ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,434

Re: Trade Discussion 22/23 

Post#5881 » by Maverick41 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:37 pm

Zeno wrote:Let's say Raps can get Dallas' 2023 as part of an OG package with the Knicks. Would you do Fred Van Vleet for Bertans, lifting protections on 2023 plus your 2025? Assuming of course you had a deal agreed to with FVV for his free agency.

I would do it. That's basically Bertans + 1 FRP for FVV which means DAL still would have assets to acquire another meaningful player later. I probably differ from some here but I think having a guy like FVV with Luka is good for his career long-term. Top 50-ish player when healthy, winning player, a real leader and fearless. I think his intangibles can be very helpful for Luka's development. Would be refreshing to have a great FT shooter to close games too.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#5882 » by Apz » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:09 pm

Zeno wrote:Let's say Raps can get Dallas' 2023 as part of an OG package with the Knicks. Would you do Fred Van Vleet for Bertans, lifting protections on 2023 plus your 2025? Assuming of course you had a deal agreed to with FVV for his free agency.

No, not paying a 1st for the "pleasure" to overpay FVV. Would be willing to lift the protections on the NY pick to top 3 tho
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#5883 » by Maverick41 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:32 pm

In regards to the DFS vs Green discussion: Imo Green is not a replacement for DFS, he is the replacement for Bullock and THJ. One thing that DFS has on Green is size. Green is listed at 6'6" but he looks very noticeably smaller then DFS.

If there are no roster changes, there needs to be a change to the SL to add some defense and not leave DFS out there by himself to defend everyone. Move either THJ or Dinwiddie to the bench and move Green to the SL.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#5884 » by Maverick41 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:36 pm

Apz wrote:No, not paying a 1st for the "pleasure" to overpay FVV. Would be willing to lift the protections on the NY pick to top 3 tho

There's zero chance TOR takes on Bertans money without any compensation. Lifting some of the NY pick protections barely does anything since DAL would almost certainly be a playoff team with FVV barring any major Luka injury.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#5885 » by Zeno » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:01 am

Maverick41 wrote:
Apz wrote:No, not paying a 1st for the "pleasure" to overpay FVV. Would be willing to lift the protections on the NY pick to top 3 tho

There's zero chance TOR takes on Bertans money without any compensation. Lifting some of the NY pick protections barely does anything since DAL would almost certainly be a playoff team with FVV barring any major Luka injury.

Yeah, I doubt our front office would even do the trade I purposed. FVV was an all-star last year and they are pretty attached to him it appears. They probably want resign him even to retain the asset and then maybe move on later. Bertans deal isn’t as bad as people think in that the year after next is only 5 million guaranteed. So he can be stretched over 5 years at just over 4 million per. Not great but not the worst contract in the world.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#5886 » by Apz » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:19 am

Zeno wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:

Yeah, I doubt our front office would even do the trade I purposed. FVV was an all-star last year and they are pretty attached to him it appears. They probably want resign him even to retain the asset and then maybe move on later. Bertans deal isn’t as bad as people think in that the year after next is only 5 million guaranteed. So he can be stretched over 5 years at just over 4 million per. Not great but not the worst contract in the world.

Many players been allstars. Dont want to touch guys like randles contract anyway. I consider fvv be worth 80/4, but he turned down 114/4. If u give up a first and removes your chance to land a real difference maker u pretty much signs up to pay fvv whatever he want or u threw everything in the sea for a rental. And im just not intrested in that
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#5887 » by Maverick41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:25 am

Apz wrote:Many players been allstars. Dont want to touch guys like randles contract anyway. I consider fvv be worth 80/4, but he turned down 114/4. If u give up a first and removes your chance to land a real difference maker u pretty much signs up to pay fvv whatever he want or u threw everything in the sea for a rental. And im just not intrested in that

That's fair. Imo 1 FRP does not completely remove you from landing difference makers but I already know I'm not convincing you otherwise.

For curiosity's sake, who would you spend DAL's FRPs on and is actually attainable? Note to please consider the fact that whoever that player is will likely have other suitors with much more assets. Not picking on you, genuinely interested what your answer is.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 670

Post#5888 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:05 am

I hope the Mavs don't trade for Bogdanovič...he's a good Player(i like him a lot),he Just doesn't fit their timeline..the Mavs aren't contenders and Bogdanovič won't change that... Mavs need to get Younger,take a chance on some Players whose value may be low now,like Bamba, D'Lo...sure I'd Love a van Vleet, Siakam , Turner bit Mavs Just don't have the assets to get them...rozier 's Nice ,but he's a small guard with 4year contract and size matters on Both ends of the floor
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#5889 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:20 am

Apz wrote:

No, not paying a 1st for the "pleasure" to overpay FVV. Would be willing to lift the protections on the NY pick to top 3 tho

You didn't want overpay (in your opinion of course) DDR or Markaneen and after this Mavs failure you are still stucked in your mindset :banghead:

We can't win with only role player paid cheap.
Dallas is not LA or Brooklyn, we have to overpaid for have talent. No superstars will ask to come here.
Nobody win with a "good" salary cap, you have to spend money. Look around the NBA.
I'm not a great fan of FVV but i prefer pay him 30+ per years than another DFS+Maxi combo at the same price.
Anyway Bertans+1FRP is too low for FVV.
Masai is smart for real, Cuban&Nico can't win against him. No way :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#5890 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:27 am

BliscoSantos wrote:I hope the Mavs don't trade for Bogdanovič...he's a good Player(i like him a lot),he Just doesn't fit their timeline..the Mavs aren't contenders and Bogdanovič won't change that... Mavs need to get Younger,take a chance on some Players whose value may be low now,like Bamba, D'Lo...sure I'd Love a van Vleet, Siakam , Turner bit Mavs Just don't have the assets to get them...rozier 's Nice ,but he's a small guard with 4year contract and size matters on Both ends of the floor

Agree.

