ImageImage

Knicks @ Rockets Game Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Htown_Koopa
Junior
And1: 0

Post#101 » by Htown_Koopa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:41 am

lol at Worell sounding like he is having an orgasm everytime Brooks does something
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#102 » by TiMacMania » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:41 am

Aaron Brooks is the Steal of the Draft
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#103 » by etopn23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:42 am

TiMacMania wrote:Aaron Brooks is the Steal of the Draft
+1
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#104 » by Teckon » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:42 am

Brooks is going to be a key factor. he is especially good to use against those small quick guard which use to give Rockets problem.
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#105 » by etopn23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:43 am

Teckon wrote:Didnot realise Yao already has 30pts... can't even remember when Yao has his last 30pts. :)
Nov 28th - but he's had like 28 and 29 point games since then.
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#106 » by TiMacMania » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:47 am

AARRROOOOOOON **** BROOOKSSS

WOWWWWWWWWWW

to think this season was almost over to seeing that kid play

AMAZING
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by Teckon » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:48 am

Icing on the cake. Brooks is having a career night. 22pts on 8-10 shooting. Play him more! Like to see Adelman playing Brooks in majority of 4th.
Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

Post#108 » by Crackfool » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:49 am

Hmmm. . . this feels like Luther Head in 2006 all over again. We picked a combo guard late in the draft. The pick gets bashed. No one expects the rookie to get playing time, but in a injury-plagued season the rookie gets to play and does rather well.
McTracy
Rookie

Post#109 » by McTracy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:49 am

I really don't like the moments when we gave up, hope it won't happen again but we won and that's the key. Good game for Rockets, the defense should be a little tougher in the 2nd half but ok.

the answer is AARON BROOKS. Damn this guy is quick as hell, he can beat anybody off the dribble + he's a great shooter, good range

Now we only need Tracy McGrady :)
IT'S TIME
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#110 » by BaYBaller » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:50 am

I was always high on Brooks before we even drafted him, but realize his weakness will be his defense vs certain match-ups and luckily for him Marbury has fallen off.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#111 » by Baller 24 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:51 am

Great win guys, we need to keep this going, I think our streak is offically starting, this is the time to take control. Aaron Brooks and Rafer Alston had big games, and they have played great, Yao also a great game. We need to continue this kind of play, and we will be alright until Tmac comes back.

BTW.....#0 Gilbert who? The real agent 0 is AARON BROOKS!
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by Teckon » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:52 am

I see much higher potential for Brooks then Head. Brooks can be a really good PG while Head is still more of a SG then a PG.
McTracy
Rookie

Post#113 » by McTracy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:52 am

I forgot to write that.

I don't like 24 3-pt attempts also.

And I hate Battier... :/
IT'S TIME
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#114 » by Shabi__5 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:52 am

We got the job done , good work.
Wizards are much better than NY so we better come ready.
Come on lets beat the Wizards and then we play against the 2 worst teams in the leauge , we have a chance of going 3 games over .500
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#115 » by TMACFORMVP » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:53 am

Aaron Brooks was fantastic, 22 points on 8-10 shooting and made some huge baskets. Yao finally had a 30 point game, from I don't even remember, and others chipped in nicely.

I was disappointed Scola only played 14 minutes, especially when he was really playing well in that first half.

Kind of lucky in a way too, our defense was pretty bad second quarter onwards, they got essentially whatever they wanted. They really need an enforcer in the paint and a legit PG. Too talented to be where they are.

Good win, need to keep this going.
Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

Post#116 » by Crackfool » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:53 am

Just to be sure, since we are doing not-too-badly with T-Mac out, no one is scared that his return might mess up the chemistry this team just developed, right?
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#117 » by jzmagik » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:56 am

Crackfool wrote:Just to be sure, since we are doing not-too-badly with T-Mac out, no one is scared that his return might mess up the chemistry this team just developed, right?

I'm terrified actually
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by Teckon » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:57 am

This extensive run has showed Tmac that the team can play. Tmac should be happy to just go with the flow and trust the rest of the team. The 1st few games with Tmac back will be critical. If they continue to play like this offense in the 1st couple of game when Tmac is back and win, everyone will be comfortable.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#119 » by TMACFORMVP » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:57 am

Crackfool wrote:Just to be sure, since we are doing not-too-badly with T-Mac out, no one is scared that his return might mess up the chemistry this team just developed, right?

Nah, shouldn't be too much a problem IMO, he's a pretty willing passer when teammates are hitting shots. This is like the situation last year when we did so well without Yao, and there were some questions about how it'd be when he came back. I'd predict he'd be fine, but never know and can definitely see where the concern is. :wink:
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#120 » by Iggyemu » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:00 am

The one thing we didn't do well at all tonight was rebound. That was a piss poor rebounding performance. It was funny..they would just put two guys on Yao to keep him away and no other Rocket could get in there and get the board. It was the only way the Knicks stayed in the game and its what they are gonna do to us in NY from the get go to try and beat us then.

Anyway good win. Knicks IMO played one of their best games and they never gave up...we were just too much offensively for em and we forced a lot of turnovers defensively.

Like nyk_buc likes to point out..I wonder how many games over .500 we would be right now had we not done that Mike James/Francis experiment. Head and Brooks are SOOOO much better and it shows every night.

Yao was great...straight domination of Eddy Curry who in fact did play well. He and Randolph in fact were great tonight. Yao was just too much though. That was a dominant 3rd quarter by him. Brooks with the new career high. I love when he penetrates b/c he might be our best finisher considering height. He can get that ball in the basket over some of the biggest dudes in the league. He was great...Alston once again played well. Head was good as well. Battier continues to struggle and IMO its time to trade him for someone who is a little better offensively b/c IMO when McGrady comes back and buys into this offense thats very balanced he will more than enough energy to defend and he is a far better on the ball defender than Battier is.

Battier is just struggling in this system while the rest of his teammates are starting to flourish. I think thats the tell tale sign that this offense and this team isn't for him.

Speaking of Mac. When he comes back and if he can stay healthy he has to buy into this system. It starting to work well. He'll find himself being able to take stretches off in a game offensively similar to the way Kobe did back when they were winning titles. Thats the type of balance we are starting to show right now. McGrady has to play within the offense and then if we are struggling he needs to take over but with an offense like this you won't struggle for very long and thats why we need him. We need for those stretches we do struggle in and he has to understand that.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan

Return to Houston Rockets