GM a Team: Plz unsticky

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [FA Decision P.30] 

Post#461 » by bryant08 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:00 am

Alright guys, I believe 17/18 GMs have e-mailed me who they would like to keep/qualifying offers/preliminary offers/who they are letting go, so the remaining GMs have until Monday at midnight EST to e-mail me those. Otherwise, all their UFAs will be inserted into the pool, and the RFAs will be automatically tendered qualifying offers. We really need to get started with the actual FA period. On Tuesday, the post regarding who is opting out and what players have already chosen to stick by their teams will be posted. I am hoping that on Wednesday all these preparations are done and we can start the actual ranges of players. We will be taking a breather on Thursday, since I know many are making arrangements for the draft and what not which is acceptable.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [Anncmt p.31] 

Post#462 » by bryant08 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:23 am

Guys I'm sorry about this but I am going to be unable to post these things early in the morning tomorrow as I had planned to. A death occurred in my family (not immediate) and I will have to attend with the ceremony beginning at 10PM and I will have to visit these people's house after. I will try and post it ASAP when I return.
Jugs
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [*Read* p.31] 

Post#463 » by Jugs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:39 pm

My Free Agent information is on my roster page

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=757205&p=15896361#p15896361
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [*Read* p.31] 

Post#464 » by bryant08 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Unfortunately the Boston/Orlando GMs had to back out and we'll have to find replacements. The Jazz are also in need of a replacement GM. Nevertheless, here is the information you guys have been waiting for:

Players opting out/exercising their early termination options:
James Posey
Kelenna Azubuike
Adonal Foyle
James Jones
Elton Brand
Corey Maggette
Gilbert Arenas

The list was much smaller than I expected, but looking at some salaries and personal matters that players have, I think for most of them staying put will be the right decision.

Players who have accepted their early offers and will be returning to their original teams:
Mickael Pietrus [5 years, $30M]
Dikembe Mutombo [1 year, $1.26M]
Eduardo Najera [3 years, $12M]
Anthony Carter [1 year, 1.15M]
Salim Stoudamire [3 year, 2.7M] (with PO on the 3rd year)

The following players were RFAs that were not tendered QOs and will become UFAs:
Robert Swift
Kirk Snyder
Awvee Storey
Shaun Livingston
Othella Harrington

The main FA page will be updated momentarily, and we will start with the top tier free agent bracket (15M+) tomorrow, so make sure you big spenders bring your wallets ;)
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [FA p.31] 

Post#465 » by bryant08 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:26 pm

A new Boston GM has been found, so we're still looking for 2 more.
dr_bugs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#466 » by dr_bugs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 am

I'll take the Utah jazz if thats OK

dr_bugs@hotmail.com
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#467 » by bryant08 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:14 am

^Sorry, there was a misunderstanding with the Utah GM and he's still aboard. The Orlando spot is still open if you're interested, we'd could really use someone to get started tomorrow.
dr_bugs
Banned User

Post#468 » by dr_bugs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:41 am

bryant08 wrote:^Sorry, there was a misunderstanding with the Utah GM and he's still aboard. The Orlando spot is still open if you're interested, we'd could really use someone to get started tomorrow.

Ok, I'll take it.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#469 » by bryant08 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

After realizing my priorities and just receiving an offer for a job for the rest of the summer on this past Friday, I am re-signing as commissioner of the league. I'm happy at some things we've accomplished, but disappointed with the overall atmosphere I had hoped to create with the game. I don't have any regrets and all of you guys are certainly characters to say the least. I've learned a lot about how the game is run through the help of many of you. I'd like to work together with some people to bring this game back within the next 6-8 months and I assure you if we do the organization level will be 10x better than it was this time.

In regards to the running of the league, roserorbust will be the league's new commissioner, and if zong and clydestudent would like to join him (which I truly hope they do, these two guys are the backbone of the league), all 3 will be the co-commissioners of the league. I have had lots of communication with roseorbust, and despite getting off to a rocky start with him, I've realized that he is the right man for the job, his knowledge is extensive and he knows how to organize/run things. He has assured me he will do his best and put in 110% into the running of the league, and I have faith this league can run smoothly without me.

