ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Discussion Thread - New and Improved!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Re: Jaylen Brown Discussion Thread - New and Improved! 

Post#1581 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:45 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:The Celtics don’t trade Jaylen unless he tells them he’s leaving and he won’t with the extra money we can provide. The Celtics have also lost horford, hayward and kyrie for nothing. Now I’m the first to understand the why and reasoning to how we lost those guys and they are nuanced circumstances that I don’t blame Boston really for.

But just saying “well they didn’t trade him this summer” means he’s staying doesn’t really care the weight. I also don’t think you can discount the hawks because they are “dumpster fire”…..they are his hometown team and it’s a great place for multimillionaire athlete to play and wayyyyyyyyyy more diverse than Boston.

I also don’t think he’s just a goner at all….but I’d say it’s a greater chance than 5% and especially greater if he doesn’t make all nba and he feels it’s because he’s not a number 1

My initial thought when we offered him for KD was that he was gone in 2 years, to be fair. And I'll be the first to say that if JB is traded this summer or leaves for nothing, then we blew it not trading him for KD when we had the chance.

I'm not 100% discounting the Hawks at all, but from a basketball sense it doesn't make any sense at all for him. I get the difference in cities, but the team is already dealing with figuring out their roster and there are rumors that Trae will ask out. It's not a stable situation at all. Murray is a year from free agency too. And, like I said, he's openly stated that he'd prefer to play for a black coach, and Quin Snyder is not that. Also, despite the comments on the fans, I don't think he dislikes Boston at all, he's done a lot of community work here and is partnered with MIT I think.

I think he wouldn't tell them he wants out either too because if he doesn't make All-NBA this year, he can next year and will probably try again for that. So the Celtics FO will have to weigh their chance that 1. he gets All-NBA this year or next and 2. his chance of staying if he doesn't.

There is a fairly major difference in the calculus if he makes All-NBA this year or not. It becomes a very high stakes gamble if he does not, IMO.

The one argument that you could possibly make for him re-signing is the idea that a player may take the most money possible regardless and then ask out later if he wants because players do that. I could kinda understand that argument the way players are dictating where they play these days. The problem with that scenario is that JB has less control over where he goes and given the new TV contract and CBA money coming soon, getting a deal for only 4 years means he gets back to free agency sooner with a chance to cash back in BIG one more time. I dunno. All things considered, there are just too many variables for my blood.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1582 » by sam_I_am » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:56 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
It still doesn’t justify the argument that Jaylen is more deserving of all nba because the teams mvp has sucked lately…that’s silly logic

I’m not the one who claimed it was easy for Brown to put up numbers because of Tatum. I love Tatum but he isn’t consistently great yet. He has more variability day to day than other MVP contended like Giannis, Embiid and Jokic. Brown just does what he does and doesn’t depend on Tatum to do it. It may not be top 10 first team all-NBA good…..but it’s consistent …. and in my opinion top 15 good.

The argument likely was that his life on the basketball court is easier with Tatum being in the court- which Tatum still is on the court even games when he’s playing poorly. So again, how does Tatum playing poorly increase Jaylens chances at all nba particularly as you mentioned post all star break when the team lost its 1 seed?

This isn’t a question of if Jaylen is good or not- you said Tatum playing poorly increases Jaylens all nba odds….can you elaborate on that at all or you admit it’s silly ?

That is a very wacky and twisted interpretation of what I said….what a surprise. JB has played very well since all star break despite Tatum’s slump. I never said Tatum playing poorly increased his chances. Brown’s own play has increased his chances.

When you last mocked me for saying Brown going to be all NBA he was 13th leading scorer in NBA and Tatum was 3rd. Now Tatum is 6th and Brown is 11th.

As a Celtics fan, I don’t want Brown to leave for nothing and I don’t want them to feel forced to trade him below his true value due to fear of him leaving. Him getting all NBA is a win for Celtics and we fans. Even if though you hate him you must be able to see that.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1583 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:31 am

sam_I_am wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
I’m not the one who claimed it was easy for Brown to put up numbers because of Tatum. I love Tatum but he isn’t consistently great yet. He has more variability day to day than other MVP contended like Giannis, Embiid and Jokic. Brown just does what he does and doesn’t depend on Tatum to do it. It may not be top 10 first team all-NBA good…..but it’s consistent …. and in my opinion top 15 good.

The argument likely was that his life on the basketball court is easier with Tatum being in the court- which Tatum still is on the court even games when he’s playing poorly. So again, how does Tatum playing poorly increase Jaylens chances at all nba particularly as you mentioned post all star break when the team lost its 1 seed?

This isn’t a question of if Jaylen is good or not- you said Tatum playing poorly increases Jaylens all nba odds….can you elaborate on that at all or you admit it’s silly ?

That is a very wacky and twisted interpretation of what I said….what a surprise. JB has played very well since all star break despite Tatum’s slump. I never said Tatum playing poorly increased his chances. Brown’s own play has increased his chances.

When you last mocked me for saying Brown going to be all NBA he was 13th leading scorer in NBA and Tatum was 3rd. Now Tatum is 6th and Brown is 11th.

As a Celtics fan, I don’t want Brown to leave for nothing and I don’t want them to feel forced to trade him below his true value due to fear of him leaving. Him getting all NBA is a win for Celtics and we fans. Even if though you hate him you must be able to see that.

“He deserves all nba even more since the all star break and Since Tatum is no longer playing like an mvp candidate ”…..how does Tatum’s poor play make brown more deserving of all nba? The team lost its top seed, has something like a 7-5 record and been in an overall general malaise. That increases his odds? and again in games where Tatum plays poorly he’s still on the floor and the number 1 focal point of the other team every night.

Of course him getting all nba is the most preferable path for Celtics fans. Stop with the hyperbole…no one hates him and especially not me. Who cares where a player ranks in scoring - btw if Jaylen is considered a guard he’s battling for the final spot because there’s 5 locks so it’s still very unlikely he’s all nba unfortunately for us
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,921

Post#1584 » by Dangit » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:33 am

Bohemian wrote:
Dangit wrote:We need to move on ... I said it in the past I'm not an insider or anything but I do know for sure Jaylen was a big reason a certain player left ... he doesn't want to be here and I hope Brad can make something work.

You are not an insider but you know for sure? Sounds like intuition to me...

I think the problem with Brown 's comments is the timing. Otherwise, there are racist fans everywhere...people just suck in general. That's a fact, unfortunately.

People here are overreacting to someone's experience instead of being aware of the problem of racism worldwide

I know for sure ...
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
sam_I_am
RealGM

Post#1585 » by sam_I_am » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:49 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

“He deserves all nba even more since the all star break and Since Tatum is no longer playing like an mvp candidate ”…..how does Tatum’s poor play make brown more deserving of all nba? The team lost its top seed, has something like a 7-5 record and been in an overall general malaise. That increases his odds? and again in games where Tatum plays poorly he’s still on the floor and the number 1 focal point of the other team every night.

Of course him getting all nba is the most preferable path for Celtics fans. Stop with the hyperbole…no one hates him and especially not me. Who cares where a player ranks in scoring - btw if Jaylen is considered a guard he’s battling for the final spot because there’s 5 locks so it’s still very unlikely he’s all nba unfortunately for us

He averaged 26 ppg before the break. Tatum has been very inconsistent game to game since all star game and Brown has stepped up and averaged 28 ppg since the break. That is why he deserves it even more.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1586 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:58 am

sam_I_am wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

He averaged 26 ppg before the break. I said he was all NBA. He has averaged 28 ppg since the break. That is why he deserves it even more. Tatum has played badly so that only diminishes the idea that others have promoted, and that you have never argued against, that Brown only looks good because of Tatum.

Ahhh it’s the 2 extra ppg lol……again with the hyperbole but at least your consistent- Tatum makes browns job much easier. That’s a fact. No one has ever said that’s the ONLY reason brown looks good. You can say he’s all nba all day and night but it’s still more unlikely than likely and far from a lock. I hope he does make it.

But if you think the team playing pretty lackluster post all star break and losing the 1 seed while Tatum has struggled somehow makes browns case better have at it. Lol
sam_I_am
RealGM

Post#1587 » by sam_I_am » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:00 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

He averaged 26 ppg before the break. I said he was all NBA. He has averaged 28 ppg since the break. That is why he deserves it even more. Tatum has played badly so that only diminishes the idea that others have promoted, and that you have never argued against, that Brown only looks good because of Tatum.

Ahhh it’s the 2 extra ppg lol……again with the hyperbole but at least your consistent- Tatum makes browns job much easier. That’s a fact. No one has ever said that’s the ONLY reason brown looks good. You can say he’s all nba all day and night but it’s still more unlikely than likely and far from a lock. I hope he does make it.

But if you think the team playing pretty lackluster post all star break and losing the 1 seed while Tatum has struggled somehow makes browns case better have at it. Lol

The team has been lackluster since the break because of Tatum inconsistent play, that is obvious. Sure, Tatum makes life easier for Brown, but he actually has little impact on Brown’s individual play. Brown could go anywhere and be the 28/6/4 guy he is in Boston and that is why he has tremendous value.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1588 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 am

BK_2020 wrote:The only thing worse than Jaylen walking for nothing is having Jaylen on a supermax.

