ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #4

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

bravor
Starter
And1: 736

Re: Fake Trade Thread #4 

Post#1941 » by bravor » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:27 pm

I dont think it would be wise to get rid of Booknight while his value cannot be worst. It's not like he is a headcase in the locker room or super expensive, so..

Speaking of Plumlee, maybe a three (four?) teams trade could see Hornets trade Plumlee for G. Hill (he's on expiring, but who knows, he's the kinda mentor i would wish for Ball)
I was checking NO forwards, they have a logjam, maybe one of them could be a decent target (needless to say, Herb Jones would be my favorite..). Most likely they wont be able to afford to keep him anyway (he will be restricted next year). Something around mc Daniels + some 2nd (even though most NO fans would probably ask for 4 1st..).
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,154

Post#1942 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:52 pm

Bouknight hasn't even had his 4th year picked up yet. Hornets could decline it and say next year is his last under contract.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#1943 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:01 pm

bravor wrote:I dont think it would be wise to get rid of Booknight while his value cannot be worst. It's not like he is a headcase in the locker room or super expensive, so..

i would argue that Bouk is bad for a young lockerroom. his body language is awful. his offcourt issues are horrible examples. he's clearly not happy in his role. he wasnt happy with coach last year. its easy for rot, apathy to rub off on a tight group. with a void of strong vet leaders on this team, i would remove bouk if he cant be traded. he's a lost cause here. if he figures it out one day it will be in a different uniform.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#1944 » by wilson115 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:12 pm

Braggins wrote:I'd make the Denver 1st available as well. Maybe I'm overrating him though cuz I haven't seen him play much recently and I don't understand why Washington would be looking to trade him, but Washington's front office is as bad as Charlottes so who knows. I'm not even sure if hes actually on the block, its just something I saw a Washington fan saying.

McDaniels being an unrestricted free agent sucks pretty bad. If they aren't trying to bring back Miles and McDaniels just wants to play somewhere else they could end up really thin on the wing next season.

Someone who could help with at least two of this roster's weaknesses. If only.

At 20.3%, only the 7-foot-3 Porzingis has a better defensive rebounding percentage for the Wizards than Avdija. And, per Cleaning The Glass, Avdija is in the 98th percentile among wings in defensive rebounding percentage on field goal attempts. There are only two wings that rank higher: Jarrett Culver (who has only appeared in 10 games this season), and Josh Hart.

https://www.nba.com/wizards/news/deni-avdijas-undeniable-defensive-impact
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#1945 » by Braggins » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:51 am

I'm watching the Houston/Washington game tonight and Avdija has literally been their best player. Zinger is injured and Beal looks like hes going through the motions. I feel bad for Wizards fans if their front office is trying to get rid of him for some reason. Looks like late lottery level talent.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#1946 » by HornetJail » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:56 am

JMAC3 wrote:Bouknight hasn't even had his 4th year picked up yet. Hornets could decline it and say next year is his last under contract.

after his DUI, I honestly thought his 3rd year option was in jeopardy

I don't have any expectation of Year 4 being picked up unless he's a new guy both on and off the court.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#1947 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Hey all, Sixers fan here. How do you guys value McDaniels and/or Richards? It seems we’re trying to get underneath the tax and both of these guys are somewhat intriguing.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
bravor
Starter
And1: 736

Post#1948 » by bravor » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:22 pm

Welcome here.

I got a question (well, two) since you are there : first, what kind of extension Thybulle is supposed to have refused. 2nd, what kind of value has Petrusev for the 76rs ?

As for your original question, i am assuming Hornets would accet to move Mc D for a young prospect (playbale) or a late 1st. Richards, no clue, i doubt he's worth that much (he has more value as depth at center here unless he does not want to extend on a team friendly contract).
The rights on Petrusev could be interesting for the Hornets (not for his defense and toughness, but his profile would help here to do a fast rebuild).
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1949 » by JMAC3 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:04 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Hey all, Sixers fan here. How do you guys value McDaniels and/or Richards? It seems we’re trying to get underneath the tax and both of these guys are somewhat intriguing.

I would say if Charlotte doesn't trade them, likely both are back next year as good young bench pieces.
Big Board
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#1950 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:30 pm

Report linking us to Ayo today
Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#1951 » by JDR720 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:17 pm

Should've drafted him. His scouting report was basically perfect for a 2nd round pick.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#1952 » by JDR720 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:19 pm

Not sure I believe the rumor though. He's in the same contract situation as Jalen.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,168

Post#1953 » by SWedd523 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:31 pm

fatlever wrote:Report linking us to Ayo today
Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Can he shoot and does he attempt to play defense?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#1954 » by amcoolio » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:51 pm

PJ Washington for Killian Hayes

Hayes' defense has been very good and he's improved as a passer and shooter this year. I think he would be decent next to LaMelo as a buy low candidate, and we don't have to pay PJ and it gives McDaniels more minutes
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#1955 » by amcoolio » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:03 pm

I think replacing Terry with someone who can play defense very well and be able to guard guards would do wonders for this team, moreso than Terry's scoring would
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1956 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:20 pm

amcoolio wrote:PJ Washington for Killian Hayes

Hayes' defense has been very good and he's improved as a passer and shooter this year. I think he would be decent next to LaMelo as a buy low candidate, and we don't have to pay PJ and it gives McDaniels more minutes

He also ranks 132nd out of 132 players in efg% this season.
I will easily pass on that trade.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1957 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:20 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:PJ Washington for Killian Hayes

He also ranks 132nd out of 132 players in efg% this season.
I will easily pass on that trade.

You can just give DSJ minutes.
Big Board
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,521

Post#1958 » by Bassman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:18 pm

The price for Rui was pretty low. Watch him flourish with LA. I don’t know what his ceiling is but I think he’s as good as PJ. Would have liked to kick the tires on him this season in hopes of a good contract extension for both he and the team.

Mitch will sit on his do nothing hands while they all talk about their grand delusion of being a top 4 team when healthy. That statement (if actually made and I didn’t dream it) is the most ludicrous of many coming from this clown car of a franchise.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#1959 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:00 pm

bravor wrote:Welcome here.

I got a question (well, two) since you are there : first, what kind of extension Thybulle is supposed to have refused. 2nd, what kind of value has Petrusev for the 76rs ?

As for your original question, i am assuming Hornets would accet to move Mc D for a young prospect (playbale) or a late 1st. Richards, no clue, i doubt he's worth that much (he has more value as depth at center here unless he does not want to extend on a team friendly contract).
The rights on Petrusev could be interesting for the Hornets (not for his defense and toughness, but his profile would help here to do a fast rebuild).

I was thinking something along the lines of Korkmaz/Rights to Petrusev/CHA 2023 2nd/PHI 2027 2nd for McDaniels/Richards? Your pick will be a very early 2nd and the 2027 PHI 2nd could end up being valuable as well.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1960 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:25 pm

Bassman wrote:The price for Rui was pretty low. Watch him flourish with LA. I don’t know what his ceiling is but I think he’s as good as PJ. Would have liked to kick the tires on him this season in hopes of a good contract extension for both he and the team.

Mitch will sit on his do nothing hands while they all talk about their grand delusion of being a top 4 team when healthy. That statement (if actually made and I didn’t dream it) is the most ludicrous of many coming from this clown car of a franchise.

So trading for someone like PJ and trying to extend him is doing something, but keeping PJ and trying to extend him / match offers for him is doing nothing.

Not tracking the difference.

Return to Charlotte Hornets