ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 09 thread:

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Eurobasket featuring Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf 

Post#61 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Here begins the Andris Biedrins wants out and will get it....

I think it's safe to just start circulating the news now.
Marco Part Deux.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#62 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Sleepy (and of course much of this is conjecture) I agree with you everything except one thing:

The major reason for the Amare deal was not Curry it was Amare wanting a MAX extension as the Warriors had one on the table but it was just for 6 years and I suspect it wasn't max. There were a number of reports and here's one:

http://www.azfamily.com/sports/news/sto ... ff21e.html

The earliest that the Phoenix Suns owners can complete the Amare Stoudemire trade with the Golden State Warriors is July 8, according to the NBA rules. So between now and then this deal that was agreed to in principal Thursday night could fall apart leaving the Suns in a real mess.

MGN Online

Amare would go to Golden State in exchange for a package of players including Golden States first round pick Steph Curry but there are several hurdles to be cleared.

The Warriors have laid a contract extension to Amare’s agent totaling five years. Stoudemire wants a maximum amount contract which the Warriors have not conceded to doing.

Also, Stoudemire’s eye injury and knee surgeries would have to be given a complete clean physical by the Warrrios medical staff. Stoudemire has yet to speak about the Warriors proposal and what he would do if the trade falls apart. He can opt out of his contract with the Suns after next season.

I believe this deal was nixed by Amare when the Warriors made it clear that they wouldn't sign him to a max deal which in part may have been courtesy of Mr. CoHell. It was justified most likely by his injury status (which as it turned out wasn't completely healed). I also think that Curry was used as the excuse so that Phoenix, Amare (and the Ws somewhat) could all save face. He wasn't as important to this deal as most would have you believe. It was Amare's injury status and (maybe to a lesser extent) Warriors Management not willing to throw a max deal his way with the team's current financial status.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#63 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

turk3d
RealGM

Post#64 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Pretty good CC. :lol:
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
oscars
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#65 » by oscars » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:08 pm

turk3d wrote:Yeah Oscar, let's hear what Andris has to say about all this trade BS. I'm afraid some of us here may not like it. :cry:

well that interviww is 3 months old so there where no trade rumors about him (or only Bosh rumors) ... will have to find that paper.. will take some time to translete it and find it...
Sleepy51: If I'm Dre, I pick up two quick fouls and a tech as soon as Nellie puts me back in with these wings who won't stay in front of anyone and no interior help
turk3d
RealGM

Post#66 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:11 pm

oscars wrote:
turk3d wrote:Yeah Oscar, let's hear what Andris has to say about all this trade BS. I'm afraid some of us here may not like it. :cry:

well that interviww is 3 months old so there where no trade rumors about him (or only Bosh rumors) ... will have to find that paper.. will take some time to translete it and find it...

What about more recent? He seems to be pretty quiet right now (which is not a good sign imo). It wasn't too long ago where they did a local TV interview at his bay area home and he was very upbeat about his stay with the Warriors. How's he doing basketballwise? Sid posted that one game at the beginning of this thread. Says he only scored 11 points.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#67 » by FNQ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Chris Cohan wrote:I think we've all grown here today.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
oscars
Sophomore

Post#68 » by oscars » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 pm

turk3d wrote:
oscars wrote:

What about more recent? He seems to be pretty quiet right now (which is not a good sign imo). It wasn't too long ago where they did a local TV interview at his bay area home and he was very upbeat about his stay with the Warriors. How's he doing basketballwise? Sid posted that one game at the beginning of this thread. Says he only scored 11 points.

well that was just an unimportant friendly game... and he had a lots of physical training..hes not still in basketball shape... + the new couch dsont have so much focus on Biedrins... he wants that the hole team shares the ball...so Biedrins will not get so much touches.. he had recently an interview in Latvina TV.. he sad about the Amare trade taht this is just a buisness... and if the team decides to traid him he will acept it , but would be glad if there is posibilitie to traid him to a stronger team... but still he loves Warriors , and would gladly stau here.. he calls Bay area his home...
Sleepy51: If I'm Dre, I pick up two quick fouls and a tech as soon as Nellie puts me back in with these wings who won't stay in front of anyone and no interior help
oscars
Sophomore

Post#69 » by oscars » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

i could find just a part of that interview.. made a quick translation with translate tools so the langueage is very bad... sorry for that :) will try to find the hole intervie thoyh... but i must say he speaked very honestly and without political phrases...