In closing, it's been one big roller coaster ride guys, lots of ups and downs and twists/turns along the way. I hope you guys understand my position and we can enjoy interaction through the rest of the forums without holding any animosity. Cheers, and you guys are all very knowledgable people, I wish you good luck (let's see who wins ;)) and make sure to enjoy the rest of the game.

bryant08
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [new commish] 

Post#470 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:51 pm

I understand bryant, this is a tough job. However, can you please give us a decision on the RFAs from this past FA group, and wil roseorbust still be GM of the Sixers even though he's commish during FA?
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#471 » by Teddy KGB » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 am

Are we restarting FAs? Because I think that we should, and have all RFAs dealt with first before moving on to UFAs.
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#472 » by Raptors90102 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:24 am

ss_maverick wrote:Are we restarting FAs? Because I think that we should, and have all RFAs dealt with first before moving on to UFAs.

I think we should just continue from where Bryant left. Cuz if we start over, it will drive the salaries of the FA's higher with GM's knowing what they were signed/traded before for. No need to do that IMO. We should just continue from this point onwards.
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#473 » by skorff26 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:18 am

Can we get a statement from the new league commish as to a general idea of where we're going to start up from and when we will.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,854

Post#474 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:54 am

Hey guys, Bobcat GM here. I will be on vacation for the next week. I'm not sure if I will be able to check emails or not but if ya send offers I'll get back to ya as soon as I can.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#475 » by zong » Tue Jul 1, 2008 7:41 am

Hey everyone, I have finally arrived back in Canada after an awesome vacation, I will immediately go back to my real-life job everyday meaning I'll continue just like before (slacking off on the job by smacking out trades and proposals ;)) , and yes, I will be joining roseorbust as one of the co-comissioners of the league.

My own opinion is that we finish the league by July 30th. Your comments are also welcome on this of course.
Flix360
Banned User

Post#476 » by Flix360 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:40 am

guys sorry for inactivity, im here but im confused on

1. rfa
2. on a deal

cos i agreed principally then he changed the offer, i dont like it now...

imhere
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#477 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Fri Jul 4, 2008 7:58 pm

I don't think we have a Detroit GM right now; I emailed him (ilooklikekirk) a few days ago and he said he's not their GM anymore. Can we please get a new one?
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#478 » by zong » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:45 pm

It is with great honor that I have accepted the Philly GM's request and our former commish's request to become the interim full commish of the competition.

Currently, the issues surrounding this game is the slow-down of the FA process, one which I will solve by the end of this week.

The Free Agency process will RESTART, a decision that may not be the most popular decision among some of us, but is definitely the fairest way to go. Just imagine this as a fresh start to Free Agency.

The RFAs will be decided as early as tonight, while player options will be decided as early as tomorrow night. The way in which I will decide how RFAs and UFAs will sign mostly surrounds how detailed your emails will be. So please, I would like to DEMAND that everyone sends in their emails, especially those who are inactive, because if you do not match the RFA offers by the strict deadline I'll impose, you will be punished.

The deadline, will actually be July 9th 11:59 PM, giving everyone a fair 2 days of flexibility to match offers for their RFAs.

After RFAs, the UFA process will begin immediately, I shall follow a process in which Bryant08 had done, which is to arrange the process from the highest-paid projected FAs to the lowest (Jamison, Brand, etc etc).

roseorbust and clydestudent will continue to be the co-commissioners of the league, however, roseorbust will handle a much smaller aspect of his duties while clydestudent will handle his old duties of processing trades as well as handling vetos.

Plus, the old commish/Raptors GM Bryant08 will return to the competition as a part-time assistant to the league in terms of advising the commissioner and GMs about possible roadblocks. He will also be a factor in a arbitrary role in the judging in case there is a tie-break.

Hope this post helps solves the confusion for the moment.
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#479 » by #1knickfan » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:57 pm

Wow its good that someone mature has been given the reigns of the league it sucks to see it drag out even further. Why do we need to send emails about our RFAs again. We've already done it with Bryant and Rose. Rose had something of a complete list of what happens with the RFA decisions up so why can't we just work from there rather than have everyone email their decisions for a 3rd time.
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#480 » by zong » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:03 pm

dont worry, you wont need to send it in again, roseorbust has forwarded his emails for FAs to me thats why I said it will be decided as early as tonight, with teams having 2 days to match.

also, I've decided to implement a rule regarding S+Ts and BYCs:

For sign-and-trades in this competiton from here on out until the end of the game, heres how it will go:

1.) If you are trying to complete a 2-team sign-and-trade (i.e. Toronto trades with Boston), BYCs do not apply.

2.) If you are trying to complete a multi-team sign-and-trade (i.e. Toronto trades with Boston and Philadelphia), BYCs will be in effect for all players involved.

3.) PPPs are still in effect whether its a 2-team trade or a multi-team trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games