ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#321 » by schweig » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 pm

THE DINJ wrote:My guess is that people can plan on being thrown out due to "safety concerns." They'll say you can't hide your face.

Any other guesses?

I will rip the whole front of my bag off and wear it as a stupid-ass hat for my team instead if that's their recourse.
Bernman wrote:Props to PP on hatching this plan and to Dan for doing the organizing.

How are you guys going to get the bags into the arena.......smuggle them inside your pants and extract them in the bathroom?

It wouldn't be smart to reveal that information but I'm expecting they'll try to nip it in the bud so hopefully that's not the whole thing right there at the gate. Who knows how far they'd go with "security" and patting down more than normal. Good thing I have a hollow leg that can hold up to 8 bags just in there.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#322 » by fam3381 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:53 pm

If this fails, then maybe we should have a night where everyone wears gear from our OTHER team...ie Hornets night at the Bradley Center!

They certainly couldn't kick you out for wearing that.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#323 » by Cevap » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:59 pm

hey simmons, you blow

what do you think about trading pierce and starting a build around gerald greene
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,974

Post#324 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 pm

I have it on good authority that Kohl has enlisted the help of the Secret Service for Saturday night.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#325 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:29 pm

fam3381 wrote:Sports Guy just linked this thread.

This sounds interesting: For Saturday's Celtics-Bucks battle, the Milwaukee fans on RealGM.com have organized a protest where they'll be attending the game but wearing paper bags on their heads. And you're telling me this franchise doesn't need a new GM who can get the fans excited again???? I might have to do some campaigning in Wisconsin soon. By the way, thanks to the folks at The Bucky Channel for pledging their support. I have now cornered the market on Bucks blogs. I'd also like to thank the Bucks CFO for sending the exact same automated response to every fan who e-mails the team asking the club to consider my candidacy. It's that personal touch that makes being a Bucks fan so special right now.

Awesome.

I sent him an email this morning asking him if he would be able to mention something about it PRIOR to it occurring in addition to writing up something after it actually occurs.

Looks like he was kind enough to oblige.
Bill Simmons FTW!

The assist goes to fam for getting Simmons and I in touch, something no one at ESPN seemed able to do :)

In other news, I was finally able to secure the appropriate permissions and facilities that I needed for prior to the game at Fitzgibbons so we will not after all need to use my pre-existing arrangements at VI Degrees.

Fitz has even increased his original incentive for a Bucks victory over the Celtics. He told me that if the Bucks win, he will be giving away free Guinness and free shots of Irish whiskey for the entire length of the WSSP Farmer's Insurance Basketball Post Game Show

Wow.
Granted, the Bucks will probably get smoked. But on the off chance that the Bucks somehow pull out a victory, maybe out of some sense of pride on the night of our Grocery Bag Revolt, we will all be able to get absolutely smashed after the game for free.

Yet another reason why more people should join us for this.

So be at Fitzgibbons by 6:20pm Saturday
There will be a short meeting at 6:35pm to go over some of the final details that will not be revealed until then and then we will proceed over to the Bradley Center (hopefully on the free shuttle bus, which you can also take back to Fitzgibbons after the game from the BC) about 10-15 minutes later

I really don't want people drinking before/during the game because sobriety is going to be essential to do something like this appropriately without any foolishness that could sink the whole thing, but I told Fitz that I'd revise that slightly and I would suggest that people have ONE (and only one) drink while at Fitzgibbons before the game if they so choose.
Save the rest of the drinking for AFTER the game. Then you can get as hammered as you wish. That's certainly my plan ;)
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Bucksjam
Junior

Post#326 » by Bucksjam » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Best of luck to all the bag people at the BC...on Saturday Night...

