Greg Oden already hurt.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#101 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Greg Oden will not be a bust.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,073
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#102 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Bankai wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
Bankai wrote:Really sucks for Blazer fans, but I never really have given in the hype anyway. The only thing this guy has shown me so far in his entire basketball life, was that he is injury prone. It doesent help if he has some condition that makes his body age more rapidly (or so ive heard), and that would make his body more easy to break down. If that is also true, that I cant see how long he can keep playing basketball at the NBA level.

LOL WTF. You really believe that? Wtf is this, Jack?

Heard it from Blazer Fans, if even they are willing to say this about their own player, its not hard to believe them.

I got some ocean front property in Ohio if you are interested...
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,672

Post#103 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:53 pm

as far as oden vs. bynum...i don't think either one could have been in a tougher situation other than going up against dwight/yao. they basically faced one of the very very few opponents that can match their own size. when they get to face the dalemberts and biedrins' of the league, they are going to be able to impose their will.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#104 » by Prophet_C » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:55 pm

Bankai wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
Bankai wrote:Really sucks for Blazer fans, but I never really have given in the hype anyway. The only thing this guy has shown me so far in his entire basketball life, was that he is injury prone. It doesent help if he has some condition that makes his body age more rapidly (or so ive heard), and that would make his body more easy to break down. If that is also true, that I cant see how long he can keep playing basketball at the NBA level.

LOL WTF. You really believe that? Wtf is this, Jack?

Heard it from Blazer Fans, if even they are willing to say this about their own player, its not hard to believe them.

Wow. I thought I was a gullible person. You sir take the cake. :lol:
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#105 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Kobe has played in 91% (866 out of 952) of the games possible.

Vince has played in 88.5% (697 out of 788) of the games possible.

TMac has played in 86% (749 out of 870) of the games possible.

What is 12 minutes out of 83 games as represented in a percentage?
AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#106 » by AKBlazerFan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:58 pm

I like how people are claiming that the Blazers should have taken Conely/Horford? You have to be kidding me. Like 80% of fans would have took Oden, and 100% would have took Durant or Oden. Hindsight is 20/20 people.

And his injury was a freak one. That could happen to any player. This wasn't a "wear and tear" injury, just a freak accident.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#107 » by Flash3 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:01 pm

Alfred wrote:
Kobe has played in 91% (866 out of 952) of the games possible.

Vince has played in 88.5% (697 out of 788) of the games possible.

TMac has played in 86% (749 out of 870) of the games possible.

What is 12 minutes out of 83 games as represented in a percentage?

0.30%

12 minutes/(82 games x 48 mins per game)

:wizard:
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#108 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 pm

I did it too, but I did it with 36 minutes as the average of how many he should be playing. I got a little less than .40%
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#109 » by Duiz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Berzerker wrote:B U S T

My words really. I am so ready for another Northwest Division championship.
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,333

Post#110 » by TOStateofMind » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Its sad. He may never be fully healthy.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#111 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Tough luck, or maybe its Karma to Portland fans, hahahaha, hate on me for saying this all you want but being injured for all of his 1st season, minor injury in preseason and another injury in his first game, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured on his first playoff game.

..if that is not injury prone, I don't know what is.
east/beastD-12
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#112 » by east/beastD-12 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:38 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:He's not going to be right for a while, he's still coming off microfracture, he probably won't be back to his old self till sometime around January, if we base it how Amare recovered, that and the added weight is a bit different.

Still, I have to go with this:

dcash4 wrote:i was impressed with oden. an unlucky step on fisher's foot cut his night short, but from what i saw in the first half, he's going to be a defensive beast. he's not going to get backed down by anyone, he's going to block everything near him, and offensively, though raw, there is going to be about 1-2 centers that can keep him from getting good position. bynum had to use all his strength to keep him out, which showed when oden did a simple spin and bynum flew by.

rudy fernandez, he better get at least 30 mpg.

Wich old self would you be refering to?
Would it be the one that got injured in high school?
Maybe the one that got injured in college.
possibly the one that got injured in the preseason last year.
could have been the one that just had micro fracture surgery last year.

