Frank Gore vs. Stephen Jackson

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue May 15, 2007 4:13 am

I love how people say Gore has more potential but Jackson is 23 and has not had knee injuries like Gore.

Umm The rams were playing without Pace half the season and Incognito was playing a new pposition. BArron was mr. false start. The 9ers had the better line.

You have to Take Jackson. No serious injuries and can do it all. To beat LT in total yards is unreal not just anyone can do that. Now here comes Pace back.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#22 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:51 pm

Gore easily. Gore didn't have a Bulger getting him the ball or a Holt making his life easier. Gore had Alex Smith. Enough said.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#23 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri May 18, 2007 1:54 pm

O jeez lets start the whole offense thing again. Jeez. How do you know that it was'nt jackson who led the recievers to a good year??? Bulger had a career year.

Faulk was good on INdy and was good in St.Louis that shows its not talent. If Sjax was on the niners Alex Smith would also have a career year.

How the hell do I explain this??? Pace was injured half the season!! Barron had the most false starts of any NFL player. Incognito a rookie was playing out of position. Setterstorm again a rookie thrown into the fire early-a seventh rounder and then a vet in adam goldberg.

Yet the rams have the better line no way.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#24 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:03 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:O jeez lets start the whole offense thing again. Jeez. How do you know that it was'nt jackson who led the recievers to a good year??? Bulger had a career year.

Faulk was good on INdy and was good in St.Louis that shows its not talent. If Sjax was on the niners Alex Smith would also have a career year.

How the hell do I explain this??? Pace was injured half the season!! Barron had the most false starts of any NFL player. Incognito a rookie was playing out of position. Setterstorm again a rookie thrown into the fire early-a seventh rounder and then a vet in adam goldberg.

Yet the rams have the better line no way.

Barron might have had the most false starts but we had Kwame Harris, easily the worse lineman in the league and probably not too far behind Barron in false starts... Niners had injuries up and down the offensive line last year also...

How does Faulk have anything too do with it anything? Both Gore and Jackson are good backs, I just said Gore was better.

You can't tell me that Stephan Jackson didn't have a better quarterback throwing to him or the fact that he had a way better receiving crop to make things easier for him.

Gore was the rushing leader in yards not because the Niners line was the best line in the league (it was average at best because of injuries) but because he ran through everyone... that was why he was starting running back for NFC in the Pro Bowl, because the coaches saw that. He was the Niners only consistent weapon the Niners had.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,073
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#25 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 19, 2007 11:04 am

I would wager that neither are the top in rushing next year, we seem to have these arguments about backs every year.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#26 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Jun 6, 2007 11:54 pm

I would bet your right but...... I think SJax will lead the league in total yards next season.

I don't know the exact number but I know SJax is a lot less fumble prone then Gore. SJax had less fumbles and in the touches to fumble rate I am pretty sure SJax had at least double the amount of touches per fumble rate than Gore.

Say hello to Orlando Pace everyone. When SJax broke out he was injured.

Best LT in teh league plus SJax equals ownage.

We had a horrible OL injured Pace false start Baron- Incognito though out of position showed promise and experimenting with goldberg and steussie.

Pace Baron and Incognito will be nasty next year.

EDIT: found the exact rate Gore fumbles every 68 touches while SJac fumbles every 218 touches.

Umm Haha?

Return to Player Comparisons