Image ImageImage Image

The Ben Gordon appreciation thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran
And1: 1

Re: The Ben Gordon appreciation thread 

Post#121 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:41 am

We offered fair money for 2 straight offseasons and then he goes to a rival. Up yours Ben. I won't the 'hope BG's bad shots go in' offense.
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#122 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:41 am

he made the bulls exciting again. I can't count the moments he gave us because there's just too many. A few random ones I can recall tho:

A game late in the 05-06 season. We're without Deng, without Duhon and our team needs every win desperately to make the playoffs sitting at 35-31. We're playing the Nets, a team that's pretty damn good at this point (47-29). Gordon drops 36, including 20 in the 4th quarter, to win it. He literally put us on his back and made sure we got the game that tied us for the 8th and final playoff spot.

Our 17 point comeback against Indiana in 05-06. Gordon scores 23 on his 23rd birthday, including a huge 3 pointer with the shot clock winding down. Noc gave it to BG in a terrible spot, way outside of the 3 point line, and a Jermaine O'Neal draped over him...gordon pivots leans in for an awkward shot from way downtown and buries it. highlights here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaIsz1hzjWU
The play I'm talking about is at 3:16. Btw, I love how pumped red kerr gets over this shot.

Bulls Wizards 04-05 playoffs game 1. The night belonged to Andres Nocioni, but this was simply, one of the best games I'd ever seen. I had completely forgotten what a chicago bull playoff game was like, and how much freakin better it was than a regular season game. I couldn't believe where our team had gotten themselves...from a cellar dwelling crap team to up 1-0 in the playoffs, led by virtually all rookies...BG dropped 30 to lead the bulls in his first ever playoff game. Also of note...Bulls played this hell of a series without Luol (surprise surprise) and Eddy Curry.

This year Bulls vs Pistons..Johhny Red Kerr night. I wanted to go to this game, but I wasn't able to get tickets at a good price. By complete chance my friends who work for the bulls were able to get me free tickets the morning of the game. This was possibly the best game I've been to. The atmosphere after the red kerr halftime ceremony was punctuated by a resounding comeback with the climax, Ben Gordon's 4 pt play, which sent me, someone who rarely gets loud during a game...into hysterics. Another high point of this game was where I was sitting..some crappy 3rd level seat. Some old guy popped next to me after the first half and sorta creeped me out, but before I knew it he was talking about how this was his 2nd game ever being at...his first being watching Dr. J on the Sixers. After talking about random games and moments that stuck out in our minds, we both decided that we had just witnessed one we'd never forget.

Bulls Nuggets 07-08. The game after trading Wallace...everyone plays well, but Gordon steals the show, entering an all out battle against realgm favorite JR Smith. 39 points, and straight up sickening shots. Fun tidbit..next time Denver visited the UC in 08-09..BG treated them the same..dropping 37 on the improved nuggets.

his 9-9 3 pt performance against the Wizards 05-06. What was most incredible about this was the last one he hit..an impossible shot for anyone else, he hit the 3 with someone all over him in the corner. And this wasn't just him beasting on a crap team either. The bulls actually went down in the final minute before BG hit that game saving 3.

I could keep going, it's just ridiculous how many games we won because of him. Ben Gordon is now my favorite player not on the Bulls.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#123 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:42 am

keshmoney wrote:
Beryl 96 wrote:I don't really have much to say ATM other than to mention the class of certain individuals here corrupting the thread and that I hope Ben eats us each time the Bulls meet the Pistons, and even send a signal to JR if he's present. Yet again this organization fails its fans, but we're too naive and hopeful to do anything, one thing is for sure, this team is gonna have to earn my time next season.

This team doesn't deserve anything worthwhile, and the way it handles itself doesn't help their cause to get these thing and retain them. So, take your picks, how long til Rose is gone.

+ 10000000

Yeah right, you guys cheering for Ben and Detroit will do 180's when things go well for the Bulls again. Save yourself the trouble and quit calling yourselves Bulls fans then
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
Bullsville
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#124 » by Bullsville » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:44 am

Susan wrote:
Bullsville wrote:
Posey H8er wrote:You will be missed Ben.

I hope this doesn't mean Salmons feels he has to shoot 10 more times a game.

Why?

As long as Salmons has a higher TS% and a higher eFG% than Gordon- like he did last season after joining the Bulls- I'll be quite effing happy to see him take ALL of the shots Gordon was taking.

Remember when you used that same argument for Andres Nocioni taking more shots. That **** was funny as hell man.

