ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors still mediocre

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#41 » by St.Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Sorry Mylie, I was being facetious with my "plan" to prove a point about there being no realistic way to make us a surefire championship team.

It was in response to the naysayers that like to rip on us for "only" being an 8 seed and believe that if we aren't winning it all then we are just wasting time.

I'll do it in green font next time.
MasuWarrior
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by MasuWarrior » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:13 am

I think we could get Brand without trading away Biedrins. Mullin has to persuade Biedrins, Ellis, AND Baron to resign for moderate contracts. I know I know, not very likely, but that's the only way to do it. Brand is not going to be the same player after this major injury, but he will definitely still be effective and probably resign for a smaller contract. With Brand at the four, we stand a legitimate chance to win the championship.

Baron/CJ
Ellis/Azu
Jax/Barnes
Brand/Al
Biedrins/Brandan

Or the W's could wait for BWright to develop into an All-Star....?
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#43 » by The_Believer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:08 am

Baron + Brand = :clap:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#44 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Brands getting paid and the Clippers can offer him the most. He's not giving anybody deals. Regardless of what happened with his injury, this is Brands first opportunity to grab the cash and go where he wants.

With Livingston, Mobley, Kaman, Thorton, there having Brand back makes for a nice starting five. He probably stays.

Philly is gonna have a ton of money to spend as well, so if it's purely money, I don't think we can get near him.

He would have to really want to come in here.

Fingers crossed.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#45 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Brand's not on the market... he'd be a fool to walk away from 1 year and 16 million... even if he's not healthy next year he'll still get paid in FA...

We could try trading for him (Baron) but the Clips have Livingston still and would likely want Wright in addition... I would be ok with Wright/Baron for Livi/Brand though... if Livingston is healthy, he's one G I wouldnt mind pairing up with Ellis for the next 5+ :nod:
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 pm

If the Warriors go 3-3 in their first six games then 31-15 sounds damn good.

The crying over the Warriors record is assinine.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#47 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 am

My roadmap to the Championship:

This summer, Baron and Biedrins suffer season-ending, but non career-threatening injuries. Warriors have a hard time winning more than 20 games, but Wright and Beli rack up lots of minutes, and show they've got game. Warriors get one of the top few picks and draft an impact big man. Warriors extend Baron on the cheap, because he sat out most of the prior season. Baron and Biedrins come back at full strength, and one or two solid vets (the Grant Hill types) sign with the Warriors on the cheap, because they're still running and gunning and everything is looking up with Baron and Beidrins back, and with the development of the young guys.

Voila! Warriors are contenders.

Might sound like a stretch, and you certainly don't plan your future around wanting guys to get injured! But it's not as ludicrous as it sounds... in fact isn't that pretty much how San Antonio got to the top?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#48 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:34 am

St.Nick wrote:I see Portland and LA dropping a few notches. I see Utah coming up in the race. I'm anxious to see what happens in Houston with T-Crack in the lineup again.

Agree...Lakers lose again...to a pretty average Cavs team....That's three in a row now right?

Portland barenly beat Atlanta....and I think they have sort of shot their wad for the year.....

Houston is just plain not that good. Warriors match up with them well and either Tracy or Yao are going to be injured off and on the rest of the year.

Kings are in a hole and Artest is acting out again....Once Bibby is traded the season will be realistically over.

Warriors SHOULD make a run right now....and should find themselfs in 4th in the West by end of Feb.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by The_Believer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 am

4th in West? I like that, but could it really happen? I hate bringing this up, but a healthy Clips team is monstrous, and who knows, even the kings might leapfrog ppl (like us last year).
MbengaforMVP
Freshman

Post#50 » by MbengaforMVP » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 am

The Warriors aren't mediocre, they're inconsistent, and it's mostly a mental problem from what I can tell. Nellie needs to stop hitting the bottle and start threatening to bench Baron and Jackson when they're tossing up those bad circus shots (unless they're going in, of course). Both of them will get the message soon enough, and the team will be far better off as a result.

PS: trade Pietrus
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 am

MbengaforMVP wrote:The Warriors aren't mediocre, they're inconsistent, and it's mostly a mental problem from what I can tell. Nellie needs to stop hitting the bottle and start threatening to bench Baron and Jackson when they're tossing up those bad circus shots (unless they're going in, of course). Both of them will get the message soon enough, and the team will be far better off as a result.

PS: trade Pietrus

What did your name used to be?
Khoee wrote “
MbengaforMVP
Freshman

Post#52 » by MbengaforMVP » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:02 am

Mylie10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What did your name used to be?

I didn't have one. I'm a long time lurker who finally decided to register for the forums.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:06 am

Welcome aboard, now get me some coffee.
Khoee wrote “
MbengaforMVP
Freshman

Post#54 » by MbengaforMVP » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:08 am

Mylie10 wrote:Welcome aboard, now get me some coffee.

Never! You get ME some coffee! An espresso, a good one...none of that Starbucks crap! :evil:
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#55 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 am

Mylie's name used to be Wendy.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:53 am

jrhester wrote:Mylie's name used to be Wendy.

What's that supposed to mean?

Is that funny?

Do you know me?
Khoee wrote “
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#57 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:59 am

Just joshing, 'cause you asked what Mbenga's name used to be. But I have a stupid sense of humor like that.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#58 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm disappointed with the team's home court record. Maybe they play too relaxed at home and end up digging themselves into some pretty big holes before they start playing well.

If we are mediocre, then so are most of the teams in the West playoff race.

Western Conference
Team GB
1. * New Orleans --
2. * Phoenix --
3. Dallas 1.0
4. * Denver 5.0
5. San Antonio 2.5
6. LA Lakers 3.5
7. Golden State 5.0
8. Portland 5.5
9. Utah 5.5
10. Houston 7.5
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#59 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm

hi. my team stinks this year.
i'm having more fun watching yours.

unfortunately i don't get to see a lot of Warriors games in Chicago + i have a 6 month old so i need to go to sleep early.

but when i get up i find myself reading the recap on the Warriors games first instead of another depressing Bulls Box score.

i think i've just fallen in love with Monta Ellis. I already had a crush on Baron but this backcourt combo of Davis/Ellis is simply dynamite.

so i'm boarding the GSW bandwagon now if you guys don't mind.
there is room on there, correct?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#60 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:35 pm

There is plenty of room on the Bandwagon, since most of the loyalist having been riding on the side boards...

Return to Golden State Warriors