Who will be the best?

Total votes: 0

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#21 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:18 pm

Leinart's teams were a tad more talented wouldn't you say? Or was it a steve nash effect on them? :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Elway=GOAT » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:06 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Leinart's teams were a tad more talented wouldn't you say? Or was it a steve nash effect on them? :lol:

Young's team was a very good team as well. You dont win a national championship with one guy dominating. Leinart is the winningest QB in history period. To say Young is better because he is a proven winner, is a flawed statement because Leinart won more, regardless of team. If you wanna call it a "Steve Nash" effect, I guess. I dont think you can plug any guy into that team, and they would of won national championships.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:21 pm

Elway=GOAT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Young's team was a very good team as well. You dont win a national championship with one guy dominating. Leinart is the winningest QB in history period. To say Young is better because he is a proven winner, is a flawed statement because Leinart won more, regardless of team. If you wanna call it a "Steve Nash" effect, I guess. I dont think you can plug any guy into that team, and they would of won national championships.

1 National Championship under Leinart, I'm pretty sure they could have won with Young inserted into that line up. Sure Texas was a great team, but if you think they had near the talent of the USC squad your sadly mistaken.

Onto the topic though, for how good they are now I would go:

Leinart
Young
Cutler

And for the future:

Young
Leinart
Cutler
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#24 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:42 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1 National Championship under Leinart, I'm pretty sure they could have won with Young inserted into that line up. Sure Texas was a great team, but if you think they had near the talent of the USC squad your sadly mistaken.

Leinart
Young
Cutler

And for the future:

Young
Leinart
Cutler

Actully 2, Leinart's Sophmore, and junior years. They lost it in his senior year. I can make the same argument throwing Leinart in Texas. That Texas team was awsome. They didnt have the same kind of offense, USC had. But there defense was light years ahead of USC's. Winningest QB in college history.

EDIT: But who cares, Cutler is going to have a better career than either, so whatever.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#25 » by MHZ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:13 am

Leinart
Young
Cutler

And for the future:

Young
Leinart
Cutler

USC was definitely more talented in the skill positions, but I think you're underrating the Texas recruiting machine, man. They breed football players down there. In the end, yeah, USC was better though.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 520

Post#26 » by NDaATL » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:59 pm

I'll go with Leinart, he seems to possess great instincts, and is a proven winner (Young is too), but Young is a close 2nd.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#27 » by milehigh » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:56 am

1. Cutler
2. Leinart
3. Young

Cutler has all the tools and you can almost guarantee the broncos will surround him with talent

Leinart I think he will be a solid QB like a kurt warner type and his team kinda resembles the rams a little bit minus the blocking of course

Young reminds me too much of Mike Vick, but I think he will have a better career than vick. Although I don't think he is going to do so well especially with the departure of travis henry, young no longer has the security blanket, I think he is going to be running for his life next year
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:30 pm

meloman15 wrote:1. Cutler
2. Leinart
3. Young

Cutler has all the tools and you can almost guarantee the broncos will surround him with talent

Leinart I think he will be a solid QB like a kurt warner type and his team kinda resembles the rams a little bit minus the blocking of course

Young reminds me too much of Mike Vick, but I think he will have a better career than vick. Although I don't think he is going to do so well especially with the departure of travis henry, young no longer has the security blanket, I think he is going to be running for his life next year

You say a Kurt Warner type like he isn't a two time MVP.
milehigh
Analyst

Post#29 » by milehigh » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:34 pm

You say a Kurt Warner type like he isn't a two time MVP.

do I because I said it because I think Leinart will have a great career just like warner
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:10 am

meloman15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

do I because I said it because I think Leinart will have a great career just like warner

Fair enough...

but if Leinart is going to be a 2 time MVP, and guy that throws for like 4800 yards, and Cutler is still better... what will his numbers look like?
milehigh
Analyst

Post#31 » by milehigh » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:41 am

Fair enough...

but if Leinart is going to be a 2 time MVP, and guy that throws for like 4800 yards, and Cutler is still better... what will his numbers look like?

:rofl2:

Cutler will eclipse 4800 probably by the end of this coming year.

Already has a 1001 yards in only 5 games.

Warner had 20591 career yards and only played 9 seasons in the NFL. Cutler has an oppurtunity to be a lot better player because he will have more seasons to play and is a LOT more talented, better arm, 4.6 forty time, and great accuracy. He has all the intagibles to be one of the best in the league for many years to come.

Question is will he?

And I couldn't care less about the MVP's, I want lombardi trophys.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#32 » by Elway=GOAT » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:47 am

Good breakdown, meloman.

I pretty much agree, but I really dont think Leinart is anything like Warner. He reminds me, of a less smart, less poise, slightly more athletic Tom Brady. I dont believe Leinart on his best season in the NFL, will ever come close to what Warner was pre-thumb injury.

Vince Young got alot of hype, for being a bad QB, on a team that was better than what people expected. He made an impact, but imo, Pacman Jones had just as big of an impact as he did. Vince will be a Kordell Stewart type in the pros. An average QB who will stick around for awhile.

Cutler, has the best deep ball/accuracy combination of the 3 by far. I think he has the best deep/accuracy combination of any QB we have seen for awhile now. He looked very good in his 5 games he played last year. I expect him to improve even more this year.

I think Cutler will have the best career, because Pat Bowlin is the **** when it comes to owning/running these teams. They will put players around him, for the Broncos to succeed.