What are generally left feeling about last season? On the one hand, greater role for the team, a good individual statistics, on the other - at the end of the season an injury, and complete failure of the club. Rather satisfied or more dissatisfied?

- With my own personal performance'm happy - despite the fact that over the past two months, almost did not played. The first 55 games was a success and the belief that, in general, everything was in order. Team game - it already is another question ... There seems to be no match this season we were not in full composition of all time, even while one or more of the injuries. It is really difficult to play - a pass from the ratings of two to three weeks, then returns. He composition, but by that time already in the field next. As players, we all went in a circle. Including me. At the end of it all had come back and ready to play, got ankle injury ... Consequently, the entire team this season was disjointed, and there is nothing brilliant.

In all Goldensteit disasters really only those injuries fault?

- I do not know. Indeed, it is difficult to say, in full, it alsodi not all players play and nobody knows for sure it would be if they were. In any event, think - it would be totally different if Monta Ellis would not have been entered in the accident and missed the first four months of season. Of course, he came back, but then again was not ready. Teams play once again completely changed.

29 victory of the season is quite a tragic figure ...

- Yes, pretty sad. I remember, it seems it was the first or second year, when the came to the League - and then won the same 29 games. Of course, a pity that so. Well, what can I say - quite unpleasant to lose so many games in one season ...

It appeared that a great many "Warriors" but lost cos of go-Davis - lacked a player around which mobilize the team.

- Of course, there hard to oppose. Davis remains Davis - last season he had to pull the team viable, and this year we lacked in his very. However, such things should not be surprised. It's all one big business, and the club chooses to him whats the best. Already tried something to think and experiment, but also the other players is not easy - they playted along the lines in which they had never played. Not so easy when you are put into the plot completely different place - now go and play. Because everything, which should not coincide, coincided this year - injuries, changes in the composition of other things.

At what time you understood themselves that the real season has ended?

- Actually fast. I can even say quite clearly, from the expiration of the season was only the two months - were walk in Washington. We are with [Stephen] Mr Jackson were the team captains, and Nelson called and said that we need to talk. Met at the evening, and he said: "Unfortunately everything is over - this season we will be losers season." Of course, the balance has been quite sad, but just think - we hav only played 30 games, and they say its all over...! And one thing, if he just would say it to us - then it would stay between us. But it was about a week, and he told it all the press ... Logically - Guys opens the newspaper, there read that the head coach believes that the season is nowhere written down, and we will not further, and that's it. I think it left its impression. Because, if you already coach threw the hand, then held for longer players ...

Two years ago, following Nelson bluffed and then play the second round of playoffs. On the edge it seemed that this time is trying something similar.

- Yes, but now - but it is difficult, if Guys read the following texts. Back then it was later - could be January or February. It is now our meetings were held in December!

Trying something opposed, to speak? If you caused, then obviously, therefore, to listen to your thoughts.

- In the area, but by then we could say such a situation? He himself has said - pity it, but it should be. The whole situation with the Elisa ... Of course, talked, but he stressed only that we are strong and also to cheer up other guys - the final non-manual. But by then there may be encouraging, if the principal said that everything is not over ... Of course, did what was now possible. The new even easier - they already took "over a song, but half the teams in this league played for many years and is well understood how it all happens.

What are your captain's duties?

- No terrible obligation already exists, rather it is conditional. The most important was to look after young players - look for them to "leave-gray hard" ... Rookies, repeat - especially at the end of the season, when the real changes in expression of these games were no longer, and a great many around the long-running everything was still. For the first or second year of the League, when in fact, very much is to to them the situation was extremely difficult. Immediately get a shock. Of course, that first of all they're looking for veterans, and if there overlooking the series of "Aha, sita whole guy dropped by hand - why should I not be able to!", The team generally collapses. So with the new deal was.

