ImageImageImageImageImage

Movie Thread -- Happy Stuff (Non-Wizards)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Movie Thread -- Happy Stuff (Non-Wizards) 

Post#1 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29 pm

doc's pulled up a music thread and that's good to talk about.

I've seen a ton of good movies lately.

--MaDea Goes to Jail was extremely funny! Don't want to give away the scenes, but it's a must-see.

--Grand Torino was another epic Clint Eastwood film. Loved the ending for it's full circle effect.

--Transporter 3 was action-packed with real good romantic twist. Way better than the lame James Bond flick with James Craig. This movie was great.

--Pineapple Express was about as funny as Madea. Laughed til I cried at the dude who just wouldn't die.

--Tropic Thunder was another silly flick that really appealed to silly me. Great Parodies. Best of all was the dancing of Tom Cruise.

--Bolt was a decent kid's flick.

--Burn After Reading was one movie that I wish I hadn't seen. Disturbing content where pretty much all ends up bad. Malkovic, Pitt, Clooney, and the lady were all pretty vile to me. Sorry I saw that one. This black man isn't down with black comedy, I guees. Unless it's Madea black...

--Delgo was a violent computer-animated kid flick that had messages about war in it. Saw that alone and (thankfully) for free. (Helps to know people at the movie theater). I didn't hate it but it was different.

--Run Fat Boy Run was a British film that critics hated but I thought was funny as hell. Maybe it's cuz I'm fat and can't run well anymore, either. About a dad who ran out on the woman he loved only to watch her as a single mom raise his son and prepare to wed a creepy dude. My kind of movie!

--Australia was a long movie, but it appealed to the historian in me. I like it a lot, actually. Good to learn something of the plight of the Aborigines and their mistreatment by Australians, as well as how Japan bombed Austraila in WWII.

--Valkyrie was a real decent movie. Very suspenseful even though you know going in that the plot to assassinate Hitler failed. What I didn't realize was how many Germans wanted Hitler's antics to end and how extensive the plot to kill him was. (If the movie is to be believed).

Movies I planned to see but didn't for one reason or another: Etta James (forget the real title), Benjamin Button, and Slum Dog Millionaire (will probably be the next flick I see).

Any other opinions on these or other movies?
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Re: Movie Thread -- Happy Stuff (Non-Wizards) 

Post#2 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:41 pm

I missed the TV/Film thread, glad to see it back
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#3 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 am

Taken. Liam Neeson is a total badass in the movie. Awesome movie, you should give it a watch.
RealGM

Post#4 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:37 am

Another one to add to the list to see, G0A.

Was impressed with the preview reel on that one.
Bye bye Beal.
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Zerocious » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:13 am

Dangit CJJ, i was waiting till the end of season to resurrect this thread! i'll give you a good run for your money on the 'movies i've seen' level. here are some second opinions on the movies CJJ mentioned as well as some of my own:

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:doc's pulled up a music thread and that's good to talk about.

--MaDea Goes to Jail was extremely funny! Don't want to give away the scenes, but it's a must-see.

Not seen it yet, 0 for 1 here

--Grand Torino was another epic Clint Eastwood film. Loved the ending for it's full circle effect.

Own a copy, not yet seen it (0-2)

--Transporter 3 was action-packed with real good romantic twist. Way better than the lame James Bond flick with James Craig. This movie was great.

You kidding me right? puuuuuulease!!! This was the worst Statham movie to date! Transporter one and two were serious business and statham was superb ice cold, but in this lame non-story threequal, he seriously bites the big one. some lame (although attractive) flake girl totally steps on his D in this movie and makes him into a soft food and w(h)ine expert. i strongly recommend you do NOT watch this movie if you enjoyed the first and second transporter :x (1-2)

--Pineapple Express was about as funny as Madea. Laughed til I cried at the dude who just wouldn't die.

+1 seriously funny movie!

--Tropic Thunder was another silly flick that really appealed to silly me. Great Parodies. Best of all was the dancing of Tom Cruise.

