ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors still mediocre

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#21 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Warriorfan wrote:The Warriors are a Baron Injury from falling out of the top 8.

Thank you captain obvious.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#22 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:26 pm

The west would not be looking so tough if we had a talented rotation...Just about every team out here is more talented than the W's...Warriors are by far #1 when it comes to playing with heart...But you look at some of the players who have been in Nelllie's rotation..My God...The MBENGA, Horror Story, the French Trainwreck, CJ Watson...These guys are D league level talents...

Webber is a great signing if all you care about is making the playoffs..He's a huge jump up in talent over our D leaguer bench.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#23 » by The_Believer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:30 pm

We have talented starters, but need to get better bench players and not Pietrus and a bunch of D-League type players. (good we got rid of MBENGA tho)
Anyone we could trade for or sign in the upcoming weeks perhaps?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#24 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:43 pm

SAM CASSELL
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:48 pm

LF75 wrote:It's interesting how this generation of W's fans want the 8th seed above all else...We used to never think that way..I guess the drought went on too long...

Screw how we're playing

Screw developing a team for the future

Get that 8th seed!!

:crazy:

Great. I totally agree with you. 8th seed sucks, dude! If you are not promised to win it all, then there is really no joy that can be taken from the season.

Here is my idea for building for a future championship...

Trade Baron for Craig Smith, Gerald Green, + Theo Ratliff (Helllllooo Cap Space!)

Trade Harrington for Jason Williams and Dorrell Wright (SF of the future? Maybe...but its the kind of risk you need to take when trying to win the whole enchilada in a few years time)

Trade S-Jax and Kosta for Javaris Crittenton and Kwame Brown (the obvious move to get more cap space...we can also take advantage of the Lakers, who are probably stupid enough to just be content with a 5 seed...as if they can win the whole thing. lol. suckers.)

Trade Barnes to anyone for a 2nd rd pick (no point having a role player in his mid-twenties when you are rebuilding).

Stupid Nellie will certainly resign immediately after seeing the bold and brilliant moves that are necessary to go for the championship in 2012.

With these moves we should be able to lose most of our games for the rest of the season, so lets say we end up with like 35 wins. That should get us a #9 pick, I'd say. (Lucky Number Nine, so nice to see you again!) But imagine the development that POB would get! He'd most certainly become a top line starter by the end of the season. No wasted pick there, uh uh.

Offseason

Sign Andre Igoudala to be our SF for $60M/5
Re-sign Monta, Beans, C.Smith, and POB to 5 year deals worth a cumulative total of $160M

Re-Sign CJ Watson and Gerald Green for cheap

Draft #9- PG DJ Augustin; #39 PF James Mays

Crittenton/DJ Augustin/CJ Watson
Monta/Belinelli/G.Green
A.Igoudala/D.Wright
B.Wright/C.Smith/Mays
Biedrins/Patrick O'Bryant

So we'd probably be horrible next year but just imagine....we'd be in the running for the #1 pick and then we could draft Ricky Rubio!!

Man, that would be soooo sweet! Championship or Bust in 2012!
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Nick, you've lost it. JK
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#27 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:53 pm

We have the worst present of any top 10 team in the West and arguably the worst future as well. Only Minnesota, Sacto, and LAC out West look to be in as bad of shape for the future as we are. Sota's putting their eggs in a basket with giant holes in it... Sacto just flat out doesnt seem to have a business plan at all, and the Clippers are stuck in that win now/rebuild limbo that we are, but they lost their franchise player.

Ideally, they will have Brand + Livingston back next season and will be ahead of us again...

HOU and PHX are in the same league as us when it comes to wasting draft picks... difference is, we're picking in the middle rounds and lottery, while PHX just continues to sell off picks...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Nick, you've lost it. JK

The hyperbole of good ideas being presented to him got old and unentertaining/informative the moment they started.

The only thing being suggested is to develop our own teammates... then you get this kind of buffoonery of flying off the handle... its tough being an optimist on this board :sigh:
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#29 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm just trying to come up with a plan that gets our championship goal in line.