Narrated yourexperiences - that in the first years also was bad, and you di not plau much?

- Exactly! Sometimes it must be near at hand and specifically stated: "We all realize that the season is bad, but you dude, you have a situation where it does not matter - you have now certainly have a minute for each of its 110%!" And at the end was not so hard.

After the season did you had a team meeting with the club management?

- What meeting ... Each to his side, and "Hi". One meeting was about a week before the season endet - me and [Roni] Turiaf, which some time previously and was appointed as one of the captains aswell, whwrw called to negotiations with the club's president [Robert Rovels] and [Patrick] Raily, which this week formally endorsed Chris Mulin site as a general manager. The conversation was totally open and specific - what do you like, what do you don't like, whats totaly wrong . They heard our thoughts, we are - what they had to say.

Wuthout Nelson?

- Without. Sited one ro two hours to sort out their affairs - from the menus, and ending with ... In other words, talketd for everything that we thought wrong. Without polite phrases.

There was much to tell?

- Quite. But it is better to remain "under four eyes". Do not impose on the entire table.

It is generally known, which is currently held by Goldensteit - which really is power, and who determines what next year's team look like?

- I think now it is the club president. He also formerly was at the team, but the internal affairs especially not continue, but the last two years, more and more involved. I think now he is exactly that which is decided in principle in all the key issues.

And Nelson? This is increasingly beginning to look that he, has exhausted hiself with this team. Whats the view from the inside?

- I do not know. Maybe sometimes it is that ... (blows out) No one deny' s that he is one of the best coaches in the league has ever had. But sometimes it is true that some of his decisions seem questionable. Previously, it was not so. Now, from time to time is that guys just look each om other and say: "oho, what the hell was that..?" This season it was time by time the case.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#70 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 pm

oscars,
thank you so much for going to all that trouble. that's great stuff
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Luusizz
Senior

Post#71 » by Luusizz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted something here, but I feel like I should fill you in the situation about Andris from homeland point of view. Like my fellow latvian mentioned here, Andris gave an interview to the biggest sports magazine in Latvia in which he revealed that he wasn't too pleased to hear from Nellie that the season was over after 15 (or something like that) games, he said that the whole team just couldn't fight enough anymore. He also said that it seems like Warriors have no plan for the future (if I remember correctly) and some other things about the organization. He praised the fans though. ;)

What my latvian fellow didn't tell is that he was also interview by our national TV where he was asked about all the trade rumors and he said that he felt disappointed, but it's all business. If you remember, Andris said before that he would like to always play for the Warriors, now he didn't seem so sure about that anymore, because he felt like Warriors don't need him anymore. He said that he is very thankful to Warriors for letting him become the player he is now, giving him chance and looking after him though. It's not like he doesn't want to be a Warrior anymore, but he definitely felt abandoned by the organization (at least it looked like he was really disappointed).

He also said that his best friend on team are Ronny and Marco (the interview was before that f**king unbelievable trade with Raptors).

About his game against Sweden – he didn't demand ball that much and let the others do their job on offense, because he is sure about his place on the team, but some guys still need to earn their spot on the team. Plus he is now playing alongside Kaspars Kambala (our second best center and one of the best centers in Europe), who still needs to feel his game because he was disqualified for using cocaine 2,5 years ago, so he let him take it inside and feel the game. He also had worked out really hard for the last month so he isn't in shape right now – he doesn't have his vertical leap and speed right now. He did quite a good job on the defensive end though. Anyway. Latvia will play an exhibition game against Lithuania tomorrow and I will watch the game and tell you my opinion about Andris' play.
Unstoppable, baby!
Luusizz
Senior

Post#72 » by Luusizz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 pm

P.S. He said he isn't sure that he will not get traded away this post-season in opposite to previous seasons when he was sure about his place on the team.
Unstoppable, baby!
turk3d
RealGM

Post#73 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Oscar and Luuizz,

Thank you guys so much for updating us on the status of Andris this offseason. Some of us believe that it's always been Nellie's intent to trade him but keep hoping that he isn't able tot. What has Andris been working on this offseason? Do you know? It seems that every offseason he adds a new wrinkle or two to his game.