Maybe someday they will hoist a bag to the rafters to join Kareem and Oscar and all the other Buck greats...
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#327 » by Andrew34r » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:58 pm

GAD says be there at 6:20 even though knowing GAD he will roll in at about 6:45. :lol:
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#328 » by stellation » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Bogut is faking his thigh injury because he knows he isn't allowed to wear his brown paper bag on the court.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#329 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Simmons is going to be on Homer's show in about 5 minutes.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
AlvinWilliams_fan
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#330 » by AlvinWilliams_fan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:06 pm

gl guys
My Game is Raptors Basketball
FIRE BRYAN COLANGELO RIGHT NOW
Waylon Mercy wrote:DeMar please F*ck my Wife PLEASE!!!!!!!
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#331 » by DMBucks22 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:08 pm

I kind of want in on this. Can someone send me the info to nbaadema21@aol.com

Thanks
schweig
Sixth Man

Post#332 » by schweig » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Bucksjam wrote:Best of luck to all the bag people at the BC...on Saturday Night...

Maybe someday they will hoist a bag to the rafters to join Kareem and Oscar and all the other Buck greats...

Thanks, it should be fun.

The original Bernie Brewer was possibly an old guy who decided to sit on the scoreboard at County Stadium in the Brewers second or third year, as a stunt until they could draw more than 40,000 to a game. Now the only place I've ever seen anything about that was Wikipedia and I haven't talked to anyone with the Brewers who knew anything about it either. Maybe it's not true, or maybe he was just mostly forgotten. Not to really compare this to him. But it'll be a great time and good way to have some fun with this team in between watching Western Conference games on tv.

So if anyone's still considering this at all or anyone near the area you should definitely come, it's not weird like you might think meeting the faces behind the names and no one's going to be like, "Remember when you wanted to trade three first-rounders for Marbury you idiot?" or anything like that, we're all Bucks fans. I don't have a bag but I assume there'll be plenty between Nowak and Andrew, hopefully there'll be one left for me.

Email Nowak about tickets, I don't know what the status with the block is, whether there are 20 left, none left or they ordered more, but it'd be a shame if there's any chance of eating tickets on account of this. I'm going to feel obligated to help out a little if that happens because no one should have to eat a bunch of tickets for this team, so just come and fill the RGM section and have a great time. You can park free a few blocks away and the night'll be practically as cheap as your drinking.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#333 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Simmons is going to buy Sprewell's yacht and run the entire Bucks operation from there :rofl:
97-98

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#334 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Andrew34r wrote:GAD says be there at 6:20 even though knowing GAD he will roll in at about 6:45. :lol:

This is true, but I will be getting down there no later than 6pm, possibly earlier. I'm going to plan on getting downtown at 5:15pm. If I actually make it there at that time, great, I'll take care of some other business in the area.

I will give myself an absurdly large buffer that I normally wouldn't be able to. I'll be there on time.
97-98

DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#335 » by DMBucks22 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Where is everyone meeting up for this?
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#336 » by steger_3434 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is true, but I will be getting down there no later than 6pm, possibly earlier. I'm going to plan on getting downtown at 5:15pm. If I actually make it there at that time, great, I'll take care of some other business in the area.

I will give myself an absurdly large buffer that I normally wouldn't be able to. I'll be there on time.

Gad, if we do happen to get the boot from the BC how long after tipoff would you expect that to happen. That's the part that has my buddy debating this revolt.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#337 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:53 pm

steger_3434 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Gad, if we do happen to get the boot from the BC how long after tipoff would you expect that to happen. That's the part that has my buddy debating this revolt.

I strongly doubt anyone gets ejected if they follow my instructions on this.

Obviously there are no guarantees and everyone has to be prepared to be possibly ejected, but I really don't think they'll risk the kind of media coverage THAT will get.

Stop debating.

Man up.

Be there.

If you guys chicken out and back out of this, I will never forget it.
I'm counting on your group of 4 being there.

I've put myself out there quite a bit on this, and I'm counting on RealGM nation to follow through.
Don't let me down.
97-98

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#338 » by WRau1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm

No pressure or anything, Steger.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#339 » by steger_3434 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Wow, a threat form the Admiral. It's looking good Gad. He wants to play it by ear, but I'm having him come over in the afternoon where I will give him a couple of beers (not enough to get drunk, just loosen him up) and then play the Indy game where we were blown out that I saved on my DVR.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#340 » by steger_3434 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:58 pm

WRau1 wrote:No pressure or anything, Steger.

No ****, he knows where I live too.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks