ImageImage

Rockets vs. Celtics

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#341 » by Teckon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:17 am

Teckon wrote:Actually the period when Rockets were doing well is when Brooks is playing instead of Head. they had a 13-2 run.
jackeyok
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#342 » by jackeyok » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:19 am

look at the mins yao played,42mins! 2 center FOUL OUT! How suck was Yao?if not the bs call ,they would foul out earlyer.

come on,they played rockets without T-mac at home only won 4 points final minute.I can say only dieheart rockets fans could win money at this game like me.

GO ROX!
compucomp
Banned User

Post#343 » by compucomp » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:22 am

Game came down to Yao vs. KG. I think we all know who won that matchup today. Yao had the chance to deliver the game... didn't get it done. No excuse for that. Just another chapter in this lost season for Yao. I've given up waiting to see him play better this season, just have to hope for him to get back to last year's form next year.

But KG's jumpers were on pick and rolls... where was the rotation? Yao was guarding the guy driving to the basket, the guy on the other side should rotate. Poor defensive composure at the end.

Bonzi was great. Scola supplied energy. Alston magically has figured out how to penetrate to the basket and finish.

Dwight Howard and the Magic up next... can Yao defeat Howard this time?
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#344 » by Teckon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:23 am

Another good thing, since the 1st quarter, Rockets had won the next 3 quarter. If only they didnot do so badly in the 1st quarter.
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#345 » by CuttingEdge » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:24 am

Bonzi was the superstar this entire game. He got the #s but was all for himself and covering up with putbacks then creating for others like Mac would've done.
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#346 » by Teckon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:33 am

Just analyzed the box score (after watching the game), Yao and Rafer played most minutes and their +/- are -2 and -3 respectively. On the other hand, the Battier and Head played 35 min and 27 min (3rd and 5th highest in minute played), their +/- are -8 and -9 respectively. Further evidence on who is weak link in tonight's game. Brooks should play more minutes.
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#347 » by nyk_buc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:33 am

compucomp wrote:Game came down to Yao vs. KG. I think we all know who won that matchup today. Yao had the chance to deliver the game... didn't get it done. No excuse for that. Just another chapter in this lost season for Yao. I've given up waiting to see him play better this season, just have to hope for him to get back to last year's form next year.

But KG's jumpers were on pick and rolls... where was the rotation? Yao was guarding the guy driving to the basket, the guy on the other side should rotate. Poor defensive composure at the end.

Bonzi was great. Scola supplied energy. Alston magically has figured out how to penetrate to the basket and finish.

tell me a lost season to u is 21 and 11? u must expect yao to be shaq-like.
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#348 » by nyk_buc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:34 am

CuttingEdge wrote:Bonzi was the superstar this entire game. He got the #s but was all for himself and covering up with putbacks then creating for others like Mac would've done.

that's why start his arse instead of battier. his defense is vastly overrated. bonzi and tmac can D up pretty good.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#349 » by Baller 24 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:36 am

When Tmac gets back I want Bonzi starting at SF. At least the guy can attack, and **** the defense Hayes bring, just start Scola.
Alston-Wells-Tmac-Scola-Yao
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#350 » by nyk_buc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 am

nsballer07 wrote:When Tmac gets back I want Bonzi starting at SF. At least the guy can attack, and **** the defense Hayes bring, just start Scola.
Alston-Wells-Tmac-Scola-Yao

mac may not pass enough to scola, but he passes quite a lot to bonzi. and bonzi plays well with yao. put him IN.

with battier in the 2nd unit, we can feature brooks and scola.
compucomp
Banned User

Post#351 » by compucomp » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:58 am

nyk_buc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

tell me a lost season to u is 21 and 11? u must expect yao to be shaq-like.

I expect Yao to at least duplicate his production from last year. It was even an injury year. This year he has gotten significantly worse. He is playing more minutes, but he is producing less in more minutes.

I had hope when Yao came back in the fourth that he would deliver the game. I should have known that for whatever reason it just isn't going to happen for him this year. After 31 games I have come to the conclusion that this trash is what we are going to see from him this year. It's a lost year for him and a very down season. I believe it's Adelman's fault, but that doesn't change the fact that Yao is a huge underachiever this year. I don't see him coming out of it.

There's always next year. Maybe he'll get back to where he was.
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#352 » by BaYBaller » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

I don't really care about Yao stats since it is clear to me that the Rockets as a team are getting better at playing with T-Mac out. Yao did have a sub-par game but he was attracting defenses so that people were able to drive down the gut of the defense.

But I don't understand why they kept going in to him when it was clearly not working. He was not in good scoring position nor were there any plays to get him into position. It was more of the toss it down low to Yao and watch him. The guards should've stayed aggressive and penetrated as the C's were in the penalty very early in the 4 qtr.
jackeyok
Ballboy

Post#353 » by jackeyok » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:12 am

compucomp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I expect Yao to at least duplicate his production from last year. It was even an injury year. This year he has gotten significantly worse. He is playing more minutes, but he is producing less in more minutes.

