Champ Bailey vs Primetime

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,065
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#21 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:Fair enough, (i still blame the safety) are you sure elway=goat that he was only passed 41 times going to week 17?
because if thats right lets say he was passed to around 45 times throughtout the year
thats 3.5x a game right?
and fox sports says he has a 24 Pass Defensed
+ 10 Int =34 so he only allowed 11 or so catches all of last season?
Im a big Champ Bailey fan but i didnt think his stats are that good.
since you probably watch every denver game, do you think thats about right?

I would think he tipped or picked a few that weren't thrown at his man. He can cover ground pretty quick......
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:32 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:Fair enough, (i still blame the safety) are you sure elway=goat that he was only passed 41 times going to week 17?
because if thats right lets say he was passed to around 45 times throughtout the year
thats 3.5x a game right?
and fox sports says he has a 24 Pass Defensed
+ 10 Int =34 so he only allowed 11 or so catches all of last season?
Im a big Champ Bailey fan but i didnt think his stats are that good.
since you probably watch every denver game, do you think thats about right?

Yes, it was the big defensive player of the year debate was going on. Going into week 16 he was passed to 41 times. Im sure he got into plays that wernt thrown his way. Im not sure how many times he was thrown to the last game.

Yes, the safties, and linebackers last year were terrible in pass coverage(part of that being we had zero passing rushing ability). John Lynch was toasted so much when it came to the passing game last year, thats why the last two years they have been using him more as a 4th linebacker, so he could play the run and rush the passer.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Bow2Yao11 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:46 am

I'll take Primetime. Great on punt returns too.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:52 am

Bow2Yao11 wrote:I'll take Primetime. Great on punt returns too.

That is something I kinda forgot about, Deon was a damn good punt returner.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#25 » by cb4_89 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Primetime easily for me. Greatest ever at his position.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#26 » by milehigh » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:03 am

Champ Bailey hands down most complete

I find it funny how people bring up punt returns that has nothing to do with cornerbacking.

deion looked scared when people would run to him

on top of that champ already has had more INT's in a season than deion and got thrown to less

no contest Champ is the man
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:52 am

meloman15 wrote:Champ Bailey hands down most complete

I find it funny how people bring up punt returns that has nothing to do with cornerbacking.

deion looked scared when people would run to him

on top of that champ already has had more INT's in a season than deion and got thrown to less

no contest Champ is the man

If you think he got thrown at less, you have NEVER watched Deion, plain and simple.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Reks
Veteran

Post#28 » by Reks » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:35 am

I'd take Bailey
The guy is just so great at reading the offense
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 520

Post#29 » by NDaATL » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:04 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you think he got thrown at less, you have NEVER watched Deion, plain and simple.

I was going to say the same thing. And I'm a homer for both players since Deion was on the Falcons (even tho he left) and Champ played at UGA, which is where I currently am.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:59 am

Actually, in the all-time discussion thread, we are on CB's right now.

Everyone is welcome to join in on the discussion, the polls aren't open yet, but we don't have a set panel, just join in.
nesta
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#31 » by nesta » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am

ong dynasty, have you ever seen primetime play?
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#32 » by High 5 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:49 pm

Deion had to pretend to be beat just to get QBs the throw the ball his way. He had to closing speed to make it work. Hands down the best cover corner ever and arguably the greatest play maker. Champ's willingness/ability to play the run makes it close, but I have to give it to Primetime.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#33 » by Ong_dynasty » Tue Jul 3, 2007 9:03 am

nesta wrote:ong dynasty, have you ever seen primetime play?

Yes I have but im not gna lie, I was young in his prime so my analysis of his game is not the same, but it is not an understatement that I loved the guy. I was one of those guys that loved Deion and Bo and when I used to play football I prided myself to be like Deion and like I said, 2 years ago, if someone told me this id laugh in their face and I for one agree with NO-KG-AI that he was so inconsistent in was crazy. but the last 2 years he has been nothing short of amazing, the fact that he didnt win DPOY still blows my mind. One thing I also love about Champ is he had alot of TD saving INT and not just stat padding INT.

This is how I see it, I dont think theres alot to separate the two in coverage and I could agree primetime was probably better at changing the game through INT yds and was probably better at covering man-to-man, but what Bailey offers in terms of everything else i give him the nod
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,663

Post#34 » by hype_2004 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:48 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
Ong_dynasty wrote:

Deion is an amazing corner that was never passed at.....

If you throw at Deion, its picked off and taken to the house.

I've been watching Champ since the Redskins days, I've seen him shut out out Joe Horn against my Saints, and lock down plenty of guys, and I also saw him get burned for 3 td's by Jerry porter, and basically get handled that whole year, to the point where I doubted he was even the best corner.

Luckily he bounced back and proved me wrong.

I don't think you understand defensive game planning, if you think it is better to have your corners attacked.

Deion takes away one side of the field, meaning that safety can come up in the box on virtually every play, and if you don't have another good corner the other safety can help over the top.

Just think about in the red zone, when you know which way the ball is going, its so easy to stop.

You don't base your defense around trying to make big plays, that's how you get burned (think Bengals) you play to completely shut them down, and win the ball control battle.

I dunno, maybe we have different philosophy on defense, but I don't want teams shooting for long plays, even if I have a great corner, because everyone gets beat eventually, and it will bite you in the ass.

Having a guy like Sanders that wasn't thrown at makes it easier, most of him not being thrown at was probably reputation and such, or getting in the QB's head much like a Chad Johnson.

I find it hard to believe that Champ is better, when Deion is a better cover guy, while balancing a baseball career, catching passes, and playing special teams, while Champ was just playing corner.

Edit: BTW I think this is a good debate, otherwise I wouldn't bother..... and someone else should definitely join in.

.........commercials, music videos, movies, social events the list goes on. Primetime Neon Deion was 1 of a kind athlete, he did it all, he experienced it all and he played the game his way. The swagger along with his unmatched god given athletic abilities made him a nightmare for opposing QB
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,663

Post#35 » by hype_2004 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes I have but im not gna lie, I was young in his prime so my analysis of his game is not the same, but it is not an understatement that I loved the guy. I was one of those guys that loved Deion and Bo and when I used to play football I prided myself to be like Deion and like I said, 2 years ago, if someone told me this id laugh in their face and I for one agree with NO-KG-AI that he was so inconsistent in was crazy. but the last 2 years he has been nothing short of amazing, the fact that he didnt win DPOY still blows my mind. One thing I also love about Champ is he had alot of TD saving INT and not just stat padding INT.

This is how I see it, I dont think theres alot to separate the two in coverage and I could agree primetime was probably better at changing the game through INT yds and was probably better at covering man-to-man, but what Bailey offers in terms of everything else i give him the nod

How old were you when Deion was in his prime, He was in his peak athletic performance, between the years of 1989-1995. His rivalry with Andre bad moon Rison was probably the most epic battle in NFL history. The Deangelo Hall- Chad ocho Cinco Johnson rivalry is nothing compared to the intensity that Sanders and Rison brought to the table everytime they meet each other on the football field, it was a grudge match and trench warfare to the extreme.
Conadra
Banned User

Post#36 » by Conadra » Thu May 1, 2008 7:45 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyNMz_LxEoA

I will take Prime Time with his punt return skill and rap MTV.

Return to Player Comparisons