ImageImageImageImage

Portland JailBlazers @ Orlando Magic 7:00 P.M @ Amway

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#341 » by magicmamma » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:50 am

mhectorgato wrote: A) Dooling drove me nuts running the point

I know what you mean. There was a time during the game when I was pleading for it to be hallucination that Jameer was sitting in a suit (and a tie!), and that he would suddenly appear on the floor. Please, anything but Dooling dribbling the ball until there is 4 seconds on the clock then tossing it to someone for the emergency shot.

Great victory. Those guys just wouldn't give up.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#342 » by theTHIEF » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:54 am

i just dont want to see Dooling take 3's anymore...i swear i've seen him take like 40 3's this year and he's probably connected on like 10, maybe, and one of them was that luck shot vs. the Nuggets...

Keyon Dooling needs to be placed on an action plan

1) Stop taking 3's
2) Stop controling the ball for 24 seconds
3) Unless you have a clear path or are on a fast break, stop driving to the paint without a Magic player trailing
4) Stop anticipating cross court cuts by other players when passing

k, thanks...
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#343 » by MoGrAdY » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:11 am

Fun game. Im so happy to see Cook getting a chance and doin well. Mo just keeps impressing me. Arroyo and Dooling make me wanna vomit though. The mighty Pissons have been strugglin. Losin to the Knicks by 78, Kings in da Palace and now the Bulls. Which most liekly means they will come in and beat us down like lil girls. BTW Tehif, where are your seats at man?
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#344 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:57 am

Nice win.

Pretty hard to throw the ball to Dwight these days I guess. Too many pick & rolls (in which he never gets the ball) and not enough post ups.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
karizma87
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#345 » by karizma87 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:36 am

Bensational wrote:here's some interesting things i noted from the box score just now:

1) Dwight only got 7 FGA's and had 10 FTA's. i think it's unacceptable when the star of your team only gets 7 FGA's, especially when he averages such a high clip.

not really, dwight's gotta hit his FT's successfully, otherwise what's the point?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#346 » by drsd » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:38 am

Evans has a very respectable game. Nice shooting touch, and just enough defense to keep Roy from an ESPN-highlight night.

Anyhow, this is the game StM wants the Magic to play. Come out strong with a first quarter lead. Then play even the rest of the game to dig out the win.

A perfectly coached game: StM is the winning piece of the night!
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#347 » by y 2 a B » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:49 am

I went to the game tonight, and I was surrounded by Blazers fan where I sat, but we actually became pretty friendly throughout the game.

Not much to comment about, except we almost gave away our huge lead, and one of the refs (the darker one) made some terrible back to back calls.

Bring on....Detroit?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#348 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:14 am

I am glad the Magic won tonight.

It sucks I could not watch it though.

There are 14 FSN games along with one non-televised on April 1 left so it will get easier especially when April hits.

I think Scott Anez is going to try and have the sides on again Wednesday so hopefully we will hear some new news as this has been unbearable.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#349 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Watching Dooling play PG is like watching intense dental surgery. Its not pretty and u know its gonna hurt.

Dwight had a couple of vicious blocks.
aka: prorl
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#350 » by craig01 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Good win.

Had to listen on the radio.

Go to hell Britehouse and FSN.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#351 » by mhectorgato » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:57 pm

karizma87 wrote:not really, dwight's gotta hit his FT's successfully, otherwise what's the point?

The point is that Dwight averages 12 FGA per game....

They were swarming Dwight whenever he got the ball. But it seemed like the offense didn't involve Lewis and Dwight much.

http://www.nba.com/games/20080119/POROR ... l?rss=true
"Dwight and Rashard didn't get a lot of shots and sometimes when that happens to scorers, they go into a funk, but I was really pleased with the job those two did defensively,'' Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "They really took control of the paint for us.''

We did a good job keeping Aldridge under control - 12 points in 1st half and zero in the 2nd.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#352 » by mhectorgato » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:00 pm

prorl wrote:Watching Dooling play PG is like watching intense dental surgery. Its not pretty and u know its gonna hurt.

Dwight had a couple of vicious blocks.

I forgot who it was - Webster I think - went up for a dunk. But Dwight blocked the ball and sent him to the ground. I thought the other guy was going to slink off the court out of embarrassment.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#353 » by mhectorgato » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:02 pm

magicmamma wrote:I know what you mean. There was a time during the game when I was pleading for it to be hallucination that Jameer was sitting in a suit (and a tie!), and that he would suddenly appear on the floor. Please, anything but Dooling dribbling the ball until there is 4 seconds on the clock then tossing it to someone for the emergency shot.