I got crucified by olden fans an non fans for asking the simple question in an earlier thread.
WTF HAS THIS GUY EVER PROVED TO DESREVE SO MUCH HYPE?
Say what you will I cant help but feel vindicated.
HOF LOCK MY BROWN MEAXICAN A$$.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#113 » by breaker91 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:Tough luck, or maybe its Karma to Portland fans, hahahaha, hate on me for saying this all you want but being injured for all of his 1st season, minor injury in preseason and another injury in his first game, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured on his first playoff game.

Don't worry with Jermaine O'Neal on your roster you'll find out soon enough what it means.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#114 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 pm

JN wrote:24-14-4

Career stats.

Over a total of 20 games in 5 seasons

breaker91 wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Tough luck, or maybe its Karma to Portland fans, hahahaha, hate on me for saying this all you want but being injured for all of his 1st season, minor injury in preseason and another injury in his first game, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured on his first playoff game.

Don't worry with Jermaine O'Neal on your roster you'll find out soon enough what it means.

I still got a #1 pick rookie who also happens to be a Center and can play more then 13 minutes a game.
541Blaza
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by 541Blaza » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 pm

east/beastD-12 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:He's not going to be right for a while, he's still coming off microfracture, he probably won't be back to his old self till sometime around January, if we base it how Amare recovered, that and the added weight is a bit different.

dcash4 wrote:i was impressed with oden. an unlucky step on fisher's foot cut his night short, but from what i saw in the first half, he's going to be a defensive beast. he's not going to get backed down by anyone, he's going to block everything near him, and offensively, though raw, there is going to be about 1-2 centers that can keep him from getting good position. bynum had to use all his strength to keep him out, which showed when oden did a simple spin and bynum flew by.

I got crucified by olden fans an non fans for asking the simple question in an earlier thread.

Wow, you're a ****ing moron. :lol:
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#116 » by Cammo101 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:49 pm

I like Oden and hope he comes back healthy and plays well. But, Blazer fans have only themselves to blame for the tone of this thread. They have been in here counting future championships and writing Oden's hall of fame speech since the minute they lucked into that ping pong ball.

Now, everyone sees a chance to rub their faces in it.
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#117 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Cammo101 wrote:I like Oden and hope he comes back healthy and plays well. But, Blazer fans have only themselves to blame for the tone of this thread. They have been in here counting future championships and writing Oden's hall of fame speech since the minute they lucked into that ping pong ball.

Now, everyone sees a chance to rub their faces in it.

+1, with that said, I love Oden, Roy and Fernandez, but their fans do not deserve to see these the Blazers have success. Its been at least a decade since they have something to be hopeful about and they're already saying they are a dynasty before one game. I was definitely not impressed last night, in fact I fell asleep on my couch watching the game.

Send em our way, we'll accept with open arms.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,073
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#118 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:01 pm

east/beastD-12 wrote:

Actually it was the one before the knee surgery, the one dominating everyone put in front of him, even on one hand :-/

The Magic fans seem to be getting a lot of satisfaction from this. Sad lol.

And did that guy just brag about having Andrea Bargnani instead of Oden?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dinty
Banned User

Post#119 » by Dinty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Yep, Karma's a *****. Just ask the Cincinnati's Bengal fans with all of their "who dey" crap in the only good year they had in about two decades. All went downhill after that season. :lol:

My opinion, if your team was the joke of the league and was the bottom feeders for 4-5+ years, then you best not get cocky or that **** will come back and bite your ass. I just can't help by LMAO at those type of fans that hype up their team and then this kind of crap happens to them. Feel for Oden though, wouldn't wish injury on a player. Don't feel the same for Blazer's fans.

Sidenote: Anyone wanna start up a "which team has the brightest future/ best young talent" thread again? :lol:
AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#120 » by AKBlazerFan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm

its been a 5 year playoff drought or something, but in 2000 we were in the WCF...

ITs too bad a few Blazers fans antagonized some of these people to actually laugh and be happy over an injury to a young player who has great character. Who the **** cheers on and laughs about an injury, seriously? Laugh about him going 0-4, being out of shape maybe, but don't laugh @ an injury you classless bastards.

Return to The General Board