You realize that in order to build for the future we need to start stockpiling lotto picks and young players, right? You can't just make these comments about getting out of non-championship no man's land without going all the way with it. Well, unless you are just looking to get attention by complaining all the time.

What's your plan for the future championship, guys?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:05 pm

St.Nick wrote:I'm just trying to come up with a plan that gets our championship goal in line.

You realize that in order to build for the future we need to start stockpiling lotto picks and young players, right? So thats my plan. Whats yours?

Extremists are the worst... I mean even when I poke @ Nellie for being a buffoon I'll have something to back it up... you hyperbole everything everyone else is saying and then insinuate your own new creation is a stupid idea... which is 100% correct :nod:
Vanhoo
Junior
And1: 0

Post#31 » by Vanhoo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:14 pm

510Reggae wrote:We have the worst present of any top 10 team in the West and arguably the worst future as well.

WTF are you talking about? Monta, Wright, and Beans is a great foundation to work around in the future.

Damn, some of you sure can act like extreme retards.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#32 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:21 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Extremists are the worst... I mean even when I poke @ Nellie for being a buffoon I'll have something to back it up... you hyperbole everything everyone else is saying and then insinuate your own new creation is a stupid idea... which is 100% correct :nod:

Still waiting for your championship plan...

After all, this team ain't gonna win the title this year. So how are we going to do it in the future?

Simple question.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Yeah... Biedrins and Wright sure figure to be big parts of our future... :lol:

People crack me up... so long as Nellie's in charge, Biedrins and Wright are mere roleplayers and stopgaps... every good team is giving their high ceiling youngins some push, every bad team is giving them lots of push... our middle of the road team gives them little to none... or less than before.

Same closed-mindedness and fear of new ideas seen throughout all history... gotta love it :rofl:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm

St.Nick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Still waiting for your championship plan...

After all, this team ain't gonna win the title this year. So how are we going to do it in the future?

Simple question.

I'm literally dying over here... your slaying me! :lol:

If I could answer it I'd have taken the Oracle hostage by now...

Maybe we'll do it by doing what other teams do - developing their post players, getting easy buckets... the problem isnt personnel, its the style/coach... if POB and Wright were even rotational players, even 5-10 mpg players, we look infinitely better...

Try and find a better setup Nick... I'm coming dangerous close to giving up on you and stopping the education that seems to go in one ear and out another, as you try mightily to be correct on a message board... :box:
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#35 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm

510Reggae wrote:
Same closed-mindedness and fear of new ideas seen throughout all history... gotta love it :rofl:

510 Reggae....Modern Day Revolutionary. :usa:

But does he have a plan? Stay tuned and await a peek into his brilliance.
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#36 » by djdamon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:27 pm

I think we're in good shape for the rest of the year.
I hope we can get healthier with all that rest and those home games in February.
I forecast the Lakers dropping out of contention with Bynum being injured. I think Portland fades at the finish and Houston gets in along with Utah and Golden State.
I think if Nelson would play Pietrus and CJ Watson, more starters would get some rest, and thats a good thing. I think even POB should get 6 minutes a game...
I'm extremely happy with Don Nelson as our coach.
I think we're gonna make a trade.. :wink:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#37 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:28 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm literally dying over here... your slaying me! :lol:

If I could answer it I'd have taken the Oracle hostage by now...

Maybe we'll do it by doing what other teams do - developing their post players, getting easy buckets... the problem isnt personnel, its the style/coach... if POB and Wright were even rotational players, even 5-10 mpg players, we look infinitely better...

Try and find a better setup Nick... I'm coming dangerous close to giving up on you and stopping the education that seems to go in one ear and out another, as you try mightily to be correct on a message board... :box:

Uh huh...so we can use our present personnel..specifically more POB and Wright...and we'll be on our way to a championship? Are you sure that we won't just remain mediocre following that plan?

Stop and think it through.

