Can Bynum hold up to the pressure?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Re: Can Bynum hold up to the pressure? 

Post#21 » by TonyMontana » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:wow a mod who dismisses Bynums importance to his favorite team. How is the season resting on Kobe's shoulder when he already proved last season he was incapable of doing it alone. Isn't the Lakers reason for losing due to their lack of interior D. If you cant recognize that you should have your moderator status pulled immediately.

If the lakers win its because they had interior defensive help. As great as ordan was buddy the reason he won those rings was because of Rodman/Grant who rebounded and defended.

And that Pippen guy wasnt too bad himself

Dunnce
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:24 pm

so like you to provide nothing of intelligence or significance to a thread. How unexpected
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#23 » by eatyourchildren » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Wow, Wade fans are extra crazy this year
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#24 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 pm

what was that old Chinese proverb.

Oh ya. Translated I think it's 'attack the post and not the poster'
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#25 » by Kobay » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 pm

He would get replaced by odom, and gasol has to play center which is not his comfortable position. So, there is no pressure on Bynum, his placement in the line up automatically gives us advantage. No one is asking Bynum or any other guys to do anything beyond their limits. Only player being asked of that is kobe because he is the allstar/superstar, rest are role players doing what they do every night.
CPaulMVP3
Banned User

Post#26 » by CPaulMVP3 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Portland upset in the first round ftw.

They sign Ruben Patterson.. the Kobe Stopper..
Oden shuts down Bynum
LMA shuts down Gasol
Outlaw shuts down Odom
Roy takes over in the 4th

Game 7 win in LA - UPSET.

hehe
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#27 » by NOODLESTYLE » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:44 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:LA's entire season pretty much rests on his shoulder and whether he'll be able to provide the Lakers.

It doesn't really matter, contract or not, he can just blame Kobe. Everyone else will.
flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#28 » by flash22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:what was that old Chinese proverb.

Oh ya. Translated I think it's 'attack the post and not the poster'

No you translated it wrong..."when everyone else disagrees with you...your usaually wrong"
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#29 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 pm

I've been in the minority on a lot of issues so it really doesn't bother me if my opinion is not the accepted one. I lost count on how many disagreed with me that the Heat would beat the Mavs in 2006. When I said GS would make the playoffs during the 07 season everyone laughed.

I'm still not convinced the Lakers would beat the Celtics even with Bynum. He really has not proven to be relaible. And Bynum is a 14 mil player. This shouldnt overburden him since he wanst to be paid like a star. Let's see if he can live up to the contract and be reliable.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#30 » by Speedlot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:00 pm

They made it last year without Bynum, with a STRONGER west. Sooo eh?
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#31 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:I've been in the minority on a lot of issues so it really doesn't bother me if my opinion is not the accepted one. I lost count on how many disagreed with me that the Heat would beat the Mavs in 2006. When I said GS would make the playoffs during the 07 season everyone laughed.

I'm still not convinced the Lakers would beat the Celtics even with Bynum. He really has not proven to be relaible. And Bynum is a 14 mil player. This shouldnt overburden him since he wanst to be paid like a star. Let's see if he can live up to the contract and be reliable.

Clearly you are bothered enough to say that one mod should be removed when he doesn't agree with your opinion.

I am glad that you have been right alot, but you have surely also been wrong as well.

Did you think that the Heat would beat and swept the Bulls in the playoffs two years ago? Did think that the Heat were a playoff team last year?

You know you are just going in circles by saying I know more than anyone on this thread.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#32 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:08 pm

I wasn't asking for a judicial hearing I just said it in passing since I still believe the Lakers biggest weakness lies in their interior defense. Actually this is pretty much the accepted theme on most media outlets. I cant even take credit for that one.
flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#33 » by flash22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:14 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:fine take Bynum for granted. If he gets injured just hope Kobe and Gasol are good enough to get the job done this year. Becuase certainly last year they werent good enough. Lol.

And what happens if Gasol gets injuryed...KOBE will step up and lead the team and they should still be a top 4 team in the west. Now what happens if kobe goes down... gasol would step up his game and he should beable to lead that lakers team to a bottom seed in the playoffs. So what happens if Bynum goes down...the lakers are still the 1 seed in the west.

You are taking Kobe and Gasol for granted

With out Bynum the lakers are still the best team in the west.
With out Gasol the lakers are a top 4 team in the west.
With out Kobe the lakers would be fighting to make the playoffs.

Bynum might be the piece that puts the lakers over the top but hes not the most valuable player on their team.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#34 » by microfib4thewin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 pm

We all know what happens in these types of threads. If the Lakers miss the playoffs he will bump this topic, and if the Lakers win the title with Bynum pulling his best Kareem like expression he would disappear like the wind. Making prediction threads does not showcase your knowledge of the game.
SPuL
Senior

Post#35 » by SPuL » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 pm

The difference with Bynum & Ariza being healthy won't really show until we either meet the C's or Brons in the finals.

You take any player besides Kobe out of our lineup & we still make it to the finals..

However if we aren't at full strength.. We can't beat Cleveland or Boston in a 7 game series.. Ariza guarding either Pierce or Lebron, along with Bynum anchoring the D is going to be key in those series. But at the same time, you take Kobe out of that series & we get swept..

I can kinda see your point.. But it isn't ALL on bynums shoulders.. He's just one of the pieces needed to put us over the top
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#36 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:22 pm

fine let's say Bynum is not the most important player on the Lakers. He still seems to be pretty damn important in any regard since he will be anchoring that defense. If the Lakers want the ultimate prize they will need him to be a force. For a franchise like the lakers a finals appearance is not good enough, you need to bring home some hardware. Maybe the Lakers should find a backup who could provide adequate low post D in the case Bynum is inured or in foul trouble.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#37 » by NetsForce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Right now it's the Lakers perimeter d that's letting them down... Because players are being given free passes into the lane the Lakers bigs are basically helpless out there, you can't expect them to block / alter everything.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#38 » by dockingsched » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:fine let's say Bynum is not the most important player on the Lakers. He still seems to be pretty damn important in any regard since he will be anchoring that defense. If the Lakers want the ultimate prize they will need him to be a force. For a franchise like the lakers a finals appearance is not good enough, you need to bring home some hardware. Maybe the Lakers should find a backup who could provide adequate low post D in the case Bynum is inured or in foul trouble.

yes, bynum will be important, no one disputed that. so what exactly was the purpose of this thread?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#39 » by eatyourchildren » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:30 pm

SO MANY LAKERS/KOBE SUCKS THREADS ON THE GB RIGHT NOW
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#40 » by USA » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:36 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:so like you to provide nothing of intelligence or significance to a thread. How unexpected

Oh the irony.

Return to The General Board