Your center running the point or your pg playing center

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Re: Your center running the point or your pg playing center 

Post#21 » by FlashTheKilla » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:12 am

Chalmers at C over...oh yeah wait, we don't even have a center.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#22 » by 5DOM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:13 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:Calderon can't defend the PG position anyway, so I'll have to go with Caldy defending the C.

we should just play 5on4 and let jose cherry pick.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,443

Post#23 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 am

Heh, Jason Thompson could bring the ball up pretty easily IMO. He actually started SF for us but in reality he is a PF/C. You can throw in Hawes as well, he can bring up the ball decently. Heck, even Miller but he will get his pocket picked easier than the two.
Ortho Stice
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#24 » by Ortho Stice » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:04 am

Pancho_Pantera wrote:Who do you take your chances with?

The Center must cross the half court line before passing it to a teammate and he must defend the opposing pg.

I know what you meant to say, but your wording doesn't mean the center needs to be dribbling the ball up the court, it merely states that he can't make a pass until he's past the half court line. So I would have the shooting guard take the ball up the court, and the center can stand at the top of the key (which he does often anyway) and look for teammates and set picks. On defense, hopefully the point guard is a bad shooter so that the center can back off him and hope for a lot of missed jumpers, or good help defense.

But, if we go by what you meant to say (that the center must be the only one who dribbles the ball up the court, and can't make a pass till he's past the half court line, then the correct answer would be to choose the point guard playing as a center. This is because if the center isn't allowed to pass the ball till he's past half court, but must be the one who dribbles it to half court, then all five players on the other team could just guard him heavily so that he can't receive the inbounds pass, or if he does, they could just trap the center, and since he wouldn't be able to pass, there would be an eight second violation, and his team wouldn't be able to score one point, whereas if the point guard played center, their team would still theoretically have a chance to win.
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#25 » by AlciG » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:51 am

Pancho_Pantera wrote:Who do you take your chances with?

The Center must cross the half court line before passing it to a teammate and he must defend the opposing pg. The pg must defend the opposing center and play the post and go through the motions that the center would usually take. This is all based on who your favorite team is.

Well since my favorite team is the Showtime Lakers and you didn't state it had to be a current team I take Magic playing Center. :lol:

As a rookie playing Center, game 6 of the NBA finals (AT Philadelphia):
42 points (14-of-23 from the field, 14-of-14 from the foul line)
15 rebounds
7 assists
3 steals

/eot
ShaY
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#26 » by ShaY » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:34 am

Yao at pg , I would pay to see that for a whole game.
“He didn’t miss?” , “That’s fantastic. That’s tremendous. I wish I could have a day like that. I dream of the day I could go 12-for-12.”-Rafer Alston
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#27 » by Point forward » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Mavs: easily Kidd as PG instead of Damp running the point. Kidd at least can rebound, whereas Damp is the second coming of Roberto Duran aka "hands of stone".

Celtics: now that is just evil, Rondo at C or Perkins at PG is just suicide. I take my chances with Rondo, as I hope KG plays some help D. Perk at point be just LOL.
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.

Return to The General Board