So Mark Jackson's still calling Kobe best on earth, huh?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Re: So Mark Jackson's still calling Kobe best on earth, huh? 

Post#21 » by Speedlot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:14 am

i'm not a kobe fan.... haha.. Nice try though. You fail as much as your name.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#22 » by Harry Heinous » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 am

Throwback24 wrote:Wade should be MVP.
Wade-GOAT
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Wade-GOAT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:
Wade-GOAT wrote:
Speedlot wrote:Wade will get ZERO 1st place votes if the season ended right now.

Wade stays on Kobe homers' minds :lol:

and vice versa

Not at all. I came in here to make a post making fun of Mark Jackson, saw a post about MVPs and I agreed with the order. Then in comes the homer talking about Wade and taking shots at him when this is a thread about Kobe. Its sad really.

:lol:
Speedlot
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Speedlot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:23 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:Jackson just said his top 3 MVP candidates are (1) LBJ, (2) Dwight Howard, (3) Dwyane Wade

Did you miss this post? Homer? You're sad really. This topic is about Mark Jackson being a moron.
Wade-GOAT
Banned User

Post#25 » by Wade-GOAT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 am

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#26 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:26 am

Wade-GOAT wrote:
Not at all. I came in here to make a post making fun of Mark Jackson, saw a post about MVPs and I agreed with the order. Then in comes the homer talking about Wade and taking shots at him when this is a thread about Kobe. Its sad really.

:lol:

I have seen you pimp Wade while taking shots at Kobe plenty times. Yes, it is Sad.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Wade-GOAT
Banned User

Post#27 » by Wade-GOAT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 am

Never taken a shot at Kobe. Nope, never done it.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Speedlot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:33 am

Even Paul Pierce will get more MvP votes than Wade. How's that? hahah Man I just did some great Laker's fan service there.
Wade-GOAT
Banned User

Post#29 » by Wade-GOAT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:36 am

All right, too far.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Speedlot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:37 am

LOL I'm furious. What a joke.
Wade-GOAT
Banned User

Post#31 » by Wade-GOAT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 am

I really wish you did consider it a joke. That way you wouldn't be so mad.
THEmasterWAYNE
Banned User

Post#32 » by THEmasterWAYNE » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:20 am

doozyj wrote:Kobe Is the Best on the Planet. Hes is coasting a bit this year, no need to push himself as the Lakers are winning. He continues to trust his teammates this year plus he is also playing less minutes. /thread.

Yeah but why did he coast in the NBA Finals?
marshmallow
Freshman

Post#33 » by marshmallow » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:35 am

I don't understand these arguments about who the best player in the NBA is because it always seems to center around a media backed perimeter player like Kobe vs. someone (used to be McGrady before he fell off, then Wade when he did his thing in '06, now LBJ has been ESPN's favorite for sometime). Tim Duncan didn't die in a car crash, did he? I saw him play a couple nights ago. Kobe and LBJ can be out chilling at the three point line while Duncan is commanding the paint and running an offense from the double teams he gets on the post.

Another oddity, in the same vein, is that Duncan always seems to crop up into people's top ten lists of all time. Disagree, agree, whatever -- I never see Kobe or LBJ or anyone playing now except Shaq ahead of him on people's lists, and Shaq is clearly not what he used to be. But it's not like Tim is declining or something. Duncan is still a 20/10 paint patroller guy. He did a fine job of carrying the Spurs without Manu or Parker. He's had plenty of 30+ point games this year. Against Denver he had a 21/12/7/5 game. I just want to see some consistency in people's opinions is all.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#34 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:42 am

I think it's gotten to the point where Lebron is the best player in the NBA, and it's not really debatable RIGHT NOW IMO..but I don't really like seeing Wade mentioned more and Kobe getting mentioned more than some of the others..

I also have to agree that Duncan should be mentioned more..he looks better than he has in years IMO, and it's funny that so many fans and people in the media were saying he would fall off this year..his jumper is now better than it has ever been, which makes up for anything he lacks physically..he also started a new workout program during the summer that looks like it has payed off..

the guy that gets looked over the most is Dwight Howard..look at the numbers he's putting up, look at his team record..he's added a consistent hook shot, he even has the Tim Duncan bank shot every once in a while..he's no longer "just" a dunker and finisher..I don't see how he's never mentioned in the race..

KG is still anchoring the best team in the NBA, the best defensive player in the NBA..Chris Paul is still Chris Paul..

should be a bigger race..the media forgets the big man though, it's been this way since Shaq..
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#35 » by doozyj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:58 am

THEmasterWAYNE wrote:
doozyj wrote:Kobe Is the Best on the Planet. Hes is coasting a bit this year, no need to push himself as the Lakers are winning. He continues to trust his teammates this year plus he is also playing less minutes. /thread.

Yeah but why did he coast in the NBA Finals?

Dude, did you even watch the finals??? Recap, Celtics double, triple, quadruple teamed Kobe. They shut him down. Kobe isn't a god, he is a human. :roll: Replace Kobe with anyother player in the league, and you would have seen an even worse outcome.

I don't see what Celtics being a kick ass team last year has to do with anything. They won. It happens.

When you post like that all you're doing is losing credibility here.
THEmasterWAYNE
Banned User

Post#36 » by THEmasterWAYNE » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 am

Bryant was coasting on defense in the NBA Finals and this season. He's the one that lost credibility. If you replaced him with Wade or LeBron the Lakers would have done a lot better in those Finals.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#37 » by doozyj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:14 am

THEmasterWAYNE wrote:Bryant was coasting on defense in the NBA Finals and this season. He's the one that lost credibility. If you replaced him with Wade or LeBron the Lakers would have done a lot better in those Finals.

Again Wade and Lebron didn't even make it to the finals, (if they are both so great and or are the best on the planet why didn't they get to the finals huh????), they had their chance. So again your argument is worthless. :roll:

You officially made this thread lamer than it already is. Please do all of us a favor and stop following basketball, follow hockey or something...
CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Post#38 » by CHIMOCHI » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:58 pm

the great ones learn how to play defenses
lebron james got better throught the series with the celtics
whereas bryant became worse in the finals
u mad?
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#39 » by Heat3 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:50 pm

doozyj wrote:
THEmasterWAYNE wrote:Bryant was coasting on defense in the NBA Finals and this season. He's the one that lost credibility. If you replaced him with Wade or LeBron the Lakers would have done a lot better in those Finals.

Again Wade and Lebron didn't even make it to the finals, (if they are both so great and or are the best on the planet why didn't they get to the finals huh????), they had their chance. So again your argument is worthless. :roll:

You officially made this thread lamer than it already is. Please do all of us a favor and stop following basketball, follow hockey or something...

Well Lebron lost to the Celtics and performed much better against them than did Kobe. Wade was out for the year and when he played he had a team full of D leaguers.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#40 » by The Skyhook » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:30 pm

STFU. I would love to see how Wade or Lebron would have done if they were being double teamed and even triple teamed. Look I get you hate Kobe and the Lakers just like every other damn non Laker fan but neither Lebron or Wade have played on this team so there is no point of you saying this dumb crap.

Return to The General Board