Great victory. Those guys just wouldn't give up.

It was either stalling the offense or looking for his own shot/drive mostly.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#354 » by magicfan4life05 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:20 pm

went to the game yesterday and had a lot of fun and on the way out saw Pat Williams and said hello and stuff (i immediately thought of diener>u pics) he was a really nice guy...
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#355 » by Last Guardian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:26 pm

Blazers are wildly overachieving and it is funny how cocky their fans have become. They have absolutely no post or driving game. It is jumpshot after jumpshot. Just like us in the previous years, they will plummet quickly when teams figure them out.

The Magics problem is obviously defense. Aside from turnovers our offense is still pretty awesome, even better than before since guys are taking it to the basket more, especially Lewis. Even the defensive rebounding has improved. At least we don't give up offensive rebounds like crazy anymore. But some real holes defensively. Don't even care about size just rotations. So slow and so many open shots for the other team.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#356 » by spinedoc » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:01 pm

I went to the game last night, my first in a very long time. Thats my only regret living here in TN, is that I can't go to the games. You see it much better on T.V., thats if you don't have Brighthouse, but the vibe of watching it live with that many people is just awesome.

Our offense is looking really good. Carlos and Keyon played well for us with Jameer out. I had no idea he was even injured, it totally caught me by surprise. I couldn't believe that Carlos didn't get PT in the second half though, he seemed to be playing well. I guess Keyon kept him on the bench with his play, he was on last night. Evans was great too, and I haven't checked it out yet, but I think he was our high scorer. He led most of the way for us at least. I also liked what Cook did for us early on, he gave us a nice spark.

Defensively we are still way behind. We seemed to coast and looked very un-inspired. What really pissed me off was the lack of rebounding on the free throws. We slumped back on defense and missed out on too many loose boards. Great win, great time. Go Magic!
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#357 » by whocares » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:45 pm

1. it is hard to tell which people have been watching when the defense has been on the rise recently with the last night's game being a good display.
2. even rashard made a steal which was basically a smart play and good defensive read.
3. maybe with the exception of the spurs, no team will ever shut down all five players on the floor.
4. a good defensive team should try to take the more potent players out of their comfort zone.
5. magic, though not as sharp as should be, are getting there.
6. if anything, the offense of the starting five was a little suspect.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#358 » by OMPunk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Went to the game last night and probably got some of the best seats I've ever had for a game 4 rows off the floor by the Blazer's tunnel.

I went nuts, Matty Goukas walked past me and I walked over to him and told him to call a good game, which he told me 'ok'...meaning a basic guarantee that he would follow through, so for anyone watching the game on FSN last night, your welcome for the good game that Matty called last night.

Got real close to Jarrett Jack after he got done warming up, but didn't really want his autograph too bad.

Yelled at Dooling after watching him drive to the hoop for a miss for what seemed like the fourth consecutive time....he may not say he heard it, but I know he did.

Cook was surprisingly good in the minutes he received, plus Mo was great and definitely like him in the starting lineup. Any time that Foyle touched the ball on offense and went to score was great. Not the times he made it, but the couple of times he thought he would drive in and score.....silly Adonal.

Kind of wished JJ would have played, but it seems like he's content with not playing. During warm-ups he kind of just shot crazy shots for the most part....like he knew that he wasn't going to play so he didn't really bother warming up. To me it seems JJ doesn't really care too much anymore.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#359 » by Last Guardian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:09 pm

whocares wrote:1. it is hard to tell which people have been watching when the defense has been on the rise recently with the last night's game being a good display.
2. even rashard made a steal which was basically a smart play and good defensive read.
3. maybe with the exception of the spurs, no team will ever shut down all five players on the floor.
4. a good defensive team should try to take the more potent players out of their comfort zone.
5. magic, though not as sharp as should be, are getting there.
6. if anything, the offense of the starting five was a little suspect.

Well its your opinion its been on the rise, but I think that is quite laughable. The defense has been bad. Not the worst in history but not where it needs to be either. And certainly not on the rise.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#360 » by MagicFan3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Solid Snake wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well its your opinion its been on the rise, but I think that is quite laughable. The defense has been bad. Not the worst in history but not where it needs to be either. And certainly not on the rise.

It's been improved, at least in last night's game and against the Bulls. Really our only good defensive efforts were against the Nets, Bulls, and Blazers, and it mostly had to do with effort. Normally we have no effort or energy on defense.

Return to Orlando Magic