This thread is about Ben.
keshmoney
Bench Warmer
And1: 118

Post#125 » by keshmoney » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:46 am

BullSoxChicago'sFinest wrote:
keshmoney wrote:
Beryl 96 wrote:I don't really have much to say ATM other than to mention the class of certain individuals here corrupting the thread and that I hope Ben eats us each time the Bulls meet the Pistons, and even send a signal to JR if he's present. Yet again this organization fails its fans, but we're too naive and hopeful to do anything, one thing is for sure, this team is gonna have to earn my time next season.

This team doesn't deserve anything worthwhile, and the way it handles itself doesn't help their cause to get these thing and retain them. So, take your picks, how long til Rose is gone.

+ 10000000

Yeah right, you guys cheering for Ben and Detroit will do 180's when things go well for the Bulls again. Save yourself the trouble and quit calling yourselves Bulls fans then

I have and always will be a Bulls fan, but this definitely hurts. Currently, I am very upset that efforts weren't made by the Bulls to keep him. Ben made the Bulls exciting for a long time, and without him, it will be tough to watch this team.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#126 » by Susan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:27 am

I usually don't make an effort to go to one game over another but I am going to be behind Detroit's bench for the first game they come into town.
italican07
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Ben Gordon Goodbye Video 

Post#127 » by italican07 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:39 am

Youtube.com/ItalianBari8
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Re: Ben Gordon Goodbye Video 

Post#128 » by Posey H8er » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:46 am

italican07 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35Zk-vCbhg

Great video but I didn't like the music. Good memories.
frosty23
Junior
And1: 30

Post#129 » by frosty23 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:47 am

Very nice mix..all that's missing is the four pointer he hit against the clippers and eric gordon last year..i was at that game, incredible..
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#130 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:55 am

i love your mixes with the techno. keep it up
keshmoney
Bench Warmer
And1: 118

Post#131 » by keshmoney » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:56 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGlm-KgL ... re=channel

Another great mix. This guy was so fun to watch.
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#132 » by Mapelgleaf » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:00 am

i know this sounds petty, but I could never get over him wearing #7.

That's Toni's number damnit.

Oh well, I'm not as upset as most, but I give BG props for being a true professional. Our team will be fine.
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#133 » by samwana » Thu Jul 2, 2009 8:54 am

:sad: I'm crying really I am. I loved you Ben you were our best player for years and I'll miss you A LOT!!!
I wish you the best and the Pistons all bad luck they can get!
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#134 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Jul 2, 2009 8:57 am

BullSoxChicago'sFinest wrote:
keshmoney wrote:

+ 10000000

You're funny. We're not allowed to be pissed because we let go of our best player since the dynasty years? Our stupid management low-balled the hell out of Ben and he was treated like crap compared to Princess Deng.

This is an awful day for the Bulls. The oblivious ones will understand why in a few short months when we're having trouble scoring over 90 a game.
fudgie
RealGM
And1: 701

Post#135 » by fudgie » Thu Jul 2, 2009 8:58 am

Damn, just when he began to grow on me. Oh well, I'll miss ya Ben, thanks for the memories.

Smooth move pulling that contract last year Reinsdorf.
I'd always thought of propane as a dignified lady. But she can also be a dirty girl.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#136 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Jul 2, 2009 9:01 am

I hold absolutely no ill-will towards you at all, BG. In fact, I hope you do your thing in Detroit and I'll be watching. I have to admit, I never ever feel that way about a player leaving a team that I like. That just speaks to how classy of an individual and how good you were. Like I stated in my essay in the official signing thread, Gordon's not a superstar but he's a very good player that I believe can win a championship with the right pieces around him. You can debate that all you want, but that's my opinion.

I loved this man and everything he brought to this organization. He helped make the Bulls a relevant team again and rescued them from obscurity. Kudos to you Ben and thanks for all of the moments that you've given us Bulls fans the last five years.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#137 » by transplant » Thu Jul 2, 2009 10:07 am

Ben, you're a special player and you provided many memorable moments. Thanks.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#138 » by Just_Bullz » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:29 pm

All the best Ben, you're one classy dude.

Will miss your clutch shooting and i'm really sorry Deng stole your pay check.

You deserved it more than him.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#139 » by Bulldog23 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:40 pm

Gordon I really enjoyed your game. I think your going to have great success with Detroit. Joe Dumars knows how to get to build a championship team. If he values you that's a huge compliment.

Good luck...I'm looking forward to seeing what Detroit does with Prince and Hamilton...because I have a strong feeling that both will be traded. You don't sign CV and play him behind Prince.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#140 » by 6_Rings » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:42 pm

good luck BG. I don't really like you as player but definitely ur better than Deng. like what the other posters said I hoped we overpayed you instead of him.

it's all water under the bridge now so good luck to both of our teams.

edit: I just called BG, basketball's Manny Pacquao in the Detroit board. what the heck is wrong with me. lol
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.

Return to Chicago Bulls