Can't miss movie of the year! Don't go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word)!

Watched the beginning of this movie about 6 times, finally managed to watch the rest with the kids and did not disappoint!! great kid flick indeed!

--Burn After Reading was one movie that I wish I hadn't seen. Disturbing content where pretty much all ends up bad. Malkovic, Pitt, Clooney, and the lady were all pretty vile to me. Sorry I saw that one. This black man isn't down with black comedy, I guees. Unless it's Madea black...

Well, this movie is defenitely shocktherapy, i did enjoy it thoroughly because of the insanity of it all, plus i love malkovich! two thumbs up for me!

--Delgo was a violent computer-animated kid flick that had messages about war in it. Saw that alone and (thankfully) for free. (Helps to know people at the movie theater). I didn't hate it but it was different.

glad i missed that one!

--Run Fat Boy Run was a British film that critics hated but I thought was funny as hell. Maybe it's cuz I'm fat and can't run well anymore, either. About a dad who ran out on the woman he loved only to watch her as a single mom raise his son and prepare to wed a creepy dude. My kind of movie!

Agreed!! funny as heck, azaria is brilliant! Simon pegg is my idol>> Sean of the dead, Hot fuzz, how to loose friends and alienate people. Great actor always playing the role of an over achiever in bizarre situations! must see!

--Australia was a long movie, but it appealed to the historian in me. I like it a lot, actually. Good to learn something of the plight of the Aborigines and their mistreatment by Australians, as well as how Japan bombed Austraila in WWII.

Yah,.....nope, didn't see, except for part where mom floats in watertank....heard good reviews from the parent folks though

--Valkyrie was a real decent movie. Very suspenseful even though you know going in that the plot to assassinate Hitler failed. What I didn't realize was how many Germans wanted Hitler's antics to end and how extensive the plot to kill him was. (If the movie is to be believed).

Loved the historical aspect of it all, having tom cruise in it though was a pure waste of money, would have been equally as good with any other actor. not a spectacular job by cruise (unlike Tropic Thunder!)

Movies I planned to see but didn't for one reason or another: Etta James (forget the real title), Benjamin Button, and Slum Dog Millionaire (will probably be the next flick I see).

Benji's Butt'n is actually a real good flick!! very very interresting with many funny story lines. recommended!

Slumdog Millonair as the host pronounces it is a very heavy movie with a fantastic cinematographical approach. tells the real time story of a kid who beat all odds and escaped the slums and get on tv in hopes to be seen by girl he loves. Its a back and forth between now and days past and how he learned in his life the answers to the questions in the show. Starts of real heavy and sad, had to turn it of for the wife and watched it next day by myself. (kids in dire circumstances) in the end a great feel good movie with a happy ending.. (no not that kind....although...who knows. STAY for the credits!!

Quarantine: scary but predictable zomby movie

Let the right one in: great flick for those who don't care about vampire movies but don't really mind seeing one without to much vampire shxt. very well acted and story line

The Unborn: NOT scary! pg13, should have known. interresting flick, bad acting but hot girl in lead role works for me!

City of Ember: great teenager movie about city underground and the escape therof by three kids! good time!

Eagle eye: way over done.........kick ass anyway!

Paul Blart: skip it....unless nothing else is on

Pride and Glory: Another edward norton flick that didn't disappoint. good good cop bad cop movie

Sexdrive: must see comedy of the year, if you can get your hands on the directors cut, well, good for you, lots of extra... and .....(unfortunately) but hystericall laughs! seth green is a god! should have been more prominent.

day earth stood still: skip it! unless earth really stands still....even then.....i'd watch paul blart first

YES MAN: happy movie of the year, need a pick me up? this 'll do it for you!

