then [expletive] their daughters."

Check it out yourself (if you're older than 18). I can only assume it's accurate. LOL.

[Note: For what it's worth, Kevin Love won an NBA title while starting 96 games for the Cavs... Darko won a title, too... playing 173 minutes over 100+ games with the Detroit Pistons.]
Inspektor1312
Pro Prospect

Post#48 » by Inspektor1312 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:53 pm

I'm not disputing anything about him, he himself acknowledges that he was a dumb kid when he went to the NBA. And I'm not saying that he was a better player than Love either. I was just reminded of his quote when I saw what Spencer said.

P.S. I'm Serbian and the translation is pretty accurate lmao, legendary stuff
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#49 » by Apz » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 pm

This is more back to what he said when he were traded to mavs, that wizards lockerroom were terrible and everyone just played for themselves. And as this quote, its just a bash on mavs performance. If u listen to the whole thing he talks a lot about mistakes and the defense and what they need to do better.

Its nothing new in the wizard bashing, its more just bashing mavs defensive effort. Maybe the wizards lockerroom have changed in 1 year, but doubtful with kuzma and kp there.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,120

Post#50 » by Plutonashfan » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 pm

His not wrong, but man keep that mess to yourself.
The Champ is HERE!!!
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#51 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 pm

Sounds like Dinwiddie had a speech prepared to give after the Mavs won but couldn’t hold it in even though they lost.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#52 » by Maf » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:07 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:i dont get it. this is the grown up version of saying "we cant be losing to these bum ass N*****" its not like anyones going to make an argument against his comments about washington. They suck and the mavs need to beat teams that suck if they wanna climb the standings.

Yeah only in this he bashed team that is one game back to being in play-in while playing on team that´s ahead one game to being out of play-in.

You know, like if Pacers player said we need to beat those sorry ass Raptors team.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#53 » by Maf » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:10 pm

Inspektor1312 wrote:I'm not disputing anything about him, he himself acknowledges that he was a dumb kid when he went to the NBA. And I'm not saying that he was a better player than Love either. I was just reminded of his quote when I saw what Spencer said.

The fact you call this legendary is sad.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 2,789

Post#54 » by OriginalRed » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:10 pm

It takes alot of nerve to say that after they just beat you lol. Even if he's right that Washington is a franchise that's going nowhere, the timing of this comment is a bit funny.
Inspektor1312
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by Inspektor1312 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:26 pm

Maf wrote:
Inspektor1312 wrote:I'm not disputing anything about him, he himself acknowledges that he was a dumb kid when he went to the NBA. And I'm not saying that he was a better player than Love either. I was just reminded of his quote when I saw what Spencer said.

The fact you call this legendary is sad.

It is legendary, we're still laughing about it 15 years later :lol:
Btw, you literally have a junkie talking about taking drugs in your signature, but cursing out the refs is sad lmao
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#56 » by Yuri Vaultin » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:41 pm

This from the guy who wanted convert his contract into crypto, ntfs, shares or some other nonsense so he could make more money, right?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#57 » by KingFox » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:03 pm

Duffman100 wrote:They're not trying to pay winning basketball yet still beat you?

Feels like Dinwiddie should be more concerned about the Mavericks.

:lol: :lol:
Noctilux
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,236

Post#58 » by Noctilux » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:04 pm

A very dimwitted response from Dimwiddie.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,085

Post#59 » by og15 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 pm

kenwood3333 wrote:Coming from a guy who tried to use questionable financial practice to generate extra money from his contract which got shutdown by the nba.

What's the relevance here exactly? :lol:
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#60 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to The General Board