Leinart will have big years, but will either have an unfulfilling career with the cards, or will leave ala Drew Brees and do big things other places.

Young is hard to figure out, he had a huge impact last year, similar to Vick/Kordell when they hit there 2nd seasons in the league. Guys who can make plays with there feet, and both guys are mental Midgets when it comes to the playing QB part. Young did not look accurate, infact he was terrible last year. He made plays with his feet alot more than with his arm. But that only lasts so long in the pros. I need another year or two to figure out what he is really going to be. He is improves his check offs, and reads he will be great, if not he will be just another scrambler, with a big arm, that cant use it.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#33 » by Elway=GOAT » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:50 am

Fair enough...

Numbers arnt everything, if they were Drew Bledsoe would be a Hall of famer, and Joe Namath would be a decent starting QB.

IMO, Tom Brady is the best QB in the league. His numbers arnt staggering, they are good, but not stupid good.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:54 am

Elway=GOAT wrote:Good breakdown, meloman.

I pretty much agree, but I really dont think Leinart is anything like Warner. He reminds me, of a less smart, less poise, slightly more athletic Tom Brady. I dont believe Leinart on his best season in the NFL, will ever come close to what Warner was pre-thumb injury.

Vince Young got alot of hype, for being a bad QB, on a team that was better than what people expected. He made an impact, but imo, Pacman Jones had just as big of an impact as he did. Vince will be a Kordell Stewart type in the pros. An average QB who will stick around for awhile.

Cutler, has the best deep ball/accuracy combination of the 3 by far. I think he has the best deep/accuracy combination of any QB we have seen for awhile now. He looked very good in his 5 games he played last year. I expect him to improve even more this year.

I think Cutler will have the best career, because Pat Bowlin is the **** when it comes to owning/running these teams. They will put players around him, for the Broncos to succeed.

Leinart will have big years, but will either have an unfulfilling career with the cards, or will leave ala Drew Brees and do big things other places.

Young is hard to figure out, he had a huge impact last year, similar to Vick/Kordell when they hit there 2nd seasons in the league. Guys who can make plays with there feet, and both guys are mental Midgets when it comes to the playing QB part. Young did not look accurate, infact he was terrible last year. He made plays with his feet alot more than with his arm. But that only lasts so long in the pros. I need another year or two to figure out what he is really going to be. He is improves his check offs, and reads he will be great, if not he will be just another scrambler, with a big arm, that cant use it.

You grossly exaggerate comparisons:

Reggie Bush= Kevin Faulk

Vince Young= Kordell Stewart

Jay Cutler= God
rhino17
Junior
And1: 0

Post#35 » by rhino17 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:21 am

1) Young
2) Lienart

3) Cutler (and I'm a broncos fan)
captain_cheapseats
Starter

Post#36 » by captain_cheapseats » Mon Sep 3, 2007 9:09 pm

First, in response to the "Young is overrated" theme: yes he got too much credit for the Titans wins/losses, but how is that different from every single other QB in the NFL? Except for Peyton Manning there is no QB in the league deserving of the amount of hype/credit they receive. Young is just being treated like everyone else.

So what should people take away from Young's performance? Basically that even as an extremely raw rookie, he was/is a better QB than Kerry Collins. Granted Collins is no star, but he's in that "terrible if he's your starter, great if he's your backup" range of players. For Young to already be well above that level as a rookie, especially given that he faces a relatively steep learning curve (having played in a non-pro, shotgun offense in college), is very promising.

But anyway,here's how I have them:

Young
Cutler
Lienart
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#37 » by Mr. E » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 pm

In the long run Cutler will probably be the best, followed by Leinart.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:06 am

meloman15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl2:

Cutler will eclipse 4800 probably by the end of this coming year.

Already has a 1001 yards in only 5 games.

Warner had 20591 career yards and only played 9 seasons in the NFL. Cutler has an oppurtunity to be a lot better player because he will have more seasons to play and is a LOT more talented, better arm, 4.6 forty time, and great accuracy. He has all the intagibles to be one of the best in the league for many years to come.

Question is will he?

And I couldn't care less about the MVP's, I want lombardi trophys.

I'm talking about 4800 yards big guy, an MVP, and a super bowl trophy in a single season. I'd be impressed if Cutler did any of those things one time in his career, yet you expect Leinart to do that, and Cutler to be better :lol:

Do some Kurt Warner research, the guy was really good.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#39 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Oct 6, 2007 10:23 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Young might never have the flashy stats of Cutler and Leinart but hes a proven winner. The guy knows how to win.

Young for me.

$$$

Leinart continues to get benched for the old geezer and Cutlers team is struggling to win and barely beat two bad teams.

Vince Young is a beast.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#40 » by Elway=GOAT » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Cutler as I said back in april, is the best of this group. He has been more and more consistant, and looks to be a pretty good field general. Dude has a rocket, and is pretty accurate. He does take too many chances at times. But is a superbowl winning caliber QB and once Brady and Manning are over the hill, he will be running this league.

Vince Young, im still unsure about. Its always hard to give up on someone who had so much hype. I give him one more year, if he still does not get it by his 3rd year, im thinking they should look else where. He looks like another Kordell Stewart at this point.

Leinart has just morphed into a team cancer pretty much, he has been decent in there. But at this point is not starting material. Im sure he will leave the Cardinals and become a superstar somewhere else, like every other player that leaves the Cardinals.

Jay Cutler should of been the first pick of the draft looking back. Knowing what we know, till this point I think he would be.

Return to Player Comparisons