Bosh getting the VC treatment

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Teh Intense
Sophomore
And1: 11

Re: Bosh getting the VC treatment 

Post#21 » by Teh Intense » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 am

VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#22 » by VCRJKidd15 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:36 am

hahahhahah ^^^
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#23 » by Hendrix » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:37 am

^^^^^

LMFAO
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#24 » by L&H_05 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:46 am

I'm all for bringing Chris Bosh to Cleveland in 2010 (which will happen BTW)-- however, I must say I am a bit concerned in regards to bringing him in over here... He doesn't appear to play well in many big games, and tends to coast...I'm not sure if this is the type of big man I want in LeBron's future ??

I would say he's kinda soft... However, I'm sure coach Brown will be able to turn him into a defensive stalwart within a full training camp.. So even though I have my reservations about this, I have enough confidence in the staff that it doesn't worry me to much...
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#25 » by NetsForce » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 am

The Raptors don't need Bosh, they have Bargnani!
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#26 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 am

L&H_05 wrote:I'm all for bringing Chris Bosh to Cleveland in 2010 (which will happen BTW)-- however, I must say I am a bit concerned in regards to bringing him in over here... He doesn't appear to play well in many big games, and tends to coast...I'm not sure if this is the type of big man I want in LeBron's future ??

I would say he's kinda soft... However, I'm sure coach Brown will be able to turn him into a defensive stalwart within a full training camp.. So even though I have my reservations about this, I have enough confidence in the staff that it doesn't worry me to much...

You're acting as if Bosh is all but not at Cleveland. How about you worry about your own star leaving town first? I see you acting defensively and shooting down any NY rumors that come along, but you are doing the exact same thing as they are.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#27 » by L&H_05 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:08 am

ForeveRaptorFan wrote:
L&H_05 wrote:I'm all for bringing Chris Bosh to Cleveland in 2010 (which will happen BTW)-- however, I must say I am a bit concerned in regards to bringing him in over here... He doesn't appear to play well in many big games, and tends to coast...I'm not sure if this is the type of big man I want in LeBron's future ??

You're acting as if Bosh is all but not at Cleveland. How about you worry about your own star leaving town first? I see you acting defensively and shooting down any NY rumors that come along, but you are doing the exact same thing as they are.
In your sig, you all but have D-Wade as your starting 2guard...

Dude, there's no way that's going to happen with Bosh in Cleveland... None..
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#28 » by vi3t » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 am

he tends to coast? he's soft? it seems like ur judging Bosh solely based on tonite's game
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#29 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:32 am

Bosh is a 2nd option..

he's a choker, he still doesn't play defense, he laughs on the bench in losses..most importantly, he still doesn't show up against big names and teams for the most part..

he still needs work..
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#30 » by Adam1221 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Teh Intense wrote:Image

LOL!!!!
Anyway see there's a problem with the Toronto Raptors not neccesarily with the fans.
There's a reason VC wanted to get the heck away from there when they began to change directions into more of a rebuilding phase and has been absulotley amazing for the Nets when they began their own rebuilding plans (which is going surprisingly well I might add) even though he's much older and still doesnt have a ring.
The franchise itself treated Vince like **** and the fans clearly didnt help but I dont think its only their fault.

I mean seriously is it too much to give your star's mother a freackin game ticket?
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#31 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:17 pm

LMFAO +1 for the ball boy

Toronto hasn't turned their back on Bosh.

Is he going through some **** right now? Yes. Please don't read a few posts and assume we don't want/need him. This guy has been through thick and thin with this organization and has as been nothing but professional and humble as possible.

Comparing Bosh to VC is ridiculous.
Got Raps FanFiction?
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#32 » by Vandal Savage » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:27 pm

your missing darrick murray
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#33 » by Trilogy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:37 pm

We haven't turned our back on Bosh, at least most of us. Of course, you'll have reactionary idiots & sadly they're loud as hell in the Toronto fanbase

But, his demeanor in the last 4-5 games has looked horrible. Lacking effort & its a little disappointing.

We just need to get better around him right now, though I'd like to see him make a consistent mark on the defensive end.
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 605

Post#34 » by C.Boshly » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm

[quote="Teh Intense"][/quote]

Probably the best first post evah on these forums.

You need Panace though.
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#35 » by vado » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm

VC started to get turned on by the fans when it was visibly evident that he wasn't trying. He would just stand at the 3pt arc with his hands on his hips, not asking for the ball or doing anything and if we passed it to him it was a jumper. Until I see that lack of effort and passiveness from Bosh, I think we should definitely keep him.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#36 » by MikeM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm

No one is turning their back on him. Ask anyone the streets of Toronto what they think of Bosh and they'll bust a nut on the spot.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#37 » by kyphi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 pm

It's nowhere near as bad as that. It appears as though Bosh realizes his lofty expectations for the team are not coming true. Even though he is a professional, it has to be a bitter pill to swallow, and it sometimes shows. However, I think BC will be able to turn that team around.
maxwellcu
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#38 » by maxwellcu » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:27 pm

I don't understand the way that team is built.

What is the thought process behind surrounding a jump-shooting big man with a bunch of jump shooting role players?
blzrfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#39 » by blzrfan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 pm

BC is real culprit here. The guy did an ad-hoc rebuild plan based around established European players like Garbojosa and Parker. These players made the Raptors much better in the short term, but not contenders and certainly not built for the future. BC's short sightedness and the Bargnani pick set the team back years. His decision to trade for over the hill O'Neal only delayed the inevitable, another rebuild.
The Boshpit!
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#40 » by The Boshpit! » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 pm

I consider myself a pretty level headed fan of the Raptors. I love Bosh and all he has done for this team and this city, but there is no question he has not been giving it his all recently. He was a completely different players at the start of the season, avereging 27 and 11 with close to 10 FTA's a game and over 50% from the field. Now he is settling for 18-20 foot jumpers and rarely drives to the basket. He has also shown no real effort on the defensive end either which is really hurting the team. Hopefully this is just a slump and he will be back in no time.

Return to The General Board