Greg Oden already hurt.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#121 » by dreamcloud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm

"but their fans do not deserve to see these the Blazers have success. Its been at least a decade since they have something to be hopeful about and they're already saying they are a dynasty before one game."

That's a little overboard don't you think though? Yes I agree..there are a few annoying Blazer fans, but..that's what it is..most of the blazer fans on the blazer board are pretty level-headed, and think "HOF from start" or "dynasty now", is pretty ridiculous..but people often just base it on the vocal minority that come often to the GB. (and often the stupid topics aren't started by Blazer fans) I'm just saying man, it's not fair to the people who never said that stuff in the first place..
Dinty
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#122 » by Dinty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 pm

AKBlazerFan wrote:its been a 5 year playoff drought or something, but in 2000 we were in the WCF...

ITs too bad a few Blazers fans antagonized some of these people to actually laugh and be happy over an injury to a young player who has great character. Who the **** cheers on and laughs about an injury, seriously? Laugh about him going 0-4, being out of shape maybe, but don't laugh @ an injury you classless bastards.

Trust me, most people here saying oden is a bust have enough smarts to know its to early to tell whether or not that is true and sure don't have enough evidence to prove it. We just like rubbing those Blazer's fan faces into the dirt. Nothing against Oden or the Blazer organization.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#123 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:20 pm

AKBlazerFan wrote:its been a 5 year playoff drought or something, but in 2000 we were in the WCF...

ITs too bad a few Blazers fans antagonized some of these people to actually laugh and be happy over an injury to a young player who has great character. Who the **** cheers on and laughs about an injury, seriously? Laugh about him going 0-4, being out of shape maybe, but don't laugh @ an injury you classless bastards.

Classless? I am laughing at the fact that Portland fans can't catch a break, not that Oden is injured.
Its also pretty funny how a guy can be so injury prone, a hyped rookie who got injured in his first season, injured in preseason and injured AGAIN in his first game is pretty funny.

What you have to understand is that I am not laughin at the fact that he got injured I'm laughing at the karma.

dreamcloud wrote:"but their fans do not deserve to see these the Blazers have success. Its been at least a decade since they have something to be hopeful about and they're already saying they are a dynasty before one game."

That's a little overboard don't you think though? Yes I agree..there are a few annoying Blazer fans, but..that's what it is..most of the blazer fans on the blazer board are pretty level-headed, and think "HOF from start" or "dynasty now", is pretty ridiculous..but people often just base it on the vocal minority that come often to the GB. (and often the stupid topics aren't started by Blazer fans) I'm just saying man, it's not fair to the people who never said that stuff in the first place..

Fair enough, but most of you dislike us Raptor fans, I feel the same way towards Blazer fans as you guys feel towards us.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#124 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:23 pm

you do have Jermaine O'Neal in your sig, bro..he's not exactly Cal Ripken Jr..
dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#125 » by dreamcloud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 pm

Well for what it's worth, there was actually a topic about a month ago on the Blazer board on who their favorite people and fan bases were, and Raptors got listed quite a bit there
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#126 » by Cammo101 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:25 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:you do have Jermaine O'Neal in your sig, bro..he's not exactly Cal Ripken Jr..

"Hello Pot...this is the Kettle calling..."
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#127 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:you do have Jermaine O'Neal in your sig, bro..he's not exactly Cal Ripken Jr..

I don't get this comment, what does O'neal's injury history have to do with Oden? So what if O'neal is injury prone? I like BOTH Oden AND O'neal, was that a shot against O'neal? I don't get it.

I can have Oden in my sig and I'd still say the same thing, its not the player, its the fans.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#128 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:27 pm

"Its also pretty funny how a guy can be so injury prone, a hyped rookie who got injured in his first season, injured in preseason and injured AGAIN in his first game is pretty funny."
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#129 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:30 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:"Its also pretty funny how a guy can be so injury prone, a hyped rookie who got injured in his first season, injured in preseason and injured AGAIN in his first game is pretty funny."

I also don't get that one, O'neal clearly said he's 100%, now I don't know whether that is true or not, but whatever the case may be, he was not brought here to be a 20-10 player and not much expectation was put on him, Oden on the other hand...
Mufasa
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#130 » by Mufasa » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:32 pm

AKBlazerFan wrote:I like how people are claiming that the Blazers should have taken Conely/Horford? You have to be kidding me. Like 80% of fans would have took Oden, and 100% would have took Durant or Oden. Hindsight is 20/20 people.

Oden was obviously the right choice at the time, you take the franchise big man when he comes up. I don't think anybody can blame them for that.