Zack and MIre make a pudding: romantic comedy with seth rogen who doesn't disappoint. lots of .... and .... (again unfortunately)

saw a few more i'm sure... fell free to ask.....
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Zerocious » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:20 am

W: more like a L

hmmm......a L or an L....?
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by BanndNDC » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Etta James (forget the real title)

Cadillac Records

music's good (although mos def singing chuck berry isnt quite right and beyonce doesnt have the same vocal chops as ms. etta), movie's solid, nothing great but definitely worth a watch.
Until Grunfeld goes there is no rebuild.
RealGM

Post#8 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:38 am

Zerocious wrote:Dangit CJJ, i was waiting till the end of season to resurrect this thread! i'll give you a good run for your money on the 'movies i've seen' level. here are some second opinions on the movies CJJ mentioned as well as some of my own:

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:doc's pulled up a music thread and that's good to talk about.

Not seen it yet, 0 for 1 here

Own a copy, not yet seen it (0-2)

You kidding me right? puuuuuulease!!! This was the worst Statham movie to date! Transporter one and two were serious business and statham was superb ice cold, but in this lame non-story threequal, he seriously bites the big one. some lame (although attractive) flake girl totally steps on his D in this movie and makes him into a soft food and w(h)ine expert. i strongly recommend you do NOT watch this movie if you enjoyed the first and second transporter :x (1-2)

+1 seriously funny movie!

Can't miss movie of the year! Don't go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word)!

Watched the beginning of this movie about 6 times, finally managed to watch the rest with the kids and did not disappoint!! great kid flick indeed!

Well, this movie is defenitely shocktherapy, i did enjoy it thoroughly because of the insanity of it all, plus i love malkovich! two thumbs up for me!

glad i missed that one!

Agreed!! funny as heck, azaria is brilliant! Simon pegg is my idol>> Sean of the dead, Hot fuzz, how to loose friends and alienate people. Great actor always playing the role of an over achiever in bizarre situations! must see!

Yah,.....nope, didn't see, except for part where mom floats in watertank....heard good reviews from the parent folks though

Loved the historical aspect of it all, having tom cruise in it though was a pure waste of money, would have been equally as good with any other actor. not a spectacular job by cruise (unlike Tropic Thunder!)

Benji's Butt'n is actually a real good flick!! very very interresting with many funny story lines. recommended!

Slumdog Millonair as the host pronounces it is a very heavy movie with a fantastic cinematographical approach. tells the real time story of a kid who beat all odds and escaped the slums and get on tv in hopes to be seen by girl he loves. Its a back and forth between now and days past and how he learned in his life the answers to the questions in the show. Starts of real heavy and sad, had to turn it of for the wife and watched it next day by myself. (kids in dire circumstances) in the end a great feel good movie with a happy ending.. (no not that kind....although...who knows. STAY for the credits!!

Quarantine: scary but predictable zomby movie

Let the right one in: great flick for those who don't care about vampire movies but don't really mind seeing one without to much vampire shxt. very well acted and story line

The Unborn: NOT scary! pg13, should have known. interresting flick, bad acting but hot girl in lead role works for me!

City of Ember: great teenager movie about city underground and the escape therof by three kids! good time!

Eagle eye: way over done.........kick ass anyway!

Paul Blart: skip it....unless nothing else is on

Pride and Glory: Another edward norton flick that didn't disappoint. good good cop bad cop movie

Sexdrive: must see comedy of the year, if you can get your hands on the directors cut, well, good for you, lots of extra... and .....(unfortunately) but hystericall laughs! seth green is a god! should have been more prominent.

day earth stood still: skip it! unless earth really stands still....even then.....i'd watch paul blart first

YES MAN: happy movie of the year, need a pick me up? this 'll do it for you!

Zack and MIre make a pudding: romantic comedy with seth rogen who doesn't disappoint. lots of .... and .... (again unfortunately)

saw a few more i'm sure... fell free to ask.....

Zero, I'll get the DVD of Sexdrive. Will probably watch Yes Man and Zack nd Mire. Rogan is hilarious.

As for Transporter 3, it was the girl that did it for me. Statham still kills a bunch of dudes ... and he gets some. I got no problem with that, myself.