If you know him personally, tell him to work real hard on his free throws. At the beginning of the season, when he was scoring 16-18 ppg, he was fairly consistent on his free throws. It was when he lost that consistency that he lost his position on the offense. Since he's so go of a shooter close to the basket, opposing team will not be hesitant to foul him and if he doesn't make the free throws, Nellie (and his teammates) will stop throwing him the ball when he's in scoring position.

The other thing is if there was anyone in Latvia (a Latvian coach) who can teach him how to shoot from shortrange jumper. Even if he could occasionally hit a wide open 10 shot, it would add to his game tremendously. If they respected his outside shooting ability and his free throw shooting, he would almost be unstoppable and could easily average 18-20 ppg which would force Nellie to make him an integral part of our offense. As for defense, keep doing what he always does, no problem there. Go LATVIA!!!
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#74 » by Coxy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Yeah thanks Oscar, great job.

In any event, think - it would be totally different if Monta Ellis would not have been entered in the accident and missed the first four months of season. Of course, he came back, but then again was not ready.

I know how much it pissed off the fans when he jumped on that moped, but I guess it was even more frustrating for his teammates. Monta, Monta, Monta...................
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#75 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm

And Nelson? This is increasingly beginning to look that he, has exhausted hiself with this team. Whats the view from the inside?

- I do not know. Maybe sometimes it is that ... (blows out) No one deny' s that he is one of the best coaches in the league has ever had. But sometimes it is true that some of his decisions seem questionable. Previously, it was not so. Now, from time to time is that guys just look each om other and say: "oho, what the hell was that..?" This season it was time by time the case.

:o
Coxy
RealGM

Post#76 » by Coxy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Luusizz wrote:Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted something here, but I feel like I should fill you in the situation about Andris from homeland point of view. Like my fellow latvian mentioned here, Andris gave an interview to the biggest sports magazine in Latvia in which he revealed that he wasn't too pleased to hear from Nellie that the season was over after 15 (or something like that) games, he said that the whole team just couldn't fight enough anymore. He also said that it seems like Warriors have no plan for the future (if I remember correctly) and some other things about the organization. He praised the fans though. ;).

Thanks Luusizz, you guys should post more around here, its good to hear this stuff.

It doesn't suprise me at all to hear Andris saying that sort of stuff about Nellie. That fat sack gave up before the season even started in my opinion. The Montagate episode was too much for him to work through with the team.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#77 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 pm

I gave up before the season started..Look at our PG's to start the season lol..We had no chance..We had the worst PG's in the league and no size. Randolph and Wright we'rnt NBA ready and had not shot at covering for Al's departure....this team with that roster was going to suck donkey balls no matter what

Nellie played it just right.
gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#78 » by gswlego » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Nelly just responded under Sid's account.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#79 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:12 am

Sid went through this same emotional rollercoaster when we signed Maggs. By the time Nellie has retired, Sid will finally have accepted that the old guy got old 2 years ago.

Losing Andris along the way is going to suck hog balls though.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#80 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:14 am

Sid the Squid wrote:I gave up before the season started..Look at our PG's to start the season lol..We had no chance..We had the worst PG's in the league and no size. Randolph and Wright we'rnt NBA ready and had not shot at covering for Al's departure....this team with that roster was going to suck donkey balls no matter what

Nellie played it just right.

Yeah OK, your totally right Sid, it was absolutely fine for Nellie to give up on the team after 1 of our players went down. He's 1 of the best coaches of all time and he should be allowed to make that call whenever he feels its necessary, regardless of the time of the season as well. Great call and coaching job from the fat 1. You've totally turned my opinion on him now, he's a great coach and I should be slapped for thinking otherwise. Truly inspiration effort for the young guys, as Biedrins apparently stated.

Everythings fine right.

Return to Golden State Warriors