ImageImage

Around the League - Play-In Week

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Re: Around the League - Hawks Sign Bogdanovic to 4 Year, $68 million extension 

Post#821 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:21 pm

Ayt wrote:What do the tiebreakers look like for the Bucks with Boston and Philly?

With Boston its whomever wins the game on March 30th. With Philly its a little more complicated. If Philly wins the game on April 2nd they would have the tiebreaker. If the Bucks win, it probably wouldn't matter because its hard to see Philly catching the Bucks if they lose that game (if the Bucks went 8-3 otherwise, Philly would have to go undefeated otherwise). But if they did lose that game and still finished tied it would next go to conference record which is currently tied. The next tiebreaker is winning percentage against playoff teams. The play-in is considered separate from the playoffs so in theory if it gets to this tiebreaker we may not know who has the 1-seed for multiple days.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#822 » by Ayt » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:35 pm

Thanks fellas.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 346

Post#823 » by Mtsportsfan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:36 pm

rilamann wrote:
th87 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:I think they're a much bigger threat in the second round vs conference finals. Don't like Embiid's chances at keeping up with Giannis head to head with a month or whatever of playoffs in his legs.

While we're better than both, I'm not certain if we're better than both + refs.

That's one of the things that sucks, the Buck's two greatest threats preventing them from possibly winning a championship this season, just so happen to be two of the NBA's Chosen teams that get all the calls.

Like if you took the Sixer's entire current roster and put it on the Pacers and you took the Celtic's entire current roster and put it on a team team like the Hornets, I would feel considerably better about our chances. Gotta love the NBA.

I agree with you, I think the Bucks can overcome the officiating against one of them, but not both. That's another reason why the #1 seed is huge for us. Not only do you only have to beat one of them if you get the #1 seed, when you do play one of them, you'll have the HCA and the officials won't screw the Bucks quite as bad in Milwaukee as they will in Philly or Boston.

Although when I say that, I think back to game 4 vs the Sixers in Milwaukee back in 2001 with the Bucks leading the series 2-1. One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. I am sure you remember it, the Bucks were called for touch fouls all game while the Sixers were allowed to play.

Then sarcastically, the officials called a touch foul on the Sixers with about 20 seconds left and the Sixers up by like 10. Trolling the Bucks. I Remember the crowd went nuts, I was surprised stuff wasn't thrown on to the court.

I also remember David Stern congratulating Mutombo with an absolute look of relief on his face as Mutombo walked to the locker room.

That's when I knew the association was rigged ! When you look back its not necessarily that amount of calls but when and who they were on. Remember being so disgusted with the whole series .we would have beaten the Lakers !!
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#824 » by Daver » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:51 pm

rilamann wrote:Huge break for us that the Celtics lost, obviously. They play the kings in Sac town next game, if the Celtics lose that one they will be in real trouble for the #1 seed. Not out of it, but they'll become the long shot out of the big 3. Provided the Bucks don't **** the bed again like they did Thursday.

As well as the Sixers are playing, they do have a tough stretch coming up. They have a home and home with the Bulls before their west coast trip. Bulls are actually playing pretty good, I wouldn't bet money on the Bulls winning one, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls maybe get the one in Chicago.

Sixers next 9.

vs Bulls
@Bulls
@Warriors
@Suns B2B
@Nuggets
vs Mavs
vs Raptors
@Bucks
vs Celtics

Even if the Sixers even go 6-3 in that stretch, which would be optimistic from the Sixer's point of view, although not impossible with how well they are playing. The Bucks will be in great shape if they win the games they should win and then win at home vs Boston and Philly.

I feel like at this point, whoever earns the #1 seed will be the team who deserves it. With the Bucks/Sixers/Celtics all playing each other down the stretch, it's alsmot like all 3 teams kind of control their own destiny, just matter of who comes out on top in those head to head match ups and who takes the most care of business in their other games.

Man the wouldof could of should of if the Bucks didn't piss away the game vs the sixers n dubs n pacers even losing just 1 of those games they would have some house money to play with in terms of a punt game
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#825 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:12 pm

Daver wrote:
rilamann wrote:Huge break for us that the Celtics lost, obviously. They play the kings in Sac town next game, if the Celtics lose that one they will be in real trouble for the #1 seed. Not out of it, but they'll become the long shot out of the big 3. Provided the Bucks don't **** the bed again like they did Thursday.