And how could I forget "You didn't see Dustin Hoffman go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) in Rain Man.... You NEVER go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word)!" :lol: That and Jack Black's line about he'd "swallow the gravy" had me ROTFL.

Like you, Zero, I saw a few more movies. These came to mind:

Wall E -- Excellent Pixar animation. Great plot with a love story. My kids and I loved it.

Kung Fu Panda - My kids loved it. I thought it was pretty decent.

Iron Man -- LOVED Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. Sort of a derelict turned hero. I'm a sucker for all the Marvel movies. Love the Stan Lee cameo. I was very impressed with the whole movie.

Hulk -- Just like the above. I thought the animation and cinematography was excellent for this film. Lou Ferrigno has a cameo. If you're old school and remember the original Hulk this rocks. Really great fight scenes and a better than average plot.

Wanted -- Movie about a fraternity of killers. One guy has these superhuman killing abilities and Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie are trying to kill him. Unbelieveable but entertaining. I did like the hit scenes. Kinda of Matrix meets Kill Bill but not as good as either.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#9 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:41 am

Zerocious wrote:W: more like a L

hmmm......a L or an L....?

W like an L? Why shouldn't art imitate life?

The only movie I would like to see about W could be entitled "W Goes to Jail".

It would be a documentary about an ex-President being tried and convicted of crimes against humanity while launching the US into an unnecessary, expensive war. Lots of death and suffering. (Particularly among Iraqis). Lots of deployments and horror stories among military families. All based on faulty/false intelligence. Without UN approval and done in ignorance of diplomatic measures previously in place. And what has it all accomplished?

This ex-President would face punishment to be meted out by the world court.

Now that's a movie I'd watch...
Bye bye Beal.
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Zerocious » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Zero, I'll get the DVD of Sexdrive. Will probably watch Yes Man and Zack nd Mire. Rogan is hilarious.

As for Transporter 3, it was the girl that did it for me. Statham still kills a bunch of dudes ... and he gets some. I got no problem with that, myself.

And how could I forget "You didn't see Dustin Hoffman go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) in Rain Man.... You NEVER go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word)!" :lol: That and Jack Black's line about he'd "swallow the gravy" had me ROTFL.

Like you, Zero, I saw a few more movies. These came to mind:

Wall E -- Excellent Pixar animation. Great plot with a love story. My kids and I loved it.

Kung Fu Panda - My kids loved it. I thought it was pretty decent.

Iron Man -- LOVED Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. Sort of a derelict turned hero. I'm a sucker for all the Marvel movies. Love the Stan Lee cameo. I was very impressed with the whole movie.

Hulk -- Just like the above. I thought the animation and cinematography was excellent for this film. Lou Ferrigno has a cameo. If you're old school and remember the original Hulk this rocks. Really great fight scenes and a better than average plot.

Wanted -- Movie about a fraternity of killers. One guy has these superhuman killing abilities and Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie are trying to kill him. Unbelieveable but entertaining. I did like the hit scenes. Kinda of Matrix meets Kill Bill but not as good as either.

Kung Fu Panda
is my recent favorite animated movie by far, i think i've watched about a dozen times with the kids.
Wall-e is great, reminds me of Fallout 3
Iron MAn and Hulk are fantastic and get two thumbs up in my books, did you see the extra scene after the credits in Hulk, CCJ? Very Promising!!!
Wanted is okay, special effects we're cool, kind of simple but entertaining to watch.

Another Must see i forgot to mention: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, i must have seen it like 4 times and the main character dude has another movie coming out soon 'I love you,man!'. Don't miss this one, very funny! This one of those movies (to me anyway) that gets funnier after the first time you see it.

Has anyone ever seen 'waiting' with ryan reynolds? a sequel is out now called 'still waiting' haven't seen it yet though. I will probbly watch 'watchmen' tonight if i get the chance. i'll review it tomorrow here.
lupin
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by lupin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Taken is much better than the trailer, even. The first 20 minutes are a little slow, but once the main story starts going it doesn't stop moving until the credits roll. I was really surprised at how good this movie was. Here in Oz they hyped it up like Bourne and I had a hard time buying it. But it was actually similar, better in some ways. Unlike the Bourne sequels, at least, you can follow the action (camera work), and Neeson's style is much more straight forward and efficient than the fancy footwork of Bourne (loved the first one though).

