ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

raptorgenius7
Sophomore
And1: 0

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#1 » by raptorgenius7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:37 am

Hey guys, as some of you know I'm pretty close to someone that works in the raptors organization and he was able to tell me some inside information. First let me start off about the wing situation, according to my source, The Raptors were close in a deal that would of sent gerald wallace our ways and Kapono and hump going to charlotte(about 2 weeks ago), bobcats were seriously considering pulling the trigger but then came up with a counter offer including Bargnani, BC immediately shut down their offer. Also, (many fans wont like to hear this, including myself) BC may have some interest in Marbury if he is waived, possibly puttin him alongside of calderon playing the 2. Moving on to Smitch... I know many of you were probably wondering what the meeting between BC and Smitch was all about, I really wish I could tell you but my source begged me not to leak info. but a clue wont hurt right?.... All i have to say is pay real close attention to the up coming games, especially tomorrows game. I will try my best to update you guys as much as I can!!
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#2 » by tylrrr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:38 am

I wouldn't mind Marbury for the right price. And the right price is a very, very small one.
Tomato
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#3 » by Tomato » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:39 am

MARBURY FTW!!! If we're gonna go down, we're going down in STYLE!
by Shoon.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 931

Post#4 » by raptorforlife88 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 am

If this is true so much for the claim that Colangelo only wants character guys.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#5 » by EventHorizon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 am

If we lose tomorrow.....Smitch is gone IMO. Kapono and Hump for Wallace would be ideal but highly unlikely.
raptorgenius7, anything on the GSW & TOR front? maybe concerning Azubuike?
Suga
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Suga » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:45 am

Thanks for the update raptorgenius7....at this point I wouldn't mind bringing in marbury. We need help badly at the 2 spot.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,530

Post#7 » by C_Money » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 am

Is this the same guy that said Smitch was going to be fired or was that somebody else? I hope its not because I really want Marbury on this team.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#8 » by Hassassin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 am

The Bobcats have no use for Kapono considering they have Matt Carroll locked up for a lot of $$$. A 3 way deal would be ideal.
the traveller
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#9 » by the traveller » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:52 am

Hmmmm....The Gerald Wallace/ Hump, Kapono deal would've been sweet. But yeah, BC made the right move by hanging up the phone when Bargs' name got involved.

Marbury?... Well I guess that's how desperate I am as a fan when I actually contemplate if he would be a good fit here. But ya gotta admit, BC seems to be the master at duct-taping a play-off team together. Hey, ya never know, if Starbury's comes cheap...but damn, he sure is crazy.

The Mitchell news is not surprising. BC seems to be a fair guy. Everyone knows that the next few games are crucial for Sam's existence here in Raptorland.
“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” - Robert Louis Stevenson
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,526

Post#10 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:52 am

I swear this thread was locked for a second and my post did not go through.

Its obvious that Smitch is on the hot seat, he will be fired VERY soon if things don't get better, we need a scapegoat. I don't care what doug smith is trying to say to cover up or whoever, its obvious what happened.

That wallce trade would have been awsome.

Calderon/ Marbury
Parker/ Marbury
Wallace/ Moon
Bosh/ Bargnani
O'neal/ Bargnani
Parasight
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#11 » by Parasight » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:53 am

raptorforlife88 wrote:If this is true so much for the claim that Colangelo only wants character guys.

I never considered Marbury to be a bad guy. He's a little flamboyant and overly-expressive. But he's no cancer. The guy is the face of a brand that purposely sells affordable basketball shoes for kids who can't afford to buy Jordan's. I always liked Marbury, as a person and even as a player in his Phoenix years. I do have to question though, if we sign him wouldn't that put us in the tax? I wouldn't sign him if that's the price we have to pay.
Tomato
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#12 » by Tomato » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:54 am

TheRaptor! wrote:I swear this thread was locked for a second and my post did not go through.

Its obvious that Smitch is on the hot seat, he will be fired VERY soon if things don't get better, we need a scapegoat. I don't care what doug smith is trying to say to cover up or whoever, its obvious what happened.

That wallce trade would have been awsome.

Calderon/ Marbury
Parker/ Marbury
Wallace/ Moon
Bosh/ Bargnani
O'neal/ Bargnani

Yeah it was locked for a bit.Mods were probably trying to verify the source with the OP.
by Shoon.
sunny
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#13 » by sunny » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:55 am

is the gerald wallace trade still being contemplated by the bobcats?
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#14 » by tylrrr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:55 am

Parasight wrote: I do have to question though, if we sign him wouldn't that put us in the tax? I wouldn't sign him if that's the price we have to pay.

If the Knicks waive him his salary is their problem.

I think?
B00Yah
Senior
And1: 597

Post#15 » by B00Yah » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:56 am

I'm not sure the Raps could pick up Marbury if he's waived since they're already at the cap limit, and Starbury's contract is pretty rich. When you pick up a player off waivers, the acquiring team becomes responsible for the balance of the amount owing for the year.

However, if the Knicks bought him out, then there's the possibility that we could acquire him for the $1,000 in cap space that we have, although Marbury might be looking for a touch more than that.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#16 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:57 am

I have no idea if this stuff is true, but it's fun. So thanks.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
i-lion
Starter
And1: 0

Post#17 » by i-lion » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 am

If it went down that trade would be nice and yes i also think is in the hot seat right now if we don't perform well in the next week or so i think he is gone.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#18 » by EventHorizon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 am

Rhettmatic wrote:I have no idea if this stuff is true, but it's fun. So thanks.

Too many memories with that Josh Smith fiasco.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#19 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:00 am

Marbury vs. Smitch is away of getting him fired (remember the smitch and Rafer days :lol:
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#20 » by jonny three time » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:01 am

Not too much of that makes sense to me. Marbury can't guard 2s as a starter, there is no chane as he's way too small. Plus he hasn't had a good year in like 3 years and it would be just another guy looking to force his own offense. I can't imagine BC doing it.

The Wallace trade doesn't make sense either. Why would Charlotte want another Matt Carroll? and why would BC want to commit 5 years to another injury prone player after TJ and JO. I doubt he'd make a knee jerk move like that. And why would Charlotte be real close to saying yes, only to ask BC to throw in his former 1st overall pick. It's not like Bargs is filler to be thrown in.

I'm not saying your full of it, but it just doesn't add up.

Return to Toronto Raptors