And1: 15,770

Davis + Ellis now the best player pair for GS 

Post#1 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:13 am

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#2 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:13 am

Warriors are the only team where their best player pair is all backcourt.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:21 am

Ellis is quickly catching *the boss* ..It may not be much longer..

Jack's been playing fantastic the last couple games....Good to see him healthy and cutting down on the early contested 3's.....

Biedrins has been amazing of late...It's a close 4 way battle right now..

I think Monta benifits the most by having Webber being the center of our halfcourt offense...Baron the least..I could see friction coming soon...

If Biedrins still gets his 28 minutes..He's going rock the house down with Webber on the high post and helping him with D and on the boards...

Andris should actually get more minutes with Webber on the team...I dont trust Nellie though..I could AB becoming a regular on the bench...

Baron's going to have a rough few weeks.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#4 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:26 am

LF75 wrote:Biedrins has been amazing of late...It's a close 4 way battle right now..

If you look at the numbers for all the roster, after Baron (who is waaaay out in front at +15), Monta, Stephen, Al, and Beans are all right together in the +5 to +6 territory.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#5 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:34 am

LF75 wrote:Ellis is quickly catching *the boss* ..It may not be much longer..

Hell yes he is.. if his teammates would give him anywhere near a 33% PA converted, people would be screaming about what a great PG he is..

If Monta becomes that franchise player, and he is seemingly on his way exceptionally quicker than most expected, Baron loses that leverage...

It's exciting to see what Monta could bring to the table... all he really needs to work on is his handle and taking better routes against screens, and he's a marquee player...

The future just looks obscenely good... Tay/Wright/Dre as a core is just a trio of uber-athletic freaks... if we can keep those 3 (and in Wright's case, see the floor), the W's will have one amazing run n gun team. Whats even more encouraging is that all 3 of those players -could- hold their own in halfcourt sets as well, and still maintain a good offense..

Every time Monta makes a marked improvement its taking a step away from the chuck-happy 3pt shooters... cannot wait :nod:
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#6 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:34 am

Here the last 10 games

1. Biedrins .291 +/-/MIN

2. Ellis .212

3. Davis .208

4. Harrington .198

5. Jackson .162 (but he had that terrible pain in his toe)
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#7 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:59 am

I would disagree... Cwebb in the half court allows Baron to have someone else run the show and give Baron a breather.

I don't see any Andris Biedrins- Baron style connections between Baron and Cwebb.... but if he didn't want it, he should not have lobbied for Cwebb to come back out here to begin with.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:35 am

LF, I lost my link to where you get those numbers. Post it once more and I'll bookmark it.

One thing I do remember about that site is that the last10 numbers are last 10 games the player played, not the last 10 games that the team played. So you have to be careful comparing players if one (or both) sat out games recently.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:25 am

Its at NBA.com... go to stats, go to team +/-, the Warriors, and then last 10 games... (its under Lenovo stats)

Or click here:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/lenovo/le ... m=Warriors
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:42 am

Fun w/ Lenovo:

+/-/MIN leaders, all included:

#1 Monta Ellis / Kosta Perovic (1.125) - 3 min :D
#2 Al Harrington / DJ Mbenga (1.063) - 21 min :o
#3 Monta Ellis / Troy Hudson (.790) - 6 min
#4 Al Harrington / Austin Croshere (.569) - 53 min
#5 Troy Hudson / Baron Davis (.452) - 49 min :lol:

Ok... now onto the real leaders (100 min)

#1 Monta Ellis / Andris Biedrins (.383) - 232 min
#2 Steven Jackson / Andris Biedrins (.365) - 224 min
#3 Al Harrington / Andris Biedrins (.342) - 152 min
#4 Baron Davis / Andris Biedrins (.303) - 230 min

28 mpg... :roll:

#5 Baron Davis / Monta Ellis (.279) - 319 min
#6 Steven Jackson / Monta Ellis (.267) - 330 min
#7 Al Harrington / Monta Ellis (.217) - 230 min
#8 Al Harrington / Baron Davis (.210) - 252 min
#9 Steven Jackson / Baron Davis (.193) - 325 min

Bottom 5:

#10 Matt Barnes / Andris Biedrins (.182) - 109 min
#11 Steven Jackson / Matt Barnes (.172) - 214 min
#12 Matt Barnes / Monta Ellis (.147) - 223 min
#13 Baron Davis / Matt Barnes (.087) - 228 min
#14 Steven Jackson / Al Harrington (.082) - 241

Of note:

Baron Davis / Mikael Pietrus (.352) - 91 min
Monta Ellis / Mikael Pietrus (.061) - 97 min

One player maxes at .103 ... take a guess...

