Most Clutch Player in Todays Game.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Phil Jackson
Banned User
And1: 8

Re: Most Clutch Player in Todays Game. 

Post#101 » by Phil Jackson » Mon Dec 8, 2008 8:07 pm

Kobe Bryant is the most clutch player in today's game he is The Greatest of All Time.
SixStringAxis
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#102 » by SixStringAxis » Mon Dec 8, 2008 8:15 pm

I love how people consider Kobe's jacked up TERRIBLE shots vs Spain as clutch. He made his name in that game by being incredibly selfish. Yet when you see Wade and Lebron working it in the clutch there getting wide open shots by moving the ball.

If Kobe misses a couple of those shots and USA loses we would be calling for him to go back to jail.

I will take Lebron all day long.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#103 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Dec 8, 2008 8:50 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:LOL @ Kobe "laying back"..it sure looked like it with all the FGA..

LOL @ Kobe being clutch in the biggest stage..

the Church never takes a break..

Gold medal game in the olympics is a bigger stage than the NBA Finals. All you blind Kobe haters can hate all you want, but facts are facts. Kobe closed that game out and won the gold for us. Lebronze was no where to be found, and wade and everyone else deferred to Kobe to take over. That team minus Kobe didn't even place in 2006 losing to Greece. A team that has 0 NBA players on it.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#104 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:26 pm

the only reason the Gold medal game is a bigger stage to you is because Kobe "won" the game for the US, and he hasn't played well in the NBA finals..if Kobe hadn't done what he did in the final minutes of the Spain game, you would be talking about how irrelevant the Olympics are..

unlike me, who said the Olympics were irrelevant TO ME from the beginning, even when Kobe was struggling early..

that's just my opinion though..I don't think elite NBA players playing against weak competition is that impressive..

the reason that 2006 team didn't win is well-publicized..bad combination of players, specifically bad coaching and poor rotations..this team was perfect..Wade, Anthony and Lebron actually got to play a lot, unlike last time..the team was focused..obviously having Kobe helped, but don't act like he's the main reason they won..Wade and James outplayed him in the Olympics..

I don't understand how Wade and Lebron "differed" to Kobe LOL..he was going to take those shots anyways..did you expect Wade and Lebron to actually yell at Kobe and demand that they take the shots instead? obviously not..so I don't understand that comment..
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#105 » by BubbaTee » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:38 pm

blzrfan wrote:How can Lebron be considered a top clutch player when he misses so many crucial free throws?

A top clutch player makes shots including free throws.

If I had to pick one player in the league to shoot 2 FTs down the stretch it'd be Sam Cassell. I've never seen him miss one of those, including when he was icing rings for Olajuwon and Drexler.

Kobe, OTOH, just missed a clutch FT last week that would have put the Lakers up 2 against Indiana. Instead they were only up 1, so they lost on Troy Murphy's tip-in instead of going to OT.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#106 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:49 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:the only reason the Gold medal game is a bigger stage to you is because Kobe "won" the game for the US, and he hasn't played well in the NBA finals..if Kobe hadn't done what he did in the final minutes of the Spain game, you would be talking about how irrelevant the Olympics are..

unlike me, who said the Olympics were irrelevant TO ME from the beginning, even when Kobe was struggling early..

that's just my opinion though..I don't think elite NBA players playing against weak competition is that impressive..

the reason that 2006 team didn't win is well-publicized..bad combination of players, specifically bad coaching and poor rotations..this team was perfect..Wade, Anthony and Lebron actually got to play a lot, unlike last time..the team was focused..obviously having Kobe helped, but don't act like he's the main reason they won..Wade and James outplayed him in the Olympics..

I don't understand how Wade and Lebron "differed" to Kobe LOL..he was going to take those shots anyways..did you expect Wade and Lebron to actually yell at Kobe and demand that they take the shots instead? obviously not..so I don't understand that comment..

Please. The Olympics Gold Medal game is by far head and shoulders a bigger stage than the NBA Finals. You claiming otherwise is the old american ethnocentric thinking that if "it's not in America it's not as good." The Olympics are every 4 years, NBA Finals is every year. The world competition has caught up with us. Olympics are on a Global stage and it doesn't get much bigger than that. People like to quickly overlook the 2006 USA team, but that was a complete Embarrassment to our country. Almost as bad as the Tim Duncan led 2004 team. Because this time around we had a plan, dedicated players, and a coach and system in place to redeem USA Basketball. And that team didn't even place. A team that featured Lebronze, Wade and Carmelo playing the majority of the minutes, so to say that the reason that team lost was because these guys didn't play is just asinine, which is very fitting to your blind anti-Kobe posts. Kobe's play in the Gold Medal game was the pure definition of clutchness in the largest international stage.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#107 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:55 pm

blzrfan wrote:How can Lebron be considered a top clutch player when he misses so many crucial free throws?

