ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Bobcats

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#601 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:06 am

thEthIEf wrote:guess SVG is embarrassed, no wrap up tonight...

He's ripping the team new a**holes.

SVG obviously deserves the blame tonight, but a lot of guys had no effort in that 4th quarter.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#602 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:07 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They played us, plain and simple. :banghead: :nonono:

Being a fan of this team is not good for my mental saneness. Another inexplicable loss after having a second half double digit lead. All in the same way, im **** tired of this ****. They make every team play like superman because they go on those stupid funks were they turn the ball over and play matador defense. Might as well have some damm orange cones playing defense. I cant **** stand this ****.
aka: prorl
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#603 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:08 am

EasternMagic wrote:the only positive we can take from this game is that we still got dwight instead of okafor..........

But for how much longer?
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#604 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:08 am

for real he had an insane game last night SVG needs to work on his rotations because right now this is ridiculous i mean even if cook wasnt gonna play as good tonight might as well give him a shot
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#605 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 am

JigenDaisuke wrote:yeah what happened to cook?

SVG said in the Bulls postgame that he probably wasn't going to play Cook because of the matchups the Bobcats would throw at them.

But when Hedo can't make an outside shot, you need to throw Cook in there to see if he was still hot.
I'll be pissed if he doesn't play Saturday vs. the Blazers, this is a pure jump shooting game.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#606 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 am

One small thing... why do all of Dwight's jumpers have to be bank shots? Since Tim Duncan, everyone wants to shoot bank shots.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#607 » by MagicFan3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 am

Rotating my avatar again until we manage to go on a winning streak again. Hopefully it will help JJ play as well. :lol:
TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#608 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 am

SVGs rotations suck. he changes it too much from game to game. one night cookie is the first one in the game the next auggie. once in a while jj plays. one night arroyo doesn't play. one night keyon hardly plays. jameer misses an entire second quarter of play. bogans start. evans starts. arroyo starts. its like he doesn't even know what he is doing when it comes to rotations. make the other teams adjust to us not us adjusting to them. i hate when coaches do that. it obviously shows the other team is controling the game and pace and whatever.
MagicFan3
Banned User

Post#609 » by MagicFan3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:One small thing... why do all of Dwight's jumpers have to be bank shots? Since Tim Duncan, everyone wants to shoot bank shots.

It would look ugly as hell otherwise. Big men, particularly Dwight, are too strong to really have a normal jumper.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#610 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 am

prorl wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Being a fan of this team is not good for my mental saneness. Another inexplicable loss after having a second half double digit lead. All in the same way, im **** tired of this ****. They make every team play like superman because they go on those stupid funks were they turn the ball over and play matador defense. Might as well have some damm orange cones playing defense. I cant **** stand this ****.

It kills me more physically, I swear I've got high blood pressure from this team, and I'm only 19. :(
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#611 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:13 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:One small thing... why do all of Dwight's jumpers have to be bank shots? Since Tim Duncan, everyone wants to shoot bank shots.

Dwight doesn't have the touch to shoot it normally and the backboard really helps a ton. Plus, you can be more accurate with the backcourt than without.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#612 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:13 am

im going to have take anger management classes soon if they dont stop losing cause i have all this anger bottled up inside and one more loss and its coming out
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#613 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

These guys are bunch of freaking cupcakes. They didnt play hard in the 4th because they were too damm demoralized that they gave up a 19 point lead in about 5 mins. But its their fault for being too **** soft, which is why the lead dissapeaded in an instant. They are soft and they had no real leader step up. No one step up and showed leadership.
aka: prorl
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#614 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

JigenDaisuke wrote:yeah what happened to cook?

He had too many celebratory twinkies after his performance last game ... :dontknow:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
surflawyer
Analyst
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#615 » by surflawyer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am

It takes a mentally tough and very mature team to play hard against inferior teams. We were coasting half way through the third and I saw us losing it then and I am not surprised in the least. We play up to or down to out competition all the time.
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#616 » by zuppafly » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

TooNice00 wrote:SVGs rotations suck. he changes it too much from game to game. one night cookie is the first one in the game the next auggie. once in a while jj plays. one night arroyo doesn't play. one night keyon hardly plays. jameer misses an entire second quarter of play. bogans start. evans starts. arroyo starts. its like he doesn't even know what he is doing when it comes to rotations. make the other teams adjust to us not us adjusting to them. i hate when coaches do that. it obviously shows the other team is controling the game and pace and whatever.

At least someone speaks with my thoughts. Last night I got worried when I heard SVG say in the press conference that Cook wouldn't probably play tonight due to matchups. Honestly, aren't we the best team? Aren't teams supposed to adjust to our style of play? When we fans say that we play down to our competition and don't understand why... well, here's a big part of your answer. We change our game style on defense every night to match up the opponent, and since in ball you can't sub between every defense-offense transition (lol) we have to execute the offense with the players that match up better on defense, not the ones who are better at executing the offense.
I do understand that this is a part of the "defensive mentality" Van Gundy has, but we really need to make the other team adjust more than we do. These constant rotation modifications are a big part of our inconsistency.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#617 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He had too many celebratory twinkies after his performance last game ... :dontknow:

:rofl: dang twinkies
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#618 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:22 am

EasternMagic wrote:im going to have take anger management classes soon if they dont stop losing cause i have all this anger bottled up inside and one more loss and its coming out

I bottle it up and let it evaporate in my sleep.
OR if I am fortunate to be near a punching bag I start wailing on it until the knuckles turn deep red.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#619 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:23 am

zuppafly wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

At least someone speaks with my thoughts. Last night I got worried when I heard SVG say in the press conference that Cook wouldn't probably play tonight due to matchups. Honestly, aren't we the best team? Aren't teams supposed to adjust to our style of play? When we fans say that we play down to our competition and don't understand why... well, here's a big part of your answer. We change our game style on defense every night to match up the opponent, and since we can't sub between every defense-offense transition, we have to execute the offense with the players that match up better on defense, not the ones who are better at executing the offense.
I do understand that this is a part of the "defensive mentality" Van Gundy has, but we really need to mak the other team adjust more than we do. These constant rotation modifications are a big part of our inconsistency.

i think you two, are on to something..
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#620 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:24 am

magicman123 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: dang twinkies

Ah ok, so that's where Bonzi's shipments went. :rofl:

Return to Orlando Magic