Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#421 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:33 am

...and now it's over.
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#422 » by NuWarriors » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:34 am

floppymoose wrote:Isiah Thomas is very conscious of his own lips.

The better to try to plant a kiss on Anucha Browne Sanders without her consent...
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#423 » by zero » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:35 am

man. oh well. we'll see how things play out in the end.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#424 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:52 am

Now I see why the knicks fans call him Crawful. He shot the Knicks out of the game.

Not much of game tonight but it was good to see Beli and Wright play well in garbage time. I felt bad for J Rich, you just know he wanted to play well tonight.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#425 » by St.Nick » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:58 am

Great game thread, guys. I can't wait to watch this one on NBA LP Archive.

Anyone notice our $400k #23 outscoring our former $60M #23...?

CJ Watson= 11pts
J-Rich= 10 pts (2-9 fg's)

Is there anyone in the house that still believes we shouldn't have made the big trade on draft day last year?
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#426 » by DIO » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:14 am

bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#427 » by bballguy50 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:48 am

Sweet dunk and vid.
crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#428 » by crzy » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:19 am

That waS Such a SICK GAME. I was there live in the GSOM blog section

MAN When J-Rich was introduced the crowd went nuts, and the building aslo went crazy when B-Right through down that nasty dunk.

:clap: :clap:

So far the W's are 4-0 when I'm attendance.

And we've won the last 6 times I made the game thread :clap: :)
Mayor Baron
Junior
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#429 » by Mayor Baron » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:07 am

crzyyafrican wrote:

all in favor of crzyyafrican making the game threads from now on? (no offense to sleepy and mistatwo's game threads) :lol: :nod:
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#430 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:33 am

LF75 wrote:Steinmitz and Hu bug me because their not even basketball lovers...Go get a job with Microsoft...Give somebody with passion for the game the job

Steinmetz actually PLAYS the game. What's he supposed to do, be a cheerleader?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#431 » by turk3d » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:34 pm

crzyyafrican wrote:That waS Such a SICK GAME. I was there live in the GSOM blog section

MAN When J-Rich was introduced the crowd went nuts, and the building aslo went crazy when B-Right through down that nasty dunk.

:clap: :clap:

So far the W's are 4-0 when I'm attendance.

We need to chip in and buy you season tickets.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#432 » by BROWN » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:35 pm

crzyafricann ur doing all our game threadsss! yeeee
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#433 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh, and CJ is crap.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#434 » by turk3d » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:27 pm

This was by far the best game that CJ has played imo. I was very hesitant on giving him the thumbs up. The thing that impressed me the most was that he showed for the first time that he DOES have true point guard ball handling skills which I was uncertain of.

He looks as though he may be the answer to our 3rd string problem. I was concerned that he might be more of a 2 than a competent 1. Another definite plus for us coming into the second half of the season.

Appears that the FO made a good decision in signing him for the remainder of the season rather than bringing in GP. CJ seems to have the necessary point guard skills.

Edit: I didn't see you posts about CJ in the other thread Sleepy. I guess we're in disagreement on this one. I liked what I saw of CJ yesterday. I realize it was garbage time for the most part but I thought he did a decent job. Could have been better of course, but we kept the score with him in there. I guess we'll have to see how it goes down the road. He's better than I originally thought.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#435 » by MightyReds2020 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:33 pm

^^^CJ is NOT a point guard.
DeeZi
Sophomore

Post#436 » by DeeZi » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm going to agree w/ Turk despite the negative comments towards CJ. When he came in, Charlotte was playing its worst defense of the game. CJ has shown ability to set others up but no one was moving when he came in (not his fault) and Charlotte's defense was porous. He did what he should do and pick his spots and take advantage of them. If you subbed him in in the first qtr when both teams were trying to initiate their offense, I think he would've done a fine job. But don't get on him during garbage time when he's taking advantage of what he should.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#437 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm not sure which CJ you guys were watching. I saw a guy pulling the old Summer League routine. He looked just like Pierre Pierce. A small guard with mediocre handle and poor vision trying to fill it up to prove "he blongs" and not at all interested in using the tools the rest of the team brings to the floor.

Did you guys like Pierce in SL also? That would explain the difference of opinion.

He looked very bad as far as "PG stuff" to me (and against about the worst competition he could face in the NBA.) Remember, our 3rd string PG isn't just here to waive a towel, or get Baron 3-5 minutes of rest per game.

The 3rd string PG is injury/foul trouble insurance to share the spot with Monta should Baron be unavailable for extended minutes or an extended period. The guy in that spot is not going to replicate Baron's scoring production. A D league gunner is not going to be able to come in here and put up the per minute points we would need in Baron's absence against real teams in non-garbage time. The way a 3rd PG will help us, is if they can effectively increase the production of the OTHER players on the floor to fill the gap. CJ is not that guy.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#438 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:14 pm

MightyReds2020 wrote:^^^CJ is NOT a point guard.

Most defintiely not.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#439 » by turk3d » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:24 pm

4-8, 11 pts, 1-1 in 3s, 2-2 fts, 3 rbs, 2 ast and 0 tos in 18 minutes, I'm fine with that for our 3rd string point, especially considering how little we're paying him.

As far as Pierre goes, I didn't really see him, although it seems that a number of board members like what they saw. It was just his character that was the problem for many, and maybe his tendency to want to shoot too much (if I remember correctly). CJ has thus far not shown that propensity to chuck a lot, which is one of the things which is one of things which is making me less desirous of having someone else there. Are guys like Cassell and J-Will better than him? I suppose, but not sure how well they would fit into our chemistry and sure they would cost us a lot more. Also durability would be somewhat of a question mark in either of their cases (which I don't think is an issue as far as CJ is concerned). I agree that the jury is still somewhat out on CJ, but I'm starting to warm more to the idea that maybe he'll fill that role for us.
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#440 » by MightyReds2020 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:31 pm

turk3d wrote:4-8, 11 pts, 1-1 in 3s, 2-2 fts, 3 rbs, 2 ast and 0 tos in 18 minutes, I'm fine with that for our 3rd string point, especially considering how little we're paying him.

As far as Pierre goes, I didn't really see him, although it seems that a number of board members like what they saw. It was just his character that was the problem for many, and maybe his tendency to want to shoot too much (if I remember correctly). CJ has thus far not shown that propensity to chuck a lot, which is one of the things which is one of things which is making me less desirous of having someone else there. Are guys like Cassell and J-Will better than him? I suppose, but not sure how well they would fit into our chemistry and sure they would cost us a lot more. Also durability would be somewhat of a question mark in either of their cases (which I don't think is an issue as far as CJ is concerned). I agree that the jury is still somewhat out on CJ, but I'm starting to warm more to the idea that maybe he'll fill that role for us.

You have throw away the stats. The offense went completely stagnant when the "ran" the team in second quarter. Sleepy brought up a good name - Pierre Pierce. CJ looked totally like Pierce during summer league.

In 4th-quarter garbage time, CJ didn't actually run the team. Belli ran it and CJ played off the ball more often than not and was the recipient of good "last" passes and which he scored.

To be fair, CJ wasn't playing like last night earlier on. He was maybe a little bit over himself last night.

Return to Golden State Warriors