A top clutch player makes shots including free throws.

Exactly. Lebronze is the antithesis of clutch. Sure he can make his layups driving to the basket down the stretch. But he is consistent in missing crucial free throws down the stretch. And that is where pure Clutchness should be exuded. When it's just you on an island at the free throw line. And you have to control your thoughts and hit them. I don't think I've seen a "superstar" miss as many crucial free throws down the stretch as he has.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 401

Post#108 » by CzBoobie » Mon Dec 8, 2008 10:18 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
Exactly. Lebronze is the antithesis of clutch. Sure he can make his layups driving to the basket down the stretch. But he is consistent in missing crucial free throws down the stretch. And that is where pure Clutchness should be exuded. When it's just you on an island at the free throw line. And you have to control your thoughts and hit them. I don't think I've seen a "superstar" miss as many crucial free throws down the stretch as he has.

again for morons: http://www.82games.com/SCSORT11.HTM
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#109 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Dec 8, 2008 10:24 pm

CzBron wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:

I've watched a lot of Cavs games. Are you going to honestly sit here and tell me that Lebron is clutch from the free throw line and makes all his free throws at the end of games? Because I've seen him consistently miss free throws at the end of the 4th.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 401

Post#110 » by CzBoobie » Mon Dec 8, 2008 10:28 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
CzBron wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:

I've watched a lot of Cavs games. Are you going to honestly sit here and tell me that Lebron is clutch from the free throw line and makes all his free throws at the end of games? Because I've seen him consistently miss free throws at the end of the 4th.

80% vs 86%...Biiiiiiiig difference right there. Not even mentioning rest of the stats.
RudyGay22
Banned User

Post#111 » by RudyGay22 » Tue Dec 9, 2008 1:11 am

I think the T/O and the Blocks and the Steals should be looked at...cant have a guy averaging like 9 T/O's in Super Clutch be Clutcher than a guy averaging, lets say for example..3.9 or so.
CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Post#112 » by CHIMOCHI » Tue Dec 9, 2008 3:22 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:
CzBron wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:

http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Lebron shot 71% from the ft line 2007-2008 season. Crunch time he shot 80% (9 % higher)

Bryant shot 84% from the ft line 2007-2008 season. Crunch time he shot 86% (2% higher). That's not making all your free throws

(just saying)
u mad?
JRS-One
Banned User

Post#113 » by JRS-One » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:00 am

Kobay wrote:http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

i dunt know how to get this years tho

Here you go... http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

And it's funny how people don't even have Anthony on their "top 10"....when he's #2 this year, and has been historically clutch throughout with his career, with about a dozen game winning shots to his name.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#114 » by ponder276 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:11 am

LeBron certainly dominates in the clutch statistically, and he is also extremely likely to get a dunk or a layup in crunch time, even against top defenders, which literally no other player can say. His game 5 clutch performance vs. the Pistons is one of the nastiest things I have ever seen. Give me LeBron.
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#115 » by FlashTheKilla » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:20 am

I find it funny that Kobe homer's claim that the Olympics (against much inferior competition) is a far bigger stage in order to make us try and forget that Kobe has singlehandedly choked away 2 NBA Finals series.

It's like being a bully and beating up a kid smaller than you to feel better about getting your ass whooped by someone your own size a few days earlier.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#116 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:29 am

Duncan dominating the game in the 4th and OT, as usual..he has to enter this discussion, even as a closer IMO..he has taken over a ridiculous amount of games with our injured team this season, in the 4th and OT..
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#117 » by Duiz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:37 am

Duiz wrote:Turkoglu and Okur are people I would give the ball to with no problems, even with Kobe or Pierce

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I am pretty much awesome.

Nice stuff... Okur and Turkoglu both pull through for me the night after I say the are two clutchest fellas in the NBA.

Okur hits the running jumper with 2 seconds left remaining in the game to give the Jazz the victory on the road by 1.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/timberwo ... 0020800307

Turkoglu hits 3-pt shoot off the glass with 3 secs remaining in the game to give the Magic the victory on the road by 1.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/play_ ... of_the_day

I am sorry fellas, but I just [/thread] this thread.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,214

Post#118 » by Heat3 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Wade was the best player on the Olympic team, had 27pts and the game clinching shot in the Gold medal game. Just ask the other teams who gave them more problems :)
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Return to The General Board