Image ImageImage Image

The Ben Gordon appreciation thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

bullybullz
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: The Ben Gordon appreciation thread 

Post#21 » by bullybullz » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:33 pm

Ahhhh Ben Gordon. What can I say about you?? You were my favorite Bull the first 3 years you were with the team. You made big shots in the clutch, the team was winning, a new foundation was developing with the Baby Bulls!!

Oh my how things have changed the last 2 years from you. You weren't the same player I used to be rooting for. You mentioned in an article on how you went to NBA.com to regularly check your stats. This was foreshadowing now wasn't it? About how it wasn't all about the team and wins but in fact about the money. Maybe you were hiding your true intentions your first 3 years or maybe money changed you. In a bad way.

It was shocking the way you played. Taking contract/chuck shots. I first thought this was just going to be a one-game thing but when it happened routinely, I just couldn't root for you anymore and wanted you gone. You weren't playing for the team, you were playing for your next contract. Thus I had to name you BUM Gordon. You were my favorite player!!!

I wish these last 2 seasons, you played like your first 3 seasons but I guess it just wasn't meant to be huh? Everything happens for a reason.

Well at least now I won't ever have to worry about your sorry ass being a member of the Chicago Bulls ever again!!. Go break a leg in Detroit you money-greedy bastard!!
Get rid of Bum Gordon(DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!) and Andres Sucioni(DONE!!)

Rerisen wrote:Gordon really good at acting like he is about to lose the ball to bait defenders into fouls. At least that's one way to look at it.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Post#22 » by Wingy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:33 pm

Will always be a fan...to Detroit is an extra swift kick to the balls. We got stupid Ben Garbage Wallace from them when he was done. They get BG on the cusp of entering his prime.

**** you Reinsdorf and Co.

To the rest of you....stop buying Bulls stuff until the tax is paid.
Linguistik
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#23 » by Linguistik » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:33 pm

C3 wrote:It looks like were going to have to play team ball again guys.

Gone are the days, Gordon gets the ball, Gordon shoots. Now Rose gets to decide who shoots. He is now the undisputed leader of this team.

Rose now has some more weight placed upon him, lets hope he handles it. I believe that he will.

Yep, this is what I want to see. No more Ben Gordon one-on-one heart-attack-inducing jumpshots with 3 guys covering him.
pdenninggolden
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#24 » by pdenninggolden » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:34 pm

sdeezy wrote:One of my saddest days as a Bulls fan. I'm pretty down right now..he was so much fun to watch when he was on his game..the clutch shots, the silent assassin mentality, the professionalism will all be missed.

Godspeed Ben

Ditto all this! Love you, Ben...don't want you to go!
The NBA: Where DRose Happens!
"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa
God Rest the Souls of Norm VanLier and Johnny "Red" Kerr
Sonny_D1
Lead Assistant
And1: 218

Post#25 » by Sonny_D1 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:35 pm

Linguistik wrote:

Gone are the days, Gordon gets the ball, Gordon shoots. Now Rose gets to decide who shoots. He is now the undisputed leader of this team.

Rose now has some more weight placed upon him, lets hope he handles it. I believe that he will.

Yep, this is what I want to see. No more Ben Gordon one-on-one heart-attack-inducing jumpshots with 3 guys covering him.

Yup. Can't wait to watch TT take those 18 foot jumpers he's been working so hard to perfect.
I Hate Names
Sixth Man
And1: 15
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#26 » by I Hate Names » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:35 pm

bullybullz wrote:Ahhhh Ben Gordon. What can I say about you?? You were my favorite Bull the first 3 years you were with the team. You made big shots in the clutch, the team was winning, a new foundation was developing with the Baby Bulls!!

Oh my how things have changed the last 2 years from you. You weren't the same player I used to be rooting for. You mentioned in an article on how you went to NBA.com to regularly check your stats. This was foreshadowing now wasn't it? About how it wasn't all about the team and wins but in fact about the money. Maybe you were hiding your true intentions your first 3 years or maybe money changed you. In a bad way.

It was shocking the way you played. Taking contract/chuck shots. I first thought this was just going to be a one-game thing but when it happened routinely, I just couldn't root for you anymore and wanted you gone. You weren't playing for the team, you were playing for your next contract. Thus I had to name you BUM Gordon. You were my favorite player!!!