I had hope when Yao came back in the fourth that he would deliver the game. I should have known that for whatever reason it just isn't going to happen for him this year. After 31 games I have come to the conclusion that this trash is what we are going to see from him this year. It's a lost year for him and a very down season. I believe it's Adelman's fault, but that doesn't change the fact that Yao is a huge underachiever this year. I don't see him coming out of it.

There's always next year. Maybe he'll get back to where he was.

Yao's numbers won't go up that much after T-mac.But I think he will be more efficient than right now.We still have time .and this team still mix the line up.without T-mac,we still have 9men rotation.that's deep.Once T-mc come back,we're fine.
compucomp
Banned User

Post#354 » by compucomp » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:14 am

BaYBaller wrote:But I don't understand why they kept going in to him when it was clearly not working. He was not in good scoring position nor were there any plays to get him into position. It was more of the toss it down low to Yao and watch him. The guards should've stayed aggressive and penetrated as the C's were in the penalty very early in the 4 qtr.

The Rockets went to Yao in the 4th because you ride your star players to victory. This is the same reason McGrady gets isolation plays at the end of close games even if his shot is off, and at least Yao had played his way back into the game with a great third quarter. But Yao didn't get it done. There is no excuse for that.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#355 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:22 am

imo i think Wells plays better coming off the bench without Yao taking the ball away from him
awhite
Sophomore

Post#356 » by awhite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:28 am

Yao's jumper has been shaky all season, and it's been nonexistent since he sprained his right thumb. It's unfortunate that his offense isn't flowing, because I actually think he's really elevated the rest of his game.

Can anyone recall a single Yao layup off the glass since he called the team soft a while ago? I can't. He's been dunking it with authority whenever he's in position to do so. He's also moving in for offensive rebounds more, playing more minutes, clogging the paint, passing well, etc. A lot of his recent turnovers have been ridiculous offensive foul calls or (not-so-ridiculous) 3 second calls rather than bad passes out of the double team.

It's fair to blame a loss like this on Yao -- he's the star, and he couldn't hit a shot outside of 3 feet all game. But this talk about him being terrible this season or soft or reliant on Tracy for offense (does no one remember the numbers he put up in previous seasons when Tracy was out?) is ridiculous.
compucomp
Banned User

Post#357 » by compucomp » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

awhite wrote:It's fair to blame a loss like this on Yao -- he's the star, and he couldn't hit a shot outside of 3 feet all game. But this talk about him being terrible this season or soft or reliant on Tracy for offense (does no one remember the numbers he put up in previous seasons when Tracy was out?) is ridiculous.

Of course I remember how Yao produced when McGrady was out last year and two years ago. He positively looked like a beast. He was throwing up 30 points like it was nothing. He was a strong MVP candidate. Then the knee injury happened.

This is why I am so bitterly disappointed with him that he has not been able to recapture that form. He is producing less in more minutes. His FG% is at a career worst, and his PER is lower than any season except his rookie season. I blame Adelman, but I won't deny it's just a horrible, horrible season for him. I call it lost because I don't think he'll recover this year.

As in any sport, there's always next year, maybe Yao will find his dominance back and play better next November.
fnasser
Junior

Post#358 » by fnasser » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:51 am

compucomp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Of course I remember how Yao produced when McGrady was out last year and two years ago. He positively looked like a beast. He was throwing up 30 points like it was nothing. He was a strong MVP candidate. Then the knee injury happened.

This is why I am so bitterly disappointed with him that he has not been able to recapture that form. He is producing less in more minutes. His FG% is at a career worst, and his PER is lower than any season except his rookie season. I blame Adelman, but I won't deny it's just a horrible, horrible season for him. I call it lost because I don't think he'll recover this year.

As in any sport, there's always next year, maybe Yao will find his dominance back and play better next November.

that is ridiculous. Yao is not having a horrible season at all . u have no idea what youre talkin about. go through his stats. his points are down, thats simply becuase were beginning to play with more options like bonzi and scola and head .
yes i know his minutes are up but since his turnover and pf per game hasnt increased then that is a good sign. the only stat down is pts and fg%, all the others are up escpecially rebounds and assists. dont go basing this a bad season based on a PER and a fg%
bgismh
Freshman

Post#359 » by bgismh » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:03 am

compucomp wrote:Game came down to Yao vs. KG. I think we all know who won that matchup today. Yao had the chance to deliver the game... didn't get it done. No excuse for that. Just another chapter in this lost season for Yao. I've given up waiting to see him play better this season, just have to hope for him to get back to last year's form next year.

It does'nt help that Yao played 7 more minutes than KG (42 minutes vs 35) and was hacked all night by a couple of guys that fouled out against him. Makes it tough to play well at the end of the game. He did shoot better after starting off 2-10 from the field in the first 15-16 minutes or so of the game.

The poor first quarter is what really sucked about this game. Poor shooting and defense spotted the Celtics a big lead. The Rockets actually won the other 3 quarters so it would have nice to see what would have happened if they had kept it close in the 1st.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#360 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:09 am

Yao's playing time is up but he's not as effective as last year

Return to Houston Rockets