Just saw Watchmen. I liked it, but I think you have to really know what it's about before you see the movie and/or be a fan. It's about superheroes, but it's not really a superhero movie. Seemed fairly faithful to the comic which is probably why it is a little tough on the audience because there were a lot of plotlines going on in the book to be in just one movie.
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Soup's Uncle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:47 pm

The Wrestler...SEE IT!
F Street = Wall Street
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#13 » by miller31time » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Just off the top of my head....

Wall-E = Incredible. It's so difficult to create a movie one group will love (kids), let alone three (kids, teens, adults). The geniuses at Pixar do it again.

The Punisher = Exactly what you expect. Not a great story-line. Not great acting. But lots of fight-scenes and it keeps you interested/entertained.

The Spirit = Predictable story and acting is so-so, but incredible visuals. Really, top-notch.

Watchmen = Awesome. Just don't bring the kids.....whatever you do, don't bring the kids.

I Am Legend = Very well-done. I normally am not a huge fan of Will Smith, but he is excellent in this movie. Very believable. The entire movie keeps you in suspense and the non-use of much music really made it into something special, IMO. Very "28 Days Later"-esque.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by miller31time » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Zerocious wrote:Another Must see i forgot to mention: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, i must have seen it like 4 times and the main character dude has another movie coming out soon 'I love you,man!'. Don't miss this one, very funny! This one of those movies (to me anyway) that gets funnier after the first time you see it.

That was a great movie. One of the funniest of the year, IMHO.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#15 » by fishercob » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Been to three movies since my daughter was born 14 months ago,: Bank Job, Nick & Nora's, and Slumdog. Enjoyed all three, especially the latter two.

Caught Dark Knight on DVD and it didnt come close to living up to the hype. Heath Ledger was good, but the movie lacked what some of us like to refer to as a "plot." Saw Tropic Thunder on DVD and that was pretty good; had some very funny parts. I'm not a huge Ben Stiller fan, though.

Just saw Vicki CHristina Barcelona and loved that. Penelope Cruz was fantastic as well as being...well...fantastic.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#16 » by pancakes3 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Waiting: I enjoyed it but it's basically your typical, run of the mill, potty humor that you would expect it to be. If you're unable to laugh at genitalia or scat humor, you'd probably want to avoid this one.

Still Waiting: I thought it was just as funny as the first one despite an enormous downgrade in "acting talent". More sexed up than the first one.

Forgetting Sarah marshall: +1 on the funniest movie this year. I thought it was way better than tropic thunder by a wide margin, but then again i'm not a big Ben Stiller fan either.

Religulous: Bill Maher's documentary making various religious pundits uncomfortable. I thought he should have approached his interviews without that enormous chip on his shoulders. He harps on the typical atheist arguments and snipes at points of controversy which does make you think, but is also kind of a dick while doing so. He was also noticeably more hostile against the muslim religion but doesn't pull any punches on christianity either.

Flow: another documentary, this one on the availability of water in third world countries. heartwrenching and makes you outraged at the conditions of the impoverished worldwide, but the way they blow domestic water problems out of proportion makes you question if they did the same with the problems abroad. Like all things, watch with a grain of salt.

Dark Knight: Definitely a movie that gets less riveting with repeated viewings. The more i think about it, the less i like the fact that they beat the "a hero must choose" message into the audience. I'm assuming this is what fishercob was talking about with regards to plot. A simple story drawn out over 180 minutes makes the plot seem less impactful.

Benjamin Button: Visually stunning. Very artsy. Decent story. Very long, but i only caught myself wondering about the run time once and that was towards the very end. It's definitely one of those movies that's supposed to make you do some introspection of your own life.