I wish these last 2 seasons, you played like your first 3 seasons but I guess it just wasn't meant to be huh? Everything happens for a reason.

Well at least now I won't ever have to worry about your sorry ass being a member of the Chicago Bulls ever again!!. Go break a leg in Detroit you money-greedy bastard!!

You're an idiot. You're criticizing someone for playing with a team that will offer him more money. If I was Ben Gordon I'd sign with Detroit too. Its the Bulls Front Office/Reinsdorf who should be blamed.
DRose: "We're going to be a grimy team. We don't care who we play, we don't care what's going on . . .teams are going to know whenever they play us, whenever the Bulls step on the court we're going to fight and do whatever to win that game."
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#27 » by anorexorcism » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:35 pm

Believe me wingy I could be done now until reinsdorf croaks. I am really depressed.
I Hate Names
Sixth Man
And1: 15
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#28 » by I Hate Names » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:36 pm

Linguistik wrote:

Maybe he only did that because our other option would have been Tyrus Thomas clanking a shot just below the 3-point line?
DRose: "We're going to be a grimy team. We don't care who we play, we don't care what's going on . . .teams are going to know whenever they play us, whenever the Bulls step on the court we're going to fight and do whatever to win that game."
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#29 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:37 pm

Linguistik wrote:

I remember that's how we started on Halloween against Boston. We were off to a new era, Gordon on the bench, we were ready to prove how useless he was. Then, the game started.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#30 » by BrooklynBulls » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:38 pm

Good luck, Ben. Some of us will miss you much.
C3
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#31 » by C3 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:39 pm

I still feel Gordon is a top 15 talent as a player, in the Bulls organization. Just a bad fit with our current personel.

I wish you all the luck in the World Gordon. You always handled yourself with pride, and was a benefit to this organization. Your professionalism will be missed.

If you read this, good luck. I'm sorry I was so hard on you.
Don't take life to seriously and find your potential. Most importantly, have as much fun as you can while you're still here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN2gMP3Q ... r_embedded
homersimpson
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#32 » by homersimpson » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:40 pm

Although he's a midget, although his Defense is average at best, although he cant dribble, although he cant play point guard....

But Ben, Bulls gonna regret this.....that they just let you walk away..

Next season in this forum, we gonna see a lot of "I miss Ben Gordon!!!" thread
Coldchi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18

Post#33 » by Coldchi » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:41 pm

thanks for the memories even if your lack of def created the need for big shots
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#34 » by anorexorcism » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:42 pm

One thing I loved about bg was how back in his rookie yr when he was less well known he'd make his AIM available on his myspace page and he'd actually chat once in a blue moon with the fans. Also can't
forget the 7 questions thing he did with Jill. I'm happy he answered my question :)
cark
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#35 » by cark » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:43 pm

I'll miss Ben. Not only was he fun to watch on offense, but it's a canard that he didn't play defense. He actually did a pretty decent job the past couple years.

He worked hard. He seemed pretty candid and smart in interviews. And I'll always wonder how, when he smiled, you could see all but his two front teeth. Weird skill, that.
bullybullz
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#36 » by bullybullz » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:43 pm

anorexorcism wrote:One thing I loved about bg was how back in his rookie yr when he was less well known he'd make his AIM available on his myspace page and he'd actually chat once in a blue moon with the fans. Also can't
forget the 7 questions thing he did with Jill. I'm happy he answered my question :)

Yup he also had his own website which I used to visit often. Those were the days!!
Get rid of Bum Gordon(DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!) and Andres Sucioni(DONE!!)

Rerisen wrote:Gordon really good at acting like he is about to lose the ball to bait defenders into fouls. At least that's one way to look at it.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#37 » by Shill » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:44 pm

Good luck, Rainmaker...but not too much now that you're in league with the enemy.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 483

Post#38 » by SlimD235 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:45 pm

Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:Good luck, Rainmaker...but not too much now that you're in league with the enemy.

I predict the Rainmaker signs with 313 and puts out a rap album that sweeps the nation.

At the same time, the Bulls will sweep the Pistons in Round 1.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,843

Post#39 » by Ben » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:46 pm

I heart Ben Gordon. I'm really, really sad.
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,792

Post#40 » by t-time » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:49 pm

Im gonna miss you Ben. Definately my favourite Bull and its going to be sad seeing you playing for another team. I hope you make the all-star team and make us look even worst.

Return to Chicago Bulls