Wish it was 10PM :sigh: Bored, waiting for a poker tourney
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#11 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:05 am

Yes, what those numbers say is that it would be Baron/Andris as the best GSW combo on the 82games page I listed, if only Andris had more minutes. That page is ranking by total +-, not +-/min, so more plaiyng time helps if you are good.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#12 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:17 am

Now that Monta is breaking out as a creator for others...Who do you think is the smarter player? Baron or Monta...I dont know..I think if Baron really understood his strengths and weaknesses, his career FG% wouldnt be nearly as low as it is...Baron also doesnt find Andris enough...All of a sudden Monta's making the effective pass to AB15 down by the hoop...Enough for me to question who's the smarter gaurd? Monta..That little sh*t is shocking me this year..His shot selection isnt just good..It's out of this fricken world..Complete opposite of Baron (who has improved)..

Defensively Baron still has the edge..He's craftier..But now I'm thinking Tay will become one hell of a defender as he hit his middle 20's..The kid has a bball brain..

The big one is on court leadership...Baron has become a quality leader with Jack by his side...Baron brings it defensively almost every night..I'm just so impressed with his intensity level in 80% of the warriors games...

Two different players...Maybe they should stay together for the next 5 years? I just don't see how we can afford both of them and still be able ot pay for a quality frontline.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#13 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:39 am

LF75 wrote:Two different players...Maybe they should stay together for the next 5 years? I just don't see how we can afford both of them and still be able ot pay for a quality frontline.

Ellison?
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:09 am

LF75 wrote:Now that Monta is breaking out as a creator for others...Who do you think is the smarter player? Baron or Monta...I dont know..I think if Baron really understood his strengths and weaknesses, his career FG% wouldnt be nearly as low as it is...Baron also doesnt find Andris enough...All of a sudden Monta's making the effective pass to AB15 down by the hoop..

Two different players...Maybe they should stay together for the next 5 years? I just don't see how we can afford both of them and still be able ot pay for a quality frontline.

I challenge the duel here:

Monta is becoming a bullet passer and good at it, but teams are ESPECIALLY playing Baron's pick n roll with Andris hard. If you watch closely he RARELY gets a 2 on 2 pick n roll with Andris; they crowd it and scout it very well since last season. If you recall in the previous year Baron had a lot of nice feeds to Dre.
Everyone but Baron can feed Dre now: Jax, Tay, Harrington..
And as a result, Baron takes a lot more layups now.

As for Baron and Monta staying together, I really like this combo. This would allow Baron to "age well" as him transforming into a SG would allow him to lose some of his speed without much of a repercussion. Signing Monta to a Sjax/Artest type Contract is ideal... and very important = less than 8-10 mil a year.

We get that, I see no issues in keeping both.
nbenmargi
Senior

Post#15 » by nbenmargi » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:24 am

I have a feeling Monta is going to want more than 10 mil/year.

Kevin Martin just signed an 11 mil/year contract and Monta has much more potential than Martin in my opinion.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:40 am

Kevin Martin is also a "TRUE" Sg....

Monta is still a tweener at the end of the day. Those extra 3 inches (not the ones found on a bottle) are worth 2 mill a year more.

Ask Pietrus.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 10:02 am

floppymoose wrote:Yes, what those numbers say is that it would be Baron/Andris as the best GSW combo on the 82games page I listed, if only Andris had more minutes. That page is ranking by total +-, not +-/min, so more plaiyng time helps if you are good.

Its on the same page... If you want it to go top to bottom, I dont think there's a way to do that... if so, I dont know it..

Return to Golden State Warriors