Busts and Sleepers

Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#21 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Not that he
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#22 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Icness wrote:I think TJ Duckett has a great chance to be a sleeper with the Lions. He's in great shape and their OL added two very nasty run-blocking Gs for him to plow behind. Might not get more than about 10 carries a game but I could see him getting 4.5 ypc and 6-8 TDs.

Kenny Irons with the Bengals would be the 4th rookie I'd draft overall fantasy-wise, after Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, and Dwayne Bowe. He's going to get his chances and he's electric on screens and checkdowns. He's going to get a shot at KR too. He's also got a fair chance to be a complete waste too--which is why I almost never draft rookies in fantasy leagues.

Kevin Jones is there starter. He had a fine season and their fans seem to be content with him.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,891
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#23 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:22 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kevin Jones is there starter. He had a fine season and their fans seem to be content with him.

I'm pretty sure he is still recovering from an injury, and might not be there on opening day??

Can anyone confirm this??
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#24 » by Icness » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:48 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm pretty sure he is still recovering from an injury, and might not be there on opening day??

Can anyone confirm this??

The Lions own doctors have literally no idea how healthy Jones is going to be. He had a surgical procedure that's fairly rare and the recovery times for it are wildly variable. He looks good in light workouts but he hasn't been asked to cut or take a hit yet.

Duckett will get plenty of work in short yardage and in power sets. The Lions had a string last season where they missed 14 consecutive 3rd and 2 or less, and wound up 31st in that stat (only Carolina was worse). He's got the trappings of one of those dreaded fantasy "TD vultures".
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#25 » by High 5 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:06 am

Duckett only seemed motivated on the goal line his last year in Atlanta. He was money there, but anywhere else he was worthless. I hope he gets back on track because he's a good guy and he was great for us '02-'04. Other than pass protection.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#26 » by J.Kim » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:30 am

Fatty wrote:Sleepers
Reggie Brown WR PHI: Last year improved dramatically and has good hands and runs good routes.

Michael Roos LT TEN Him and Jason Peters are some of the best young LT in the league and next year could be on par with Marcus McNeil

Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson S BUF with Buffalo playing a Cover-2 base D Simpson and Whitner will have phenomenal years

Busts
Ronnie Brown RB MIA One of the worst O-lines in the NFL blocking for an average running back

+2, for not only mentioning Michael Roos, who I've been backing since Day 1, but the fact that you went out of the box and went with a 'non-skill' position player.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#27 » by livestrong4ever » Sun Jul 8, 2007 6:11 am

Mcnabb lost his best WR, His Best WR almost was never on the field!
PistonFan4Life
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#28 » by PistonFan4Life » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:50 pm

High 5 wrote:Duckett only seemed motivated on the goal line his last year in Atlanta. He was money there, but anywhere else he was worthless. I hope he gets back on track because he's a good guy and he was great for us '02-'04. Other than pass protection.

I think Duckett will do fine here in Detroit. I think he bascially decided to come here for a couple reasons:
1. He was struggling to have a chance in Washington, and wants to come home and try to get his career back on track.

2. He won't be asked to be a lead RB, he won't have to put up outstanding numbers to make his importance known. He will be used primarily in short yardage and goal line situations. Otherwise the big yardage RBs in Detroit will be Jones and Bell.

I have no knowledge that this is true, but I think that will be the order of command for the RBs in Detroit this year. I really could see Jones missing at least the first 6-8 weeks of the season if not the entire season just to be cautious coming off of his injury. I do think with the additions to the offense though that Detroit fans can be hopeful of an offense that will look really good, the problem we are going to have this year is that the secondary is very weak and some teams could put up a lot of points against us.

Return to Player Comparisons