Grand Torino: Great story. Clint Eastwood is uber-believable. A lot more realistic gang story than any spike lee movie, at least for me. The acting is sincere and sucks you into the movie entirely.

Cadillac: Didn't this movie spark the controversy between Etta James and Beyonce that culminated in the Innauguration fiasco? decent flick. The singing carries it, but that was expected. Better than Dreamgirls imo.

anyone seen coraline? my sister wants to see it and i'm debating on taking her. i fell asleep during wall-e, but i've enjoyed the other tim burton joints like Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride.

and fired up. at first look, the trailer looks beyond stupid and predictable on par with an american pie 8 movie, but i dunno... i thought the same thing about 40 year old virgin. i want to give it a chance. i really do.
Bullets -> Wizards
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by miller31time » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Religulous: Bill Maher's documentary making various religious pundits uncomfortable. I thought he should have approached his interviews without that enormous chip on his shoulders. He harps on the typical atheist arguments and snipes at points of controversy which does make you think, but is also kind of a dick while doing so. He was also noticeably more hostile against the muslim religion but doesn't pull any punches on christianity either.

Did you really go into a movie with Bill Maher thinking he was going to be even the slightest bit respectful and non-confrontational?

I like Bill and used to watch his show all the time back when I had HBO, but politeness and...well...political correctness is not something he is known for.

:D
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#18 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:06 pm

pancakes3 wrote:anyone seen coraline? my sister wants to see it and i'm debating on taking her. i fell asleep during wall-e, but i've enjoyed the other tim burton joints like Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride.

I saw Coraline. It was great and I really enjoyed it, more so than Nightmare Before Christmas. It was really creepy, maybe even too much for a very young kid. I guess it depends on your sister's age and maturity level.
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Miller, I did see another Will Smith flick, too. Hancock.

It was mildly entertaining. Like the part where Will Smith's alcoholic hero character takes this kid that was making fun of him and throws him thousands of feet in the air (and catches the kid, who's mortified).

Another movie just remembered seeing last summer or so was Traitor, with Don Cheadle. Good plot. Guy's a Muslim with CIA background who later does turn traitor. Lot of twists and turns.
Bye bye Beal.
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by Zerocious » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Miller, I did see another Will Smith flick, too. Hancock.

It was mildly entertaining. Like the part where Will Smith's alcoholic hero character takes this kid that was making fun of him and throws him thousands of feet in the air (and catches the kid, who's mortified).

Another movie just remembered seeing last summer or so was Traitor, with Don Cheadle. Good plot. Guy's a Muslim with CIA background who later does turn traitor. Lot of twists and turns.

yes, really likes traitor, i thought 1 am legend was a bust. i guess because i read the book first, silly me. the book has an amazing ending much contrary to the movie (for who cares, i am legend refers to the last thought of the main character while he swallows a kill pill while looking out of his jail cell on the top floor looking down onto the courtyard filled with 1000's of zombies. he was the legend to/among zombies who would go out at night and kill dozens of them. in the book the ombies manage to become smarter and learn how to walk in day light more and more. read the book, should only take you about 4 hr to get through! recommended)

hancock was okay from an entertainment point of view, much like 7 pounds or whatever it lacked suction, a fairly weak and predictable story. it doesn;t really get you involved in the story line, good watch anywee.

Role models anyone! serious laughter is nigh! very very funny

now some ratings (1 god awfull - 10 legendary) 8 and up are must see's!!!

fred claus 5
outlander 6
ghost town 9!
max payne 7.5
space chimps 7
midnight meat train 9!!
what just happened 8

i saw taken this past summer when a trailer was leaked, and was very impressed by liam! liked the movie, better than transporter 3!

watching watchmen tonight then watching the game on dvr so i can fly through commercials and half time.

in bruge 8.8
jumper 7
horton hears a who 7.5
no country for old men 8.875
meet the spartans (only after you watch 300) 8

how far back do we go with movie titles, ccj?

Return to Washington Wizards