However, if you had the knowledge you had now and were able to go back, I think you'd have to take Horford instead of him. Al's probably a guaranteed 15/11 with potential for more... Oden's definitely on shakier and riskier ground, even if he does have that superstar potential. You go with the sure thing.

But that's a stupid thing to say anyways, anytime you have a sure thing vs a question mark you go with the sure thing... the time machine excuse is weak.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#131 » by SabasRevenge! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:52 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:I also don't get that one

He was quoting you a few posts earlier when you said you thought Oden's injuries were funny.

Wow, it's really pathetic to see how many people want to kick people when they're down.

I think it says a lot about the kind of people who are coming in here and laughing at the misfortune of Blazers fans. It's quite sad, especially when you consider that they're getting kicks at a keyboard. Who is this guy

I still think Oden was the right choice and writing him off already would be the pinnacle of shortsighted fandom, but hey, a lot of you in here are more wishy washy than than tidal pools. Sure, he's a high risk player at this point, but the reward is even higher.

Oh yeah, maybe wait until the all-star break before passing judgment on a rookie.
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#132 » by EGame » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 pm

It truley is a sad world we live in when people are happy and excited a man who has done nothing, but act very humble gets injured just because of a few select fans. Very few people show little compassion now and days and it makes me sick. I honestly hope some of you change your ways in life because their is nothing funny about a guy getting injured when all he wants to do is play the sport he loves, but cannot do it because of some bad luck. A lot of these posters make me sick.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#133 » by Fitz303 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:58 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:Classless? I am laughing at the fact that Portland fans can't catch a break, not that Oden is injured.
Its also pretty funny how a guy can be so injury prone, a hyped rookie who got injured in his first season, injured in preseason and injured AGAIN in his first game is pretty funny.

What you have to understand is that I am not laughin at the fact that he got injured I'm laughing at the karma.

You know what else is funny? You guys drafted Andrea Bargnani. Thats funny. How does it feel to have the 1st pick in the draft and not only do the Blazers get the 2 best players in that draft (Rudy Gay could be in there as well), but you pick a guy who's proving to be a joke so far in the league.

Im not laughing at Bargnani though.. Im laughing at you
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#134 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:59 pm

Fitz303 wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Classless? I am laughing at the fact that Portland fans can't catch a break, not that Oden is injured.

You know what else is funny? You guys drafted Andrea Bargnani. Thats funny. How does it feel to have the 1st pick in the draft and not only do the Blazers get the 2 best players in that draft (Rudy Gay could be in there as well), but you pick a guy who's proving to be a joke so far in the league.

lol... ZING!
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#135 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:59 pm

SabasRevenge! wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:I also don't get that one

He was quoting you a few posts earlier when you said you thought Oden's injuries were funny.

That was when he was with the Pacers, he hasn't been injured since he was a Raptor, knock wood.

I wouldn't even be that ticked off even if he got injured tonight, to be honest, he didn't show much in preseason and I'm not expecting too much in regular season anyway.

I think JO being injured this season is unavoidable, I just hope it ain't too major.

But the point is: LOL AT BLAZER FANS.
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#136 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Fitz303 wrote:

Laughing at me? rofl, hilarious, because I drafted him right? Because hes a hyped rookie who everyone was riding his nuts, because I've been bragging about having a future HOFer right? Because I am already poppin my champagne for my Championship right?
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#137 » by Fitz303 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:03 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
Fitz303 wrote:

Laughing at me? rofl, hilarious, because I drafted him right? Because hes a hyped rookie who everyone was riding his nuts, because I've been bragging about having a future HOFer right? Because I am already poppin my champagne for my Championship right?

No youre not. Because you have Andrea Bargnani
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#138 » by EGame » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:06 pm

You are really ignorant "TheRaptor." The fact that you keep repeating how all Blazer fans say we are a future dynasty (when in reality if you were not too much of an idiot to realize this) is, well wrong. Point me out some posts where we said that? Oh, you mean the thread that some non-Portland fan made around the time of when the draft was over? Yeah, pretty much all Blazer fans said it was way too premature and not even winning 1 is a lock. Do some research before exposing yourself like an idiot.
AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#139 » by AKBlazerFan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Not to mention he claims there is this tension between Raptor/Blazer fans. Maybe during 06 when Bargnani/ Roy comparisons were going on, but now i see a TON of raptor fans claiming Blazers as their 2nd favorite team. I actually thought the 2 fan bases got along fine now, this isn't 06 TheRaptor....
Baseline Runner
Analyst
And1: 1,067

Post#140 » by Baseline Runner » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:45 pm

I really hope Greg Oden gets back on his feet (in this case literally). The league needs a couple of great defensive big men and currently there aren't any. It'd be a sad day in the NBA if its just a bunch of swing men and point guards dominating the league.

Return to The General Board