ImageImageImageImageImage

CWebb practice video

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Onyros
Starter
And1: 10

Post#21 » by Onyros » Fri Feb 1, 2008 12:59 pm

Want that crow well roasted or will you eat it raw?
DUMP JACKSON! (formerly DUMP DAMP --> DUMP HARRINGTON --> DUMP CRAWFORD --> DUMP JACKO --> DUMP MAGGETTE. Don't wanna break my mojo)
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:28 pm

dem warriors wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

looks like we've come upon a negative nancy...or maybe even a bitter betty

More like Debbie Downer.....wah, wah
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#23 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:32 pm

Mayor Baron wrote:liked what i saw in cwebb....didnt like the defense POB was playing :nonono:

Yeah POB, get up on CWebb and block his shot.

That would go over real well in his first half court run through with the B Squad. You think Obee's in the Dog house now? Imagine the toungue lashing he'd get for shutting Web down in the first practice.

Might have been the smartest move yet, (giving Web room) by the youngster.

You never know how these thins work out. with Webber working with the young bigs, you might get to see something from Obee or Kosta in practice, that wasn't being noticed before.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Souvlaki » Fri Feb 1, 2008 6:23 pm

LOL at Jackson. Yeah, Jax, maybe now you won't have to do your silly one on one plays where you dribble the ball beetween your legs INADVERTENTLY and turn it over.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#25 » by Souvlaki » Fri Feb 1, 2008 6:26 pm

All I remember from Webber's last game vs the Warriors was that I laughed my ass off at him because he was pathetically bad and his coach had a hard time keeping him on the floor.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#26 » by DLeagueAllStars » Fri Feb 1, 2008 7:09 pm

Souv, your avatar cracks me up everytime I see.. Swear I spend like 2-5 minutes just watching it over and over again
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#27 » by Hopper15 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:27 am

Pootie41
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Pootie41 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:21 pm

People who are worried that Webber can't play in Nellie's system need to realize that Nellie has played guys like Shawn Bradley and Danny Fortson in his system and these guys don't have half the offensive talent C Webb does and are just as slow if not slower.

Also, Biedrins ability to shot block and the other players defensive ability around Cwebb like Baron and Jackson will be a great fit.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#29 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:05 am

My questions:

1. Can Webber emotionally handle playing less than 20 minutes a game?

2. Can Webber at this age be a better back up Center than Harrington, Croshere, Jackson, Pietrus and POB.

POB is the only one of those guys who looks like a Center, but for what ever the reason Nelson won't play him and Cohan won't pay him. I swear POB looks like an above average NBA big man, but I felt the same way about Keon Clark, Clifford Rozier and Carlos Rogers.

Croshere is a power forward which makes him bigger than Harrington who is a 3/4 tweener. Croshere is injured, getting older and is not much younger than Webber.

Jackson does better than I would expect defending big guys but ......

I don't mind seeing Pietrus foul out but otherwise playing pietrus at Center is like playing Jackson at Center.

So Harrington is the back up Center by default unless Webber can change that. Nelson values offense so much that he has been giving Harrington some minutes that I think should go to Biedrins. I don't like conceding that in the playoff the opposing team will torture the Warriors on the defensive boards. I hope Webber can help.

As far as playing Webber at Power Forward next to Biedrins, I doubt that Webber is good enough at this age to give Webber Harrinton's or Barnes's power forward minutes. The over all team speed that makes the scrambling turnover forcing defense work would be reduced with Webber at Power forward. The floor spacing created by having a good 3 point shooter at the power forward spot would be reduced if Webber and Biedrins played together. Webber can stick the 3 but not as well as Harrington and Barnes. If I were the other team I might allow Webber to shoot open 3s. I would Have Webber's defender sag and help clog the middle if Webber was beyond the arch. You do have to defend Webber's mid range shots. When baron rests, letting Webber run the half court offense from the high post might be a good idea.
suka2000
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#30 » by suka2000 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:09 am

I think Webber is a better passer than Harrington.

I wonder if him and Andris can play together. You guys know that Andris knows how to get open...

Return to Golden State Warriors