ImageImageImageImage

OT: A salute to Bubba "Whoop Ass" Wilson

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magic1636
Analyst
And1: 14

OT: A salute to Bubba "Whoop Ass" Wilson 

Post#1 » by magic1636 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:16 pm

To anyone who listens to the monsters on real radio 104.1 Bubba has been fired in a move to cut the budgets. So in honor of him I give a "Bubba salute" hands up, all down.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: OT: A salute to Bubba "Whoop Ass" Wilson 

Post#2 » by mhectorgato » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm

magic1636 wrote:To anyone who listens to the monsters on real radio 104.1 Bubba has been fired in a move to cut the budgets. So in honor of him I give a "Bubba salute" hands up, all down.

Someone just told me that Oddo from the Phile has also been laid off.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magic1636
Analyst

Post#3 » by magic1636 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 pm

my dad was listening to the phile and he told me about bubba and they were mentioning oddo as well
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,413

Post#4 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 pm

wow, that's pretty crazy considering how popular bubba is. I used to listen to the Monsters, haven't in months though cause I can't stand Russ anymore. Is Tiffany still on there? if she's still there and they let go of Bubba I think i'm gonna be sick.

I wonder if anyone from the Shannon Burke Show will be let go (then again, they only have 3 plus Sceric). That's the program I listen to the most while driving. If they ever get rid of SBK I'll turn off real radio forever. :P

Salute to Bubba though. I wasn't his biggest fan, but he was entertaining for sure. And he had some crazy ass songs. Mr Nipple was my favorite!
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#5 » by Viper1500 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Hes my step brothers dad, Josh.. Haven't talked to Josh about it yet and didn't even know but sad to hear.. Only met him twice, but good luck to him.
magic1636
Analyst

Post#6 » by magic1636 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Tiffany is still on there, but I don't consider her as a member of the show. To me she is more of a intern since she is only in studio Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. IMO that maybe how clear channel sees her as well. Even though im not going hopefully he still plays Miss Monster on Saturday.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#7 » by craig01 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm

clear channel is notoriously cheap.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 329

Post#8 » by trebone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 pm

why does anyone waste their time on terestrial radio anymore satellite radio is the shiznit!
magic1636
Analyst

Post#9 » by magic1636 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Work truck doesn't have satellite, monsters are on satellite also so either way I still listen to em.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#10 » by MagicMadness » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 am

What the hell?

When did this happen, today? I listen to the Monsters when I get up for work in the morning, but just happened to not be using my radio alarm clock the past two days. But I do remember catching the very end of the show yesterday and could've sworn Bubba did the usual sign off at the end - Tiffany wasn't there though.

Bubba was my favorite on the show, and easily one of the most popular ones. I used to listen to the Monsters back in the late '90s as well, before I left for college - he's been part of the show forever.

Unbelievable. :nonono:
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by christian72589 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:01 am

i thought satellite radio on the whole was in financial trouble.... anyway good luck Bubba
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#12 » by ClashCityRocker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 am

i'm not the biggest bubba fan but without him they won't be the same, just because they won't be able to produce songs like they were without their main songwriter.
However I definately won't miss correct me's. It sucks, but at least he got cleaned up before this happened.

If they got rid of Dirty Jim I would stop listening. He's contravers-ee-al Haha!

I say they dump the BS show and syndicate Phil Hendrie again. That was the best!

And while we're at it, let's bring back the old real music weekends and not this HD classic alternative promo bull their jamming down my throat.

And get rid of 2 Guys 1 Sports Show

Real Radio be makin me mad as hell! :o
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by MagicMadness » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:18 am

ClashCityRocker wrote:i'm not the biggest bubba fan but without him they won't be the same, just because they won't be able to produce songs like they were without their main songwriter.

Very good point.

On that note, I checked their site and Russ wrote that they would talk about Bubba on Wednesday's show.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#14 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Didn't know there were so many listeners or I would've said something yesterday afternoon when I heard about this.

Oddo is going to be deeply missed.
Tiffany has boobs, she's not getting fired. I won't miss Bubba all that much.

And The BS Show is AWESOME, any show that does motorboating karaoke wins at life. Newslibs and Glory Hole are hilarious as well.

Also Shot Doctor got fired from Clear Channel, again. :( Also a few others from XL.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#15 » by darthcheech2000 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 pm

monster's on this mornings show were depressed it made it hard to listen. Very sad day yesterday for real radio. I will miss otto and bubba.

never knew so many listeners where on here
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by MagicMadness » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:50 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Also Shot Doctor got fired from Clear Channel, again. :( Also a few others from XL.

Damn! :-?

Shot Doctor's the man. So they ended up firing two of my favorites.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by ClashCityRocker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:

And The BS Show is AWESOME, any show that does motorboating karaoke wins at life. Newslibs and Glory Hole are hilarious as well.

The BS is worse than the hideout was. Every single show is broken into the same segments. There's nothing worse for radio than recurring bits. Does the BS really need to rely on
"Hour 1 we'll do what that bitch say/Caraoke"
"Hour 2 is newslibs"
"Hour 3 is Glory Hole Of Mystery"
"Now wrap it up with Bucket's Bedtime Stories and throw in some Ronald Cummings calls between segments and that's a wrap!"
I wish I had something else to listen to during my night job so i wouldn't have to know that much about the BS.
No offense to you AdamtheGreek but Buckethead is pretty douchy
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by MagicMadness » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Yeah, no offense but the BS just isn't that great. I don't sit and listen to the radio at night, but sometimes I catch segments of the show while in my car driving and it just seems...boring, I guess. Jokes that are half funny, and Buckethead just doesn't do it for me - never did.

I mean...there's a reason his show comes on at night instead of during the prime daytime hours.

I do like the Shannon Burke show, though. I just started getting into that when I moved back down to Orlando, and Burke and SBK have a really good chemistry going on there.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by ClashCityRocker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:03 pm

MagicMadness wrote:I do like the Shannon Burke show, though. I just started getting into that when I moved back down to Orlando, and Burke and SBK have a really good chemistry going on there.

Yeah Shannon Burke is good. Him, SBK, Cabin and even Sceric all seem like they really know what they're doing.

Anybody hear Russ crying this morning? I set my alarm to hear the very beginning of the show to see how he reacted to Bubba being fired and it was really weird. "you wanted the best you got it, whatever..."
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#20 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Shannon Burke show is REALLY good.

I've been to Clear Channel and inside Real Radio's office, great atmosphere and they really didn't want to have to fire anyone, damn economy.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379

Return to Orlando Magic