ImageImage

People-who-stepped-up-in-T-Mac's-absence Appreciation Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

People-who-stepped-up-in-T-Mac's-absence Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by Crackfool » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:58 am

Well, it's nice to see that for once, we don't completely fall apart with McGrady injured. Props to Alston, Head, Brooks, Scola, and Wells for stepping up.
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#2 » by HTown_TMac » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:03 am

And if we lost?
TRADE THE TEAM FIRE ADELMAN WE JUST LOST TO THE KNICKS!!
But anyways I do appreciate the people who have stepped up
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
jove9
Starter
And1: 159

Post#3 » by jove9 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:13 am

This is getting ridiculous. I should make a "Jove9 Appreciation Thread for NOT Making a Player Appreciation Thread After a Game Thread."
Transistor
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#4 » by Transistor » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:23 am

The question is....when are we gonna have the first (that I know of) Rick Adelman appreciation thread??? :lol:
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#5 » by MaxRider » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:29 am

jove9 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. I should make a "Jove9 Appreciation Thread for NOT Making a Player Appreciation Thread After a Game Thread."

when we lost it's "XXXXX is the missing piece thread" when we win it's "XXXXXX appreciation thread"
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#6 » by Guy986 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:18 am

Transistor wrote:The question is....when are we gonna have the first (that I know of) Rick Adelman appreciation thread??? :lol:

We're still a 500 ball club. Too soon for that. Although i like the progress this team is making, i feel that if we still have Gundy we'll be one of the top teams in the league record wise.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#7 » by TMACFORMVP » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:48 am

Still more games to go, but yeah everybody has really stepped up nicely lately and we've definitely played hard. Something we couldn't say earlier in the season.
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#8 » by BaYBaller » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:19 am

Guy986 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We're still a 500 ball club. Too soon for that. Although i like the progress this team is making, i feel that if we still have Gundy we'll be one of the top teams in the league record wise.

Of course we'd have a better regular season record with JVG because the team wouldn't have had that adjustment period but who cares? I thought the goal was to win in the post-season, not the regular season? JVG wasn't going to lead this team far in the playoffs but Adleman might be able to, you have to take that gamble otherwise you might as well rebuild.

The only question that remains is how T-Mac will fit into the team when he comes back. If he can he'll take this team to another level and we should be able to run off some nice win streaks as we hit the softer parts of our schedule.
McTracy
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#9 » by McTracy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:42 am

AARON BROOKS !
IT'S TIME
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#10 » by King Roosk » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:57 pm

Okay, the "XXXX Appreciation Threads" are getting a bit out of hand. From now on guys, keep everything in this thread and don't make individual threads for individual players.

Anyways, yeah it's amazing how we've been taking care of business with T-mac injured. We've won 4 of our last 6 without T-mac...that's absolutely insane compared to last season.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#11 » by Guy986 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:21 pm

BaYBaller wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Of course we'd have a better regular season record with JVG because the team wouldn't have had that adjustment period but who cares? I thought the goal was to win in the post-season, not the regular season? JVG wasn't going to lead this team far in the playoffs but Adleman might be able to, you have to take that gamble otherwise you might as well rebuild.

The only question that remains is how T-Mac will fit into the team when he comes back. If he can he'll take this team to another level and we should be able to run off some nice win streaks as we hit the softer parts of our schedule.

I agree with you. While i've always been a supporter of JVG's coaching, i realized it was time for him to go following that disheartening loss to the Jazz in the playoff. Like i said, i like the devlopment of the rookies and i'm happy with the direction this team is going. Once Tmac gets back and buys into the system, we'll be a formidable squad i n the west. I have no doubt about it.
Amel
Banned User

Post#12 » by Amel » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:27 pm

Scola, Alston and sometimes Head and Bonzi

Yaoza was always there
Amel
Banned User

Post#13 » by Amel » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:31 pm

BaYBaller wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Some people just don't understand basketball, I gave up on that long time ago.

New posters come and go but real fans stay and discuss it throughly. In sports you have to be patient and smart to win. The Hou Org gave Gundy plenty of time and chances, he did not deliver and had to go. Now we can focus on a diff style of play, be patient and support the team.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#14 » by moofs » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:23 am

The goal was NEVER to win in the postseason. That was the fan interpretation of the events. Alexander wanted an offensive minded coach because that's the rave now. Van Gundy took Alexander's hesitation to extend him last year as a sign that he needed to think about things during this offseason. Alexander decided not to give Van Gundy that time and picked the route of looking for a new coach instead. The coaching change was a largely political (and by my theory, marketing/business) move, insofar has been released publicly, nothing more.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
BaYBaller
Veteran

Post#15 » by BaYBaller » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:05 am

moofs wrote:The goal was NEVER to win in the postseason. That was the fan interpretation of the events. Alexander wanted an offensive minded coach because that's the rave now. Van Gundy took Alexander's hesitation to extend him last year as a sign that he needed to think about things during this offseason. Alexander decided not to give Van Gundy that time and picked the route of looking for a new coach instead. The coaching change was a largely political (and by my theory, marketing/business) move, insofar has been released publicly, nothing more.

I'm not saying that was management's goal in hiring Adelman I'm saying that should be the goal if you are looking to win a championship.
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#16 » by moofs » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:01 pm

BaYBaller wrote:I'm not saying that was management's goal in hiring Adelman I'm saying that should be the goal if you are looking to win a championship.

Who are you referring to with that "you", and whose goal should it be? (related questions)

Management/ownership's primary goal is generally to make money, save with Cuban and possibly a handful of others. Obviously they don't present it as such, but still. Winning a championship and being entertaining are secondary goals as they help with the primary.
Morey 2020.

BaYBaller
Veteran

Post#17 » by BaYBaller » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:06 pm

moofs wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Who are you referring to with that "you", and whose goal should it be? (related questions)

Management/ownership's primary goal is generally to make money, save with Cuban and possibly a handful of others. Obviously they don't present it as such, but still. Winning a championship and being entertaining are secondary goals as they help with the primary.

You as in you, a fan, or more generally the fanbase. This is a fan forum, despite being on a website called RealGM, we are not expected to make comments from a real GM's perspective.
moofs
General Manager

Post#18 » by moofs » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:43 pm

Ah, that was where you got me. "Expectations" then, not "goals".

Words may not mean much, but they might mean something!

Zebra speaker lard = backcheese Nth roto-tango Parcells.

See? :)

p.s. i generally try to. it makes trades more challenging - like playing sudoku on super grand master
Morey 2020.

moofs
General Manager

OT: Luis! Luis! Luis! 

Post#19 » by moofs » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:07 am

Just noticed, Luis now has 9 games of 14+ points out of 36.

FGs in those games:
8-10
6-14
10-11
10-19
10-16
6-13
8-11
11-17
9-18

When dude goes off, he does it proper. :clap:

Edit: Crap, I just remembered that I looked that up after noticing the 19 in the box score. Game thread, or are you gonna put Old Yeller down?
Morey 2020.

HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#20 » by HTown_TMac » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:10 am

Another appreciation thread.. YAY!
www.atrilli.net <- music blog

Return to Houston Rockets