[/b]
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 pm

St.Nick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Uh huh...so we can use our present personnel..specifically more POB and Wright...and we'll be on our way to a championship? Are you sure that we won't just remain mediocre following that plan?

Stop and think it through.

[/b]

There's nothing funnier than a cocky guy whos a complete buffoon... I'll do the board a favor and ignore ya again, damn the comedic potential...

Shame on me for developing rookies... I should stop and think that one through. What team develops their own players and wins? I'll scour the history books and try and find one or two examples, as that will surely prove my point. Then I can find you, and tell me how you are sure that unwavering support of Nellie will this time (not like with the Bucks, or the run TMC W's, or the Mavs, or the Knicks) is going to make us a contender or even set us up better from the future.

Keep in mind, I am ignoring you, so try and ham it up for the people still reading your garbage ;)
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#39 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:50 pm

But we're not talking about "developing rookies"...we're talking about getting away from being a team with "the worst present and worst future amongst the top-10 teams in the West." We're talking about winning a championship, because being a #8 seed is stupid and pointless. Right? Or did you not express these sentiments earlier?

So how about putting up that plan to make us great instead of just being in the playoffs? Or are you not going to do it because you know it'll make you look silly and probably invalidate most of your beloved complaining?

Here is a hint...instead of just complaining all the time, why don't you join us in reality and try to get a grasp on what is actually going on with this team? We don't have the guns to be a legit championship team, we do have the guns to be an entertaining and winning team. If Brandan Wright and POB were good enough right now to make us a championship team, they'd be on the floor. But POB is crap and Wright is barely 20 years old and greener than guacamole. In time, Wright will get minutes and he will be developed. It just doesn't have to be right now.

There is no secret vendetta to create a mediocre team here, we simply have what we have personnel wise and we're making the best of it. And if you think about what our personnel was one year ago and think about how much better we are now and how much brighter our future is now then perhaps you'd become more optimistic instead of such a clueless pessimist.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Talking championship right now is ludicrous. We must walk before we run.

We started walking last April and are not even trotting yet. Our conference has us running with weigths on our feet.

But to entertain your question Nick, here goes.

First I make the playoffs this year. Without at least getting there, I believe it's a step backward.

Next we must resign Monta and Beans.

We must get Wright in the wieghtroom and we need him to come into camp with fire. He's got to be mentally ready to knock some guys around in Summer League and training camp. Nellie will take notice if the kids ultra agressive.

I personally would extend Baron. The backcourt of Baron and Monta is among the best in the NBA. I keep that strength by bringing Baron back. But having said that, I need Baron to play along and be willing to accept that we can't give him 20 mil.

Jax isn't going anywhere next year and we need his intangibles. He's relatively cheap, so no reason to give up on him.

Al is great from a chemistry standpoint and is versatile enough to keep around. But I would include him in a deal for a can't miss big guy. His price is right in line for what he does, so no complaints.

I keep Barnes.

Azu can stay or be used in a deal to get bigger. Not sure, but would have to wait and see what's available.

Ultimately we'd have to get lucky in order to be in position to win a title. Most title winners have got lucky and drafted a big.

Detroit took a malcontent and won a championship. That's another rout to look at.

Miami traded for the biggest of the bigs, but they stole Wade in the draft that year and without him they don't win with just Shaq.

Of the players that might be out there Brand is the most intriguing. He's one of the guys who could take us into the Championship discussion. If it were shown that he would be interested in us, then I try and get him at the cost of Biedrins.

If it's between Brand and Beans I go Brand every single time. Let's say we pulled off a miracle and got Brand.

Baron
Ellis
Jax
Brand
(Insert center here)

Al, Wright, Barnes, Azu, Belli (if he pulls his head out), Obee (if Nellie pulls his head out).

You put a guy like Brand on our current squad and we're amongst the top in the league.

Without a big of that caliber, then we're in the level below.

Problem with your post Nick, was that you practically blew the team up. We have a nice team, we just need to get lucky and find the missing link.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors