Request: Someone make a flop mix

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Request: Someone make a flop mix 

Post#1 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 pm

I've been on youtube looking up mixes, and it occured to me that there really isn't a compilation of flops. The flop is such an awesome display of basketball awareness and prowess on par with the dunk or the blocked shot. Floppers are artists who weave a web of deception; their flailing arms, the dramatic trajectories of their tumbles, the pained expressions on their faces, it's almost like a ballet.

Watching a slow motion video of Manu Ginobili or Anderson Varejao falling down on their ass in a dramatic way followed by the confused look of the person committing the foul is enough to make any grown man aroused.

The flop is even a risky proposition now! You can be fined for falling down gratuitously! It's almost like getting into a fight in the NBA!

Someone needs to make a mix commemorating these honorable heroes.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Re: Request: Someone make a flop mix 

Post#2 » by Last Guardian » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Here is a music video of the flop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjhfwVY_p8
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,412

Post#3 » by infinite11285 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88ym8vcU ... re=related

:lol:
Not what your looking for but shameful none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdERYOt ... re=related <----Worst flop ever....
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Floppers don't get the recognition they deserve! A blocked shot is a dicey proposition, because even if it's successful it could go out of bounds or into an opponent's hands, while a flop is a guaranteed turnover for the opponent! The NBA's block leader gets probably 3-4 blocks a game at most, while a seasoned flopper like Anderson Varejao or Jermaine O'Neal can fall down like 5-6 times a game!

Where is the respect for these gamesmen?
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by jzmagik » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Alfred wrote:I've been on youtube looking up mixes, and it occured to me that there really isn't a compilation of flops. The flop is such an awesome display of basketball awareness and prowess on par with the dunk or the blocked shot. Floppers are artists who weave a web of deception; their flailing arms, the dramatic trajectories of their tumbles, the pained expressions on their faces, it's almost like a ballet.

Watching a slow motion video of Manu Ginobili or Anderson Varejao falling down on their ass in a dramatic way followed by the confused look of the person committing the foul is enough to make any grown man aroused.

The flop is even a risky proposition now! You can be fined for falling down gratuitously! It's almost like getting into a fight in the NBA!

Someone needs to make a mix commemorating these honorable heroes.

:rofl:
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#6 » by Fran Vasquez » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 pm

wrestling---------> that way
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Fran Vasquez wrote:wrestling---------> that way

I sense some flop-envy? What's the matter, your team not have a pro flop artist on your team?
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#8 » by TonyMontana » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:32 pm

Manus, Raja Bells the king of flops....... I mean the best of the best.
But this AK flop has to be the funniest one I have ever seen.
B.S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2FG1WAr ... re=related
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#9 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 am

this one was good

RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Alfred » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:51 am

JellosJigglin wrote:this one was good

I agree. Top notch flop. Like a true champ, he took it one step further than he needed to. If you want to include it in the mix, you have to show the wheelchair scene followed immediately by him running back onto the court.
Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Post#11 » by Alyosha12 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm

An excellent display of offensive and defensive flops as demonstrated by the spanish national team, i know its not the NBA but we need to give credit where credit is due. Let us all bow down to the greatest flopping team in all of basketball. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKWh0DkCz8
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Alfred » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:32 pm

Alyosha12 wrote:An excellent display of offensive and defensive flops as demonstrated by the spanish national team, i know its not the NBA but we need to give credit where credit is due. Let us all bow down to the greatest flopping team in all of basketball. Enjoy:

What a reel! Man, these guys certainly know how to fall over! I liked the play where both guys fell over at the same time. That's true teamwork if I've ever seen it.

They should add flopping to the skills competition at the All-Star game. I think Rudy Fernandez might be a surprise favourite!
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#13 » by Rasheeed!!! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm

I enjoy watching the occasion flop that has some really bad acting (Chris Paul, Baron Davis) but overall flops get too annoying!
Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Post#14 » by Alyosha12 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Alfred wrote:
Alyosha12 wrote:An excellent display of offensive and defensive flops as demonstrated by the spanish national team, i know its not the NBA but we need to give credit where credit is due. Let us all bow down to the greatest flopping team in all of basketball. Enjoy:

What a reel! Man, these guys certainly know how to fall over! I liked the play where both guys fell over at the same time. That's true teamwork if I've ever seen it.

They should add flopping to the skills competition at the All-Star game. I think Rudy Fernandez might be a surprise favourite!

Ah yes you speak of the rare and elusive double flop. Only the greatest of defensive teams who have been together for a long time, like the spanish national team, can pull that one of.
It truly is a master piece in its own. If single plays were admitted into the HOF that one would definitively get in!
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,442

Post#15 » by ropjhk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:45 pm

When oh when will the NBA review flops and finally give players a suspension for them?
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#16 » by TonyMontana » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Ya the flop did come from Eruope alright, it actually started by their soccer players.......LOLLL
Thats why the best floppers are players like Sasha, Manu, Kirelnko etc, but then guys like Raja Bell, D.Fish mastered it.
How patethic...........LOLLLL
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#17 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:48 pm

And basketball players have NOTHING on the soccer floppers. Basketball players flop, but they don't grab their heads/body parts and flail around like they got blasted with a full swing from Babe Ruth.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Alfred » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Manocad wrote:And basketball players have NOTHING on the soccer floppers. Basketball players flop, but they don't grab their heads/body parts and flail around like they got blasted with a full swing from Babe Ruth.

I know, Basketball players really need to refine their skills in this department. I don't think that players in the NBA really understand the true power of the post-flop injury roll on an official.

Hopefully we'll be able to catch up!

Ya the flop did come from Eruope alright, it actually started by their soccer players.......LOLLL
Thats why the best floppers are players like Sasha, Manu, Kirelnko etc, but then guys like Raja Bell, D.Fish mastered it.
How patethic...........LOLLLL

On the contrary, I don't think that you should laugh out loud loud loud loud at all. The flop is a true work of art. I wouldn't expect philistines such as yourself to understand.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#19 » by b-ball forever » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Just make an Argentina NT video mix, they're the GOATs @ flopping.

Manu, Scola, Oberto, Nocioni... it's like an allstar flop team.

Must be an Argentine tradition cuz their soccer players flop like hell too.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#20 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

What's funny is that although the best floppers played in Europe before coming to the NBA, NBA basketball is much more soft in comparison to European basketball.

Return to The General Board