ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors still mediocre

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

MasuWarrior
Ballboy
And1: 0

Warriors still mediocre 

Post#1 » by MasuWarrior » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:18 am

With the Jazz and Rockets getting healthy and playing much better, it's getting even more difficult for the Warriors to hold on to a playoff spot. They are playing okay, but I don't see them playing at a high level like the usual powerhouses in the West. Do you just play out the rest of the season with the current roster, or do you try to get a major impact player?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,078

Post#2 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:19 am

I don't think you can call over .500 mediocre.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by The_Believer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 am

I hate to say this, but a healthy Kings and Clippers team could scare some teams in the West. Hell, even Minny has beaten us, Suns x2, and the Hornets with Al Jeff beasting and Telfair actually outplaying all-star PGs.
But, we have an easy schedule for the year, and Baron seems to be hungrier than ever to win his ultimate prize.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:44 am

jrhester wrote:I don't think you can call over .500 mediocre.

in the west you can. The jazz are goin to come alive and so are the rockets. The warriors are in deep sheiza if they cant play better: rebounding, inside play, consistent scoring, DEFENSE. losing to the twolves in inexcuseable..come one! we need every win we can get.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Gio
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Gio » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:07 am

cdubbz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

in the west you can. The jazz are goin to come alive and so are the rockets. The warriors are in deep sheiza if they cant play better: rebounding, inside play, consistent scoring, DEFENSE. losing to the twolves in inexcuseable..come one! we need every win we can get.

The Suns lost to the twolves, are they mediocre too?
Every season, there are surprising losses and wins! The Warriors don't look like a team which is able to win a championship, but they are pretty good.
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#6 » by djdamon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 pm

I think the Lakers are poised for a tumble the next 7 weeks without Bynum. I think they are going to fall out of the playoff race. :offtopic:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:23 pm

I see Portland and LA dropping a few notches. I see Utah coming up in the race. I'm anxious to see what happens in Houston with T-Crack in the lineup again.
Who Dunnit?
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Who Dunnit? » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:56 pm

warriors have homecourt in feb. we gotta win most of those games. plus we got that trade deadline comingup. very important feb for the warriors. most teams in the west go on the road. we will stay at home. this month really tells us if we make the playoffs in my opinion. our team is what it is if we dont make a trade. so basically if we handle it this feb we should be koo. if not i cant see this team coming together and making a comeback to eek into the playoffs like last year. its not like chemestry is a issue right night.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#9 » by turk3d » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Mediocre and exciting is ok. Mediocre and boring sucks.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
gs7101
Pro Prospect
Location: Oakland CA native, living in San Antonio TX; of course, I'm a die-hard Warriors' fan--over 40 years!

Post#10 » by gs7101 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:32 pm

I don't think any sane person will suggest the Warriors are a powerhouse team in the West. Yes, I believe the team should attempt to get an impact player; e.g., a back-up point guard or power forward who can contribute offensively and defensively. Also, I believe teams in the West playing over .500 ball shouldn't be labeled as being mediocre. Ten of the 15 teams in the West are playing over .500 ball, which is above average in any sense. Conversely, only six of 15 teams in the East are playing over .500 ball.
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#11 » by Alex_De_Large » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:47 pm

nuggets, lakers and blazers obviously will not make the playoffs, it was only luck at the start, now jazz, warriors and rockets will go up.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#12 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:19 pm

The Warriors are a Baron Injury from falling out of the top 8.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#13 » by turk3d » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Warriorfan wrote:The Warriors are a Baron Injury from falling out of the top 8.

Suns just a Nash or Amare injury away, Hornets just a Paul or a Chandler injury away, Portland just an Aldridge or Roy injury away, the Lakers a Kobe injury away, the Cavs a Lebron injury away, look at what happened to Miami with both their stars being injured (Shaq and Wade) and the Clips (with Brand) . . . the list goes on and on and on.

In order to make it into the playoffs most Western teams (maybe with the exception of only a few) cannot get by if one of their key players get hurt, practically none will if it's their star player as is the case with Baron. We were actually able to sustain a pretty serious injury to Baron in the 2nd half last year and still make it (by the skin of our teeth).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#14 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 pm

We ARE out of the top eight right as we speak.

It's gonna be a battle all year, so the fact that we win ugly on occasion is irrelevent. Winning period is all we should care about.

We're eight games over .500. That's a bit better than mediocre.

it's not our fault that the West is so talented this year. We just need to keep pace and hope that some other teams fall off.

We have to make a move that matters, because we need help.

I believe that if we bring in Webber, then the team will wait until the last moment at the deadline to get maximum value.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by The_Believer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:55 pm

^^^ GS is now the 7th seed in the west FYI, if that's what you meant by top 8.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#16 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:55 pm

It's interesting how this generation of W's fans want the 8th seed above all else...We used to never think that way..I guess the drought went on too long...

Screw how we're playing

Screw developing a team for the future

Get that 8th seed!!

:crazy:
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#17 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:58 pm

The Warriors are the definition of Mediocre. They are not one of the 10 best teams in the NBA and not one of the worst 10 teams. They are one Baron Level player from being a perrenial Contender. Lakers, Portland, Houston and Utah have passed or will soon pass GS.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#18 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:04 pm

We are 5 games out of the top spot in the West.

2 1/2 games behind the Lakers for the fifth spot.

We are in 7th right now (thanks believer), but only by a half game over Utah (who's beaten us twice) and Portland (who's beaten us twice).

Who cares if we end up eigth in a realllllllyyyyy tough conference?

Just get in and hope for the magic to return. And I don't mean Magic Johnson.

Maybe if we eak into the eight spot it will be because of Patrick O'Bryant dominating down the stretch to revive a struggling team. There can always be a silver lining LF.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by crzy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:10 pm

Warriorfan wrote:The Warriors are a Baron Injury from falling out of the top 8.

You can say that about any team's best player.
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#20 » by shucknjive » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:21 pm

While I wouldn't call our record mediocre, I think there's anumber of games that we've barely pulled out of our a&&, as well as a good number of teams that we've beat who had a start player out (Spurs) or on the second night of back-to-backs. Jackson's poor play (especially shootging and TO's, his D is tstill very good) is getting frighfully consistent, and Barnes is not the same Barnes of a year ago (where did his 3PT shot go?).

Most concerning is Nellie's playing our starters too many minutes without spelling Baron more and giving our rooks some much needed development time. Even Kobe and Nash get significant rest during the game.

Anybody saying Portland and LA won't make the playoffs for sure is smokin crack. Portland, although I can't understand WHY and HOW, is really good. The Kings are playing above their talent level as well, and who knows? Maybe when Brand returns, the Clips will get in the mix. I've NEVER seen a western conference like what we've got this season.
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"

Return to Golden State Warriors