And1: 274

Post#2 » by Hopper15 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:18 pm

Incoming.... :rowell:
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#3 » by KR4 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:56 pm

HA!!!!

I just thought I'd turn 180 degrees and start this thread opposing the original "LOSE BARON?" thread.

Great game last night. It was probably the best overall game we've had all year.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#4 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:24 pm

I honestly don't see how we can do that at $20mil.

He's having a fantastic season and playing through bumps and bruises as never before. He's definitely putting it all on display, and it all looks really good this year, but on some level, you have to consider the real liklihood of him repeating this year's performance (assuming he does go the distance at this impressive level.)

If we were to miraculously grab a ring this year? then all bets are off. You don't let the best player on a championship team leave at his age (even with an old body.)

But, short of that, it would be very important to pay Baron no more than $15MM (unless all the other championship pieces have already been locked into place and it's just a matter of lux tax.) Last night's game was awesome, but we're defintiely not at the point yet where we can say this roster is all we're going to need.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Baron's going to even better next season because GSW will have more national TV games.

I say keep Baron, Monta, Brandan, Andris, Stephan, Matt, Al, Chris, Austin, Kosta, Patrick :cry: ,

Dump the D leaguer gaurds

Dump the trainwreck

Trade Marco and our pick to move up in the name of Love.

Sign GP as head coach
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#6 » by yehyeh82 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm

LF75 wrote:Sign GP as head coach

I'm more of a Moncrief fan myself...
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
Slim Jones
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Slim Jones » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 pm

C'mon, we all should have known Baron would play this well, in a contract season. No reason to gloat when he plays well, because you are dumbass if you thought he wouldn't...

I am a proponent of going after Gilby, and letting Baron go. But for this arguement's sake, let's just focus on Baron.

If Baron is amiable to a very nice salary, but not a burdensome salary, then I would like to have him back. He is great in the clutch, great on national tv, and great in the playoffs. He is straight Hollywood, so he plays better when the bright lights are on. Conveniently, the playoffs are basketball's biggest stage.

But we need Baron to agree to a decent contract so that we can accomodate a strong supporting cast that will help get us to the spotlight. He makes money in other ventures like: music, movies, yardbarker, tmobile, etc. I will get him a shoe deal if he is really strapped for money. But $15 is the max we can logistcally pay him and still surround him with ballers; I would like him to sign for less.

Baron should swallow his pride, and sign for a deal that is similar to Nash or Tony Parker's ($11-13 mill per season). This is an opportunity to show his true colors: give up a little cash to win a championship, or break the bank and have a playoff ceiling of the 1st or 2nd round.
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#8 » by MightyReds2020 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 pm

This will be a tough test for Mullin because either way, the Warriors will more likely or not lose - keep: health & financial problems; leave: well...

I guess that's why he's paid millions to figure out situations like this. I think we'll keep Baron, hopefully at lesser price though I am totally not banking on that to happen. We could probably make noise in next 2 seasons before everything faded and we say "hi, long time no see" to our old friend that goes by the name of "ineptitude" unless Monta and Beans could develop into something special. :evil:
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#9 » by KR4 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm

MightyReds2020 wrote:This will be a tough test for Mullin because either way, the Warriors will more likely or not lose - keep: health & financial problems; leave: well...

I guess that's why he's paid millions to figure out situations like this. I think we'll keep Baron, hopefully at lesser price though I am totally not banking on that to happen. We could probably make noise in next 2 seasons before everything faded and we say "hi, long time no see" to our old friend that goes by the name of "ineptitude" unless Monta and Beans could develop into something special. :evil:

The way they've been playing it seems they have.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#10 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:42 pm

Slim Jones wrote:I am a proponent of going after Gilby, and letting Baron go. But for this arguement's sake, let's just focus on Baron.

I have no idea why we would invest Max money in Gilbert. He's not half the player that his box score says he is. The wiz are proving that every day.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#11 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 pm

IMO that Baron will not opt out of his contract and there will be another year to make a decision on him.

I would stay clear of Gilbert, as I think he is going to cost too much, plus we won't have the cap room to even think about it. IMO he ends up in Clipper land.

GP as coach...rather he get his feet wet tearing some other team to pieces first. I use caution regarding star players and their first coaching gigs.
Tekguy17
Ballboy

Post#12 » by Tekguy17 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Baron's the best we've had. Even better than Timmy. I wouldn't trade him for Kobe OR Lebron
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by crzy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 pm

I love Gilbert Arenas, but the chances of us getting him are slim to none. If Baron Davis plays 82 games this season, he definitely deserves an extension in the range of $16-$17 mil per year. I want a Monta Ellis+Baron Davis backcourt for the next 6 years.
GuitarMan
Junior

Post#14 » by GuitarMan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Tekguy17 wrote:Baron's the best we've had. Even better than Timmy. I wouldn't trade him for Kobe OR Lebron

OK, I love Baron (despite his shortcomings), but... :noway:
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#15 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 pm

Baron will not opt out, and this summer the Warriors will extend him. As it should be.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#16 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:04 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have no idea why we would invest Max money in Gilbert. He's not half the player that his box score says he is. The wiz are proving that every day.

i disagree...a healthy Gil, the Wizards would be in the elite group in the East with Detroit and the Clovers.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#17 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:17 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i disagree...a healthy Gil, the Wizards would be in the elite group in the East with Detroit and the Clovers.
the wizards frontline would get crushed in 4 against either the C's or P's
GilArenas88
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by GilArenas88 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 12:34 am

Not really, Haywood, Blatche, and Jamison have done a great job this season against the C's as for Detroit we need Gilbert to be able to beat them, we swept them last year, but when hes out their backcourt has a sever advantage over ours...
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#19 » by Sid the Squid » Fri Feb 1, 2008 12:37 am

GilArenas88 wrote:Not really, Haywood, Blatche, and Jamison have done a great job this season against the C's as for Detroit we need Gilbert to be able to beat them, we swept them last year, but when hes out their backcourt has a sever advantage over ours...
please go away homer...we like rational talk here from our visitors.
acidicality
Junior

Post#20 » by acidicality » Fri Feb 1, 2008 1:59 am

u gotta be kiddin me if u dont think u'd take lebron ....if the cavs wanted to give up lebron u don't even think about it. kobe on the other hand...i dont think he's a good fit here for some reason.

Return to Golden State Warriors