And that is the root of it, isn't it?

Crazy to think that we might have to trade this dude, but he's a major flight risk on a non-supermax, and paying the supermax would suck.

In conclusion, DURANT WAS THE MOVE.
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,781

Post#1589 » by flintsky21 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:45 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:The only thing worse than Jaylen walking for nothing is having Jaylen on a supermax.

Crazy to think that we might have to trade this dude, but he's a major flight risk on a non-supermax, and paying the supreme would suck.

There was no indication that Durant wanted to come here.

But yeah, anything less than another trip to the Finals, the best move to do in the summer is move Jaylen for basically anything you can get for him. Fortunately, there's gonna be a handful of teams that would be willing to pay for a 27-year-old top 25-ish All-Star.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#1590 » by Floody100 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:01 am

flintsky21 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Crazy to think that we might have to trade this dude, but he's a major flight risk on a non-supermax, and paying the supreme would suck.

But yeah, anything less than another trip to the Finals, the best move to do in the summer is move Jaylen for basically anything you can get for him. Fortunately, there's gonna be a handful of teams that would be willing to pay for a 27-year-old top 25-ish All-Star.

Not when theirs a big chance he’d be a one year rental.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1591 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:15 am

Floody100 wrote:
flintsky21 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Not when theirs a big chance he’d be a one year rental.

The Jaylen situation is not shaping up well. Overall, I think the trend in the league is that you have to go all-in, as the up and down cycles can be fleeting. You might only get a 2-year window even if you do nail your build plan. We kinda went all-in by adding Brogdon and White, but also half-stepped at the trade deadline.

Maybe it just comes down to us vs the Bucks, but I'm less confident about that than I was in December. Next year and beyond? Take a breath.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,626

Post#1592 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:07 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:

Who will have contributed more to winning this regular season in your opinion -- Brown + White, or Durant?

Do you think the answer would have changed if they were on other teams?

What's your expectation, same questions, for the postseason?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#1593 » by chrisab123 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:19 am

I'd give the guy what he wants and call Miami up. See if they would give Bam Herro and picks up for Jaylen. Atlanta has Trey Young, see if they're willing to move him for Jaylen.

Overall its not a good sign for him being here long term.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1594 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm

He’s entering the last year of his deal….very unlikely you’re getting a superstar back anymore. Your looking at role players and picks. That said I do think it’s premature already punching his ticket out as if he’s a goner but I do agree with cave and buckners and others that it’s a huge risk now.

As much as it’s an overpay I’d rather just have him make all nba
Stan34
Senior
And1: 435

Post#1595 » by Stan34 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:50 pm

It's good reading the real gm "hating jaylen" setta (10/15 posters) being happy.
With this interview Jaylen gave them the possibility to distract the forum from horrible games JT is playing.

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1596 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Stan34 wrote:It's good reading the real gm "hating jaylen" setta (10/15 posters) being happy.
With this interview Jaylen gave them the possibility to distract the forum from horrible games JT is playing.

Oh look, Stan7 bringing up Tatum unprompted, once again. Shameful.

Stan34
Senior

Post#1597 » by Stan34 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:56 pm

Feed Your Head wrote:
Stan34 wrote:It's good reading the real gm "hating jaylen" setta (10/15 posters) being happy.

This time I did it on purpose cause you and other of your setta deserve it

Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#1598 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:59 pm

Stan34 wrote:
Feed Your Head wrote:

This time I did it on purpose cause you and other of your setta diserved it

Oh sure thing pal, you must have done it on purpose all those other times too.
Stan34
Senior

Post#1599 » by Stan34 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:19 pm

Feed Your Head wrote:
Stan34 wrote:
Feed Your Head wrote:

This time I did it on purpose cause you and other of your setta diserved it

No I didn't cause I always said JT is our best player and I'm happy with him. And I would never trade him for anybody in the league. Anybody.

Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#1600 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:57 pm

Stan34 wrote:
Feed Your Head wrote:
Stan34 wrote:This time I did it on purpose cause you and other of your setta diserved it

No I didn't cause I always said JT is our best player and I'm happy with him. And I would never trade him for anybody in the league. Anybody.

You’re the most one note poster on this board. You contribute nothing other than endlessly defending Jaylen.

A Facebook global moderator should certainly be able to bring more to the table.

Return to Boston Celtics