ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#1 » by polo007 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Hey guys,

ESPN NBA analyst Ric Bucher was interviewed today on The Bill Watters Show on AM640.

Here is what he had to say regarding Chris Bosh's future in Toronto.

NBA sources have told Ric Bucher that:

- The Toronto Raptors have either made or will make Chris Bosh a presumptuous contract offer this summer. It is basically a take it or leave it contract proposal. If Chris Bosh rejects the Raptors long-term contract extension offer (99% chance of occurring) this summer, he will definitely get traded this summer.

- The Raptors are not convinced that Chris Bosh wants to be in Toronto for the long-term.

- It seems as though, Chris Bosh is envious and jealous of the playoff success that has been achieved by some of his fellow Team USA teammates such as Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James.

- Unnamed NBA GM's think that Chris Bosh isn't a franchise player since players such as LeBron james and Dwyane Wade wouldn't allow their respective teams to lose as many games that the Raptors did during the 2008-09 NBA season, even if they were not playing 100% healthy.
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#2 » by The Notic » Thu May 14, 2009 10:29 pm

bucher and wojnarowski have said the same thing now. that's about as official as it gets as far as rumours go.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#3 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Floodgates have opened! Let 'er rip!
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#4 » by Griff83 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Isnt Bucher like one of the most credible sources in the NBA?
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Bucher is normally right, aside from the Kobe trade rumors.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#6 » by 5DOM » Thu May 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Unnamed NBA GM's think that Chris Bosh isn't a franchise player since players such as LeBron james and Dwyane Wade wouldn't allow their respective teams to lose as many games that the Raptors did during the 2008-09 NBA season, even if they were not playing 100% healthy.

ROFL! Dwyane Wade's team TANKED last year.
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#7 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 10:33 pm

I think by this point its obvious that a trade with GSW is in the works, both sides are hot and heavy for each sides players and sending Bosh out of the ECF makes the most sense.
rapsrealm
Assistant Coach
And1: 424

Post#8 » by rapsrealm » Thu May 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Personally I don't even think it'll go that far. I think the Raps will end up trading him draft night.
mappiah19
Analyst
And1: 1,139

Post#9 » by mappiah19 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:34 pm

If Raps make a deal with GSW, I want Stephen Jackson in return along with other players. Raptors clearly need veteran leadership on this team.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 10:36 pm

rapsrealm wrote:Personally I don't even think it'll go that far. I think the Raps will end up trading him draft night.

I think that's fair. I think it would be best to wait a lil' bit, and see what takes place in the market with other guys like Amare Stoudemire and David West, but if we want to get draft picks, trading Bosh near the draft is the best way to go IMO.
d-Mac
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#11 » by d-Mac » Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 pm

polo007 wrote:- Unnamed NBA GM's think that Chris Bosh isn't a franchise player since players such as LeBron james and Dwyane Wade wouldn't allow their respective teams to lose as many games that the Raptors did during the 2008-09 NBA season, even if they were not playing 100% healthy.

Umm, how many games did D-Wade allow the Heat lose last year? 67. 41 of which Wade played in, including back to back 15 and 11 game losing streaks.
I'm not fully convinced Bosh is a Franchise player either, but this is just bad logic.

Heat 07-08 Record with Wade: 10-41
Raptors 08-09 Record with Bosh: 31-46
rapsrealm
Assistant Coach
And1: 424

Post#12 » by rapsrealm » Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 pm

TiKusDom wrote:I think by this point its obvious that a trade with GSW is in the works, both sides are hot and heavy for each sides players and sending Bosh out of the ECF makes the most sense.

Not sure if anyone remembers but I think it was at the end of the season some guy who apparently has some connections within the organization was saying how at the trade deadline there was a team which proposed a really good deal (most likely GSW) where BC told the GM we'll talk about it this summer.

It's actually interesting to hear BC change his tone regarding this whole BC situation during the trade deadline when the stories came out that teams were calling in due to the Stephen A. Smith comment BC came out and said he told every team that called that Bosh will not be traded and the conversation would end there. At the end of the season I think it was on the FAN he was interviewed he said that he did write down what was offered for Bosh so he knows what kind of value he has if he does trade him.
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#13 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
I think that's fair. I think it would be best to wait a lil' bit, and see what takes place in the market with other guys like Amare Stoudemire and David West, but if we want to get draft picks, trading Bosh near the draft is the best way to go IMO.

I definitely would not mind taking GSW 7th pick+ Marco + one of Andris or Monta ellis and possibly AR ( the GMs can battle it out ). I think this draft's top 10 is going to have some really nice gems. Most people knock how bad this draft is, but there are some really nice studs to be had. Rebuilding with a 7th pick + 9th pick + Marco + Monta or Andris is one helluva nice young athletic way to reboot this franchise.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 pm

To the OP, did Bucher definitely say that Chris Bosh will be traded, as you have quoted as the title of this thread?
Griff83
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Griff83 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 pm

What # is Golden states first rounder?

It would be awesome to come out of this draft with Tyreke Evans/Ty Lawson or Derozan/Flynn
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#16 » by thegame10 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 pm

anybody with a basketball iq knows that u should trade bosh if he rejects an extension.

monta ellis
andrin b
pick
anthony randolph

for
jose
cb4
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#17 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Griff83 wrote:What # is Golden states first rounder?

It would be awesome to come out of this draft with Tyreke Evans/Ty Lawson or Derozan/Flynn

They have the # 7th pick

If raptors can come out with Tyreke Evans at 7th and DeRozan and 9th I am going streaking.
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#18 » by polo007 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Yep, Bucher said that he thinks Chris Bosh will definitely be traded this summer.
Griff83
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Griff83 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Oh #7 is GStates

Jennings/Derozan

:)
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#20 » by dagger » Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 pm

mappiah19 wrote:If Raps make a deal with GSW, I want Stephen Jackson in return along with other players. Raptors clearly need veteran leadership on this team.

If we trade Bosh we don't need veteran leadership. We need the best value back.

Everyone here is making a mistake: They are trying to figure out the very best single-team trade involving players only. But if we trade Bosh and don't get a player of equal value back - we need the best combination of young players, picks, cap space etc to do an accelerated rebuild. Not a rebuild from the ground up, but something which can get us to a good place in 2-3 years. (Which may be how long it takes with any scenario, even one with Bosh).

We might get a player who doesn't fit perfectly, but will hold his value until a later trade.

If Babcock had traded Vince for two picks and not had to take back Zo and Eric and Aaron Williams, it would have been a better deal because the players we got back had virtually no value. Stephen Jackson, in a year or two, is not likely to be good trade material because of his age and contract extension. But even if we take back a younger player who doesn't fit our style of play, he will always have good trade value in a year or two.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER

Return to Toronto Raptors