Bogy was available for cheap last year, at 33yo i don't trade picks for him... Mostly because we are not 1 piece away from contending.

FVV and Turner should be a good and realistica combo to put around Luka.

Luka
FVV
Green
DFS
Turner

SD
Hardy
Bullock
Maxi
Powell

Make something better is very difficult in our situation and makes no moves next summer could be dangerous...
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#5891 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:26 am

Archx wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Spoiler:
Archx wrote:
Josh was already better than DFS 2 months ago, he also played much better defense than him. He's also better around the rim and with the ball. There is absolutely no argument that DFS should be starting over Green other than Kidd and his braindead logic.

This notion about DFS that he is somehow one of the most important Mavs defenders is long gone. He's being cooked on defense over and over again.

When DFS is ON the floor, Mavs DRTG is 2.9 worse and as a team they are +1.9 without him. That's even a bigger defensive drop than when Mavs have Luka ON the floor. :lol:

Green on the other hand, Mavs DRTG when he is ON the floor is +9 points better, that's a huuuuge difference. Green also has +7.8 ON/Off. One of the highest on this Mavs team along with Doncic (+8.7).

TS%

Green 71% 7.6 ppg in 21 minutes
DFS 54% 8.5 ppg in 32 minutes

Fully agree, I would just like to highlight that DFS DRTG obviously suffers from the fact that he usually is on the floor along with the opposing star wing player. With that being said, Luka is usually also on the floor at that time.

2 man lineup combination NETrtg

Luka/DFS -0.4 .......... Luka/Green +14 :o

Out of ALL 2 man lineup combinations with significant minutes (100+), Luka/Green are top.

That speaks a clear language, they also look much better together on court. DFS is just super onedimensional and it's not a great dimension.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#5892 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:56 am

Honestly, I'd do DFS/THJ/McGee for LeVert/Cedi/Wendler/Lopez and extend Wood, get salary relief and move on, next year use Bertans and Bullock contract for matching for a S&T for Poeltl/Turner and and a wing (Grant if POR doesn't want to sign).
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#5893 » by arkuo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:21 am

Toronto is in a tough spot. Not a lot of NBA players would like to live north of the border away from their "homies". So Toronto relies on getting talent via trades or the draft. But i don't think the Raptors have enough talent to break through the playoffs. Siakam and FVV will just have to accept that if they decide to stay there. And OG and Barnes will have their work cut out for them too. Similar to Dallas not being a free agent destination.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#5894 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:35 am

arkuo wrote:Toronto is in a tough spot. Not a lot of NBA players would like to live north of the border away from their "homies". So Toronto relies on getting talent via trades or the draft. But i don't think the Raptors have enough talent to break through the playoffs. Siakam and FVV will just have to accept that if they decide to stay there. And OG and Barnes will have their work cut out for them too. Similar to Dallas not being a free agent destination.

Yes but they have a real basketball genius in the FO... Not a clown and a puppet.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#5895 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:43 pm

Source said we are interested in trade a package with Hardy for D-Lo.
Not a big fan of him but we are desperate and we don't have time to wait for Hardy (Who probably has D-Lo like ceiling) so Hardy+Bertans+filler could works.
StoneIsland
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#5896 » by StoneIsland » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:41 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Source said we are interested in trade a package with Hardy for D-Lo.
Not a big fan of him but we are desperate and we don't have time to wait for Hardy (Who probably has D-Lo like ceiling) so Hardy+Bertans+filler could works.

Well, if we want to maintain Luka, we have to upgrade NOW and let’s be honest, D’Lo is an upgrade over Hardy. If your trade package idea could work, we should do it. On the other side, if we wait for Hardy to improve (which I think he will in 2 years), we would probably lose Luka in the meantime.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#5897 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:48 pm

StoneIsland wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Source said we are interested in trade a package with Hardy for D-Lo.

Well, if we want to maintain Luka, we have to upgrade NOW and let’s be honest, D’Lo is an upgrade over Hardy. If your trade package idea could work, we should do it. On the other side, if we wait for Hardy to improve (which I think he will in 2 years), we would probably lose Luka in the meantime.

Yes, that's my point... If he could take D-Lo without include FRP or starters i'm ok for it.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#5898 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:18 pm

The Wolves aren't taking back any of Bertans, Hardway, or Powell, so it would be virtually impossible for the Mavs to come up with $30M of filler. Basically, the Mavs would need to find a third team that could give Minnesota something they would actually want for DLO. I'd be surprised if Dallas could turn some combination of Bertans/Hardaway/Powell into a player that would be attractive to the Wolves.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#5899 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:28 pm

wolves_89 wrote:

The Wolves aren't taking back any of Bertans, Hardway, or Powell, so it would be virtually impossible for the Mavs to come up with $30M of filler. Basically, the Mavs would need to find a third team that could give Minnesota something they would actually want for DLO. I'd be surprised if Dallas could turn some combination of Bertans/Hardaway/Powell into a player that would be attractive to the Wolves.

Jaden Hardy is the rookie, not Tim Hardaway :lol:
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#5900 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:31 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

Jaden Hardy is the rookie, not Tim Hardaway :lol:

Hardy could be a minor incentive to a deal, but he doesn't have the value or the salary to be the basis for a DLO trade.

Return to Dallas Mavericks