As well as the Sixers are playing, they do have a tough stretch coming up. They have a home and home with the Bulls before their west coast trip. Bulls are actually playing pretty good, I wouldn't bet money on the Bulls winning one, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls maybe get the one in Chicago.

Sixers next 9.

vs Bulls
@Bulls
@Warriors
@Suns B2B
@Nuggets
vs Mavs
vs Raptors
@Bucks
vs Celtics

Even if the Sixers even go 6-3 in that stretch, which would be optimistic from the Sixer's point of view, although not impossible with how well they are playing. The Bucks will be in great shape if they win the games they should win and then win at home vs Boston and Philly.

I feel like at this point, whoever earns the #1 seed will be the team who deserves it. With the Bucks/Sixers/Celtics all playing each other down the stretch, it's alsmot like all 3 teams kind of control their own destiny, just matter of who comes out on top in those head to head match ups and who takes the most care of business in their other games.

Man the wouldof could of should of if the Bucks didn't piss away the game vs the sixers n dubs n pacers even losing just 1 of those games they would have some house money to play with in terms of a punt game

Celtics "pissed away" a 28 point lead to the Nets 2 weeks ago and a 19 point lead last night.

You always talk as if it only happens to the Bucks. It doesn't.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#826 » by sidney lanier » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Bias? Rigged? I don't know what you're talking about. Take this unbiased headline on nba.com from Wednesday. They're basketball experts who know a rout when they see one.

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#827 » by jschligs » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Daver wrote:

Sixers next 9.

vs Bulls
@Bulls
@Warriors
@Suns B2B
@Nuggets
vs Mavs
vs Raptors
@Bucks
vs Celtics

Celtics "pissed away" a 28 point lead to the Nets 2 weeks ago and a 19 point lead last night.

You always talk as if it only happens to the Bucks. It doesn't.

It's actually relatively normal for teams to blow huge leads in the first 3 quarters. I could go through and find 4-5 games for every team in the NBA that did it. It's a game of runs and putting a run together in the 2nd quarter helps, but doesn't mean it's a lock win. I had Celtics -4.5 last night, thought it looked good. Then they lost.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#828 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:22 pm

Nowadays the 3pt shot is an equalizer.

And average team can stay close and get hot in the 4th from 3 and beat a better opponent.

Maybe not in a 7 game series but in a random game of 82 for sure.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#829 » by Plossum » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:07 pm

Hawks really traded three first rounders and a swap for this...
#LockUpChuck
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#830 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:49 am

Klay just can’t help himself can he? They get wrecked by Memphis and he’s shouting at their bench that he has four rings. After the game he says he doesn’t care about Dillon Brooks, then won’t stop talking about him.

Brooks is a total douche but he was basically born to get into the head of guys like Klay. Almost seems worse than PatBev.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#831 » by Plossum » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:41 am

Yeah I don't get the insecurity from the Warriors about Brooks.
#LockUpChuck
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#832 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:26 am

You'd think they'd be used to Brooks's antics from having to deal with Draymond.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#833 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:19 pm

Continuing to look like some real 4D chess from our buddy Serge in forcing his way off a title contender. He can't even get a look from a team needing a big guy.

Read on Twitter
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#834 » by raferfenix » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:56 pm

Yeah Serge’s strategy looks to be as on point as Thon’s.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#835 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Bulls have won 2 in a row but I think they get blown out tonight by a Philly team playing very well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,644

Post#836 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Bulls have won 2 in a row but I think they get blown out tonight by a Philly team playing very well.

Go Whores
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#837 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:51 pm

I think realistic best case scenario for the Bulls is a split of this home-and-home with Philly and tonight is definitely not the more likely of the two to produce the win
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,491

Post#838 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:12 pm

If Philly can go 1-1 vs Chicago, Boston loses to Sacramento, and we beat the Spurs we should be in a really good spot.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,013

Post#839 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:33 pm

So it is still an open question whether Pop comes back next year? He's 73 and team sucked and will probably suck next year but you don't really hear much either way.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#840 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:59 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:So it is still an open question whether Pop comes back next year? He's 73 and team sucked and will probably suck next year but you don't really hear much either way.

Maybe he’s just sticking around long enough to see the rebuild gets started correctly and they have a successor ready? Maybe it depends on if they land Wemby?

Really hard to imagine he’s in it for a long-haul rebuild but I *guess* it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks