ImageImage

Noel Waived

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#41 » by emunney » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:12 pm

It doesn't translate 100%... in other words, if we expected him to come in and shoot the same 49% from 3 we'd be disappointed. But I'll bet he latches on somewhere and shoots close to 40%, which is certainly NBA caliber. I'll bet the Warriors take a look at him.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#42 » by Andrew34r » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Fort Minor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If everyone thought like that, making the D-League the NBA's minor league system would've been pointless.

But nonetheless, he improved his shooting most of all. Shooting translates whether he's in the D-League or nBA.

Okay. Fair enough. I just didnt see him coming into the NBA and suddenly shooting the lights out just because he did in the D-League. I mean its not exactly difficult to score points in the NBDL...teams consitently put up 135 points a game with no name scrubs scoring 40. If he signs on with another team and shows significant improvement I will be the first to say I was wrong but I dont see that happening.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#43 » by Fort Minor » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:15 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:He never wanted to go to Tulsa, but once he got there he really liked it.. and said he didn't want to come back to the Bucks. He felt slighted because he was playing hard on the practice floor and thought he was playing better than our two other SF's but couldn't get a minute of time. So he just didn't want to come back here and wants a chance to play for a team that's willing to give him a chance.

So he was unhappy? He should've fit right in, then.

Do we have anyone of the team that is happy other than Royal Ivey and Desmond Mason (who would be happy even if the apocalypse fell upon the earth)?
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#44 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Fort Minor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So he was unhappy? He should've fit right in, then.

Do we have anyone of the team that is happy other than Royal Ivey and Desmond Mason (who would be happy even if the apocalypse fell upon the earth)?
He liked a lot of the guys, he just wanted an opportunity to play and wasn't getting it here.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#45 » by Fort Minor » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Andrew34r wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Okay. Fair enough. I just didnt see him coming into the NBA and suddenly shooting the lights out just because he did in the D-League. I mean its not exactly difficult to score points in the NBDL...teams consitently put up 135 points a game with no name scrubs scoring 40. If he signs on with another team and shows significant improvement I will be the first to say I was wrong but I dont see that happening.

I agree with that. I don't think he would've came in a shot the lights out, either, but maybe down the road he could've been a good bench player, so this didn't make any sense to me. But of course we know now that it was because he didn't want to be here.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#46 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Another second round steal. [Bust out that signature]

Was surprised he was drafted, I would have liked to have seen other players taken at our spot but it's a minimal complaint for this organization. I do agree that the timing is peculiar as Noel is doing relatively well at the moment and I don't think he got a fair shake to open the year here (injury aside) as they went out and signed Storey.
Go Bucks!
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#47 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:24 pm

I
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#48 » by showtimesam » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't really get it, this team blows, and at least noel can run and jump (which simmons can't do) so it wouldn't have hurt to give him some minutes.

Why not play guys like noel and sessions minutes the rest of the year and see what happens.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm hearing we're trading the rights to Ilyasova and our lottery pick for Markota and two paper bags. One for the fan revolt and one to hide Markota's booze in.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#50 » by DMBucks22 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:18 pm

at least he got quality minutes this year.

Who remembers this, David noels goals for the season.

"Play in every game" and "play in the soph/rook game"
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#51 » by unklchuk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Liked the players; seemingly didn't like the franchise. What's to like?

Why hang around a franchise that squanders talent, makes lousy basketball decisions based on private agendas and ignorance, and thinks a fair shake is something you bring back for staff meetings from MacDonald's.
AFAIK, IDKM
Durbanfish4
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#52 » by Durbanfish4 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Wow. I wish David Noel good luck...at least he gets a chance to play and not just sit on the bench. Like a few others have said on here already, I hope some NBA team signs him and he makes the Bucks look like what they are...fools.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#53 » by Nowak008 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:42 pm

I'm guessing it is because Harris wants to bring Noel to the next team he works for.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#54 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 pm

This is a perfect transition to tomorrow's bag night....

No Bogut.....

No Mo.....

Another second round pick tossed down the drain (Paul Milsap would have helped here)
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#55 » by DH34Phan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This is a perfect transition to tomorrow's bag night....

No Bogut.....

No Mo.....

Another second round pick tossed down the drain (Paul Milsap would have helped here)

I bet Villanueva scores at least 30.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#56 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This is a perfect transition to tomorrow's bag night....

No Bogut.....

No Mo.....

I heard Mo practiced and is supposed to play tomorrow.

Did that change?
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#57 » by kebzach » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:11 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:He never wanted to go to Tulsa, but once he got there he really liked it.. and said he didn't want to come back to the Bucks. He felt slighted because he was playing hard on the practice floor and thought he was playing better than our two other SF's but couldn't get a minute of time. So he just didn't want to come back here and wants a chance to play for a team that's willing to give him a chance.

The only problem with that logic is that he's going to be unemployed while he does his job searching. He's now just 1 of a group of about 300 that want back into the NBA.
kebzach
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by kebzach » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:13 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I heard Mo practiced and is supposed to play tomorrow.

Did that change?

Does it matter? Mo would probably rather sit out so he can hang out on the bench and laugh at his teammates like he did on Wednesday.
kebzach
Bench Warmer

Post#59 » by kebzach » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:14 pm

showtimesam wrote:I don't really get it, this team blows, and at least noel can run and jump (which simmons can't do) so it wouldn't have hurt to give him some minutes.

Why not play guys like noel and sessions minutes the rest of the year and see what happens.

Because Herb Kohl is running the show and he's too old and dumb to realize that the team sucks sucks suck.
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#60 » by Cold Crush 24 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:48 am

Please tell me the Bucks are working out a deal with another great athlete who will not live up to the hype in Gerald Green! Im sure no one here likes Green just like everyone hated Noel. But with the choices we have at SF ( I actually like Mason) I dont know why Green would not be a good idea.
Finals in 2017

Return to Milwaukee Bucks