Community Thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Community Thread 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:36 pm

It's been a while but the random thoughts thread is back. Here you can discuss pretty much anything you want as long as it's within the RealGM forum rules and TOS. You can give your random thoughts on the rest of the league, other sports, politics, music, etc. You can even talk about what you had for breakfast if you want.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Re: Community Thread 

Post#2 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:50 pm

My first thought is what does everyone think about Tom Brady being out for the season. As a Chargers fan I now look at this season as a time to capitalize since the Pats won't be at full strength. I know the Chargers lost the first game verses the Panthers, but there's still 15 more games to go. I'm hoping for a Superbowl win.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#3 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:07 am

Tom Brady going down hurt my fantasy team but I'm looking forward to seeing how that balances the league out. That Broncos/Chargers game is going to be huge. I wish I were watching the SC game like most of you probably are right now but I've got too much work to do unfortunately.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JJ LoDuca » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:20 am

Brady going down was a beautiful thing. I root for the Chargers in the AFC (I'm a 49ers fan at heart), and like you said numba2, it leaves the door wide open for LT & Co. this postseason. More importantly, I am just damn sick of that pretty boy and his Patriots...so this should allow me a nice break.
-Ms. JJ
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:54 am

I'm loving the new avy, JJ. The quality of Sammy's ball dance is crystal clear for a little thumbnail pic. Marion's facial expression behind him makes me laugh.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by JJ LoDuca » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 am

Haha thank you, loflin. That dance actually debuted on my birthday in that win against the Suns, so I guess you could say the big balls dance is very near and dear to my heart.
-Ms. JJ
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Post#7 » by durden_tyler » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:46 am

Me, i just can't wait for the season to start... And can't wait to start cheering for my new team, the Clippers!

Outside NBA, there's more basketball here in our country as our local pro league (Philippine Basketball Association) gets underway at the start of next month--- so practically, just trying to get through this offseason so we can start talking and enjoying hoops at any level..

Also, this early, any advice where i can catch Clips games online? Our local cable channel pretty features daily NBA games but not to sure how much tv time the Clips get, we don't have league pass here so i am expecting another year of boxscoreviewinggalore--- am not whining though because i have done that since 2000--- but of course, if we can get clips of the Clippers or actual game coverage over the net why not..
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by mkwest » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 am

I don't like Tom Brady and I cannot stand the Patriots or Belichick. It was a fumble :nonono:

I don't wish injuries on players or people in general, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. It's a nice double serving of humble pie to their fans after talking all that smack last season. It'll definitely help the Chargers chances. One of the Chargers went to my high school, so I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all.

durden_tyler wrote:Me, i just can't wait for the season to start... And can't wait to start cheering for my new team, the Clippers!

Outside NBA, there's more basketball here in our country as our local pro league (Philippine Basketball Association) gets underway at the start of next month--- so practically, just trying to get through this offseason so we can start talking and enjoying hoops at any level..

Also, this early, any advice where i can catch Clips games online? Our local cable channel pretty features daily NBA games but not to sure how much tv time the Clips get, we don't have league pass here so i am expecting another year of boxscoreviewinggalore--- am not whining though because i have done that since 2000--- but of course, if we can get clips of the Clippers or actual game coverage over the net why not..

There are sites that stream live games, but we can't post them on here. You should be able to find what you're looking for by using Google.
jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#9 » by jflipclip » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Charlie Weis got Tom Brady'd this weekend.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#10 » by ClipperDomination » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 pm

USC clobbered OSU. WIth or without Beanie Wells, I think the score would have been close to the same.

Sadly, my beloved Bruins, 59-0?! WTF?! :o
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Your right, mk, that was a fumble :evil: Speaking of the Raiders, Kiffin is supposedly getting fired tomorrow according to ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3587018

Now, Davis is preparing to fire Kiffin as soon as Monday, regardless of how the visiting Raiders perform Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Mercury News has reported, citing several front-office sources.

I think that would be a huge mistake by Al Davis' old self. That Monday night game was ugly, but I still think the Raiders have improved a lot since Kiffin arrived. Good old Al.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#12 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:21 am

Hope the Chargers fans did not watch the game today :lol:

Go Eagles!!!!
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#13 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:26 am

I'm pissed on what the refs did to us. I can't put into words how frustrated I am. That game should have been ours.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by mkwest » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:09 am

Broncos were gift-wrapped that game. 2 absolutely horrible calls screwed over the Chargers.

loflin3hree5ive wrote:Your right, mk, that was a fumble :evil: Speaking of the Raiders, Kiffin is supposedly getting fired tomorrow according to ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3587018

Now, Davis is preparing to fire Kiffin as soon as Monday, regardless of how the visiting Raiders perform Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Mercury News has reported, citing several front-office sources.

I think that would be a huge mistake by Al Davis' old self. That Monday night game was ugly, but I still think the Raiders have improved a lot since Kiffin arrived. Good old Al.

Davis is apart of that special fraternity of owners that unfortunately Sterling belongs to as well. Kiffin has had his hands tied from the get go, but that's typical Al and people know to expect that coming in.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by JJ LoDuca » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:34 am

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:I'm pissed on what the refs did to us. I can't put into words how frustrated I am. That game should have been ours.

Watching the game unfold, I was just thinking-- well, at least it's not the Clippers...but damn, Chargers got shafted!!! :x
-Ms. JJ
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#16 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:07 am

This seems to be building out to be the season of the underdog in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if a WTF team won the Super Bowl.

Hopefully that carries over to the nBA in regards to the Clippers.

On another note this season in the NBA I want a (new) new champion. By this I mean if the Clippers don't win a championship I want a franchise that has never won one or hasn't done it in a very long time.

I was glad for KG, Allen, and Pierce last season to get their first, but it was still with the Celtics with all those damn titles in the past. It bores me when the same franchises keep winning titles every so often. Only random champions we got in a while where the Miami Heat.
jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#17 » by jflipclip » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Yeah, lots of "analysts" are picking the Titans to be this year's big underdog.

Chargers, yeah, that was disappointing. Didn't they start out 0-2 last year? =/
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#18 » by SD2042 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:19 pm

JJ LoDuca wrote:
thanumba2clippersfan wrote:I'm pissed on what the refs did to us. I can't put into words how frustrated I am. That game should have been ours.

Watching the game unfold, I was just thinking-- well, at least it's not the Clippers...but damn, Chargers got shafted!!! :x

The ref did screwed the call up and he admitted his mistake. San Diego should've had the ball back, but the Broncos were given the game on Sunday. On the Chargers, their defense will be affected with Merriman being out for the year. Without pass rush D that Merriman provides, other teams will take advantage and make the Chargers pay. I say the Chargers go 8-8 this season.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#19 » by ClipperDomination » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:32 pm

jflipclip wrote:Yeah, lots of "analysts" are picking the Titans to be this year's big underdog.

Chargers, yeah, that was disappointing. Didn't they start out 0-2 last year? =/

The first time since '05 they've started out 0-2.

The Chargers are still going to make the playoffs this year. Look at the rest of their schedule:

Sun 9/7 Carolina L 24-26
Sun 9/14 at Denver L 38-39
Mon 9/22 NY Jets 8:30 pm --> Win
Sun 9/28 at Oakland 4:05 pm --> Win
Sun 10/5 at Miami 1:00 pm --> Win
Sun 10/12 New England 8:15 pm --> Toss Up
Sun 10/19 at Buffalo 1:00 pm --> Toss Up
Sun 10/26 at New Orleans 1:00 pm --> Toss Up
bye
Sun 11/9 Kansas City 4:15 pm --> Win
Sun 11/16 at Pittsburgh 4:15 pm --> Toss Up
Sun 11/23 Indianapolis 8:15 pm --> Toss Up
Sun 11/30 Atlanta 4:05 pm --> Win
Thu 12/4 Oakland 8:15 pm --> Win
Sun 12/14 at Kansas City 1:00 pm --> Win
Sun 12/21 at Tampa Bay 8:15 pm --> Win (I think they win, possibly toss up)
Sun 12/28 Denver 4:15 pm --> Win

That's 9 wins right there, and with 4 toss up games, they could easily still win 11-12 games this year.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by JJ LoDuca » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:05 am

^ I like how instead of "probable loss," you say "toss up." That's the spirit of a Clippers fan right there!

But I do agree, I don't think they'll have too much trouble making the playoffs this year. Two close calls will become a chip on their shoulder, and you know what happens when teams get mad at the League. And if LT's goddamn toe ever heals up...they'll be fine.
-Ms. JJ